Adult Circumcision

Discussion in 'Genitalia' started by Tremendous, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Tremendous

Tremendous Member

I have quite a complex question surrounding masturbation and adult circumcision.

Now I just know this topic is gonna spark an inane debate about there being no logical reason why anyone should be circumsized, that circumcision is wrong, barbaric, evil.... I really could care less. You guys can debate that all you like and I'll just skip those posts, but I would appreciate a genuine answer to my question at some point.

Anyway....

I'm about to go through an adult circumcision due to a medical problem (Lichen Sclerosus, if you must know) and I'm absolutely petrified for a number of reasons. Surprisingly, the main concern I have is regarding masturbation.

What I wanna know from guys that have been through an adult circumcision is, is masturbation better or worse once you've healed?

I have this crazy notion that I'm not going to be able to climax on my own when I no longer have my foreskin. Is that really a crazy notion?

It may sound like a stupid question, but this issue really is bugging me. So please help me out with some advice. I'm going to sleep now, so I'll check any replies tomorrow. Thanx in advance.

2. Badmoonraising

Badmoonraising Member

I think you are a courageous man for coming here with your question. Your question is not stupid at all and I hope there are some well-intentioned people here who can answer you honestly.

I am not circumcised but once considered having it done for none medical reasons. After researching the whole adult circumcision issue carefully and rather toughly I decided not to have it done. I am quite convinced that under normal circumstances adult circumcision does have a negative affect on masturbation. However I can’t say this absolutely because I did not have it done. Nonetheless circumcision does alter the normal function of the body. That in it’s self must do, and does do something.

During my research I did read accounts of men who had it done for none medical reasons. Some for religious reasons, and others at the insistence of a partner. Most reported a decrease in sensation after circumcision. One man even described it as the difference between watching black and white TV vs. colour TV. On the other hand (no pun intended) some reported greater satisfaction post circumcision.

I have a very strong opinion against infant circumcision for a number of very good and logical reasons. But I also support that in some cased it is necessary. And it certainly is the right of every adult individual to make that choice. You are and adult with a medical condition. There fore it is your choice. Or perhaps it is not a choice at this point. In that case, consider that millions of men have been circumcised and have had satisfying sex lives.

Men who were circumcised as infants or prior to sexual maturity can’t give you any true insight. They were altered and their sexual sensation expectation is what they have experienced all their lives. In other words they don’t know any better. So unfortunately you’re going to have to hope you get a couple of honest men who had it done under similar circumstances to give an answer.

Sorry, I didn’t mean to scare the hell out of you. I think you are going to be all right. Your masturbation technique may change but I’m sure you will be able to climax on you own once you have healed.

Good luck.

3. PineMan

PineMan Senior Member

I am also in the situation where I may have to undergo cicumcision for medical reasons.

With me it's BXO (Balanitis Xerotica Obliterans), resulting from scar tissue from a prior injury getting slightly torn during sex or masturbation & additional scar tissue causing further shrinkage of the forekin each time it heals.

I have been given a steroid cream to help with healing, as my docto, like myself, is opposed to having to perform circumcisions, except when absolutely necessary, but I suspect it may just be postponing the inevitable.

I't certainly not something I'm looking foreward to, as I value the hi sensitivity an moist, uncut glans gives, however, I am also aware that I can reach a satisfactory climax through masturbation without even touching the glans - appropriate stimulation of the shaft alone can be sufficient to reach orgasm.

4. Tremendous

Tremendous Member

You know, I never even thought of it that way, but you're right. I can climax without direct stimulation of the glans.

I'm actually looking forward to sex after circumcision because I'm too sensitive in that area anyway and I'm looking forward to longer staying power.

Anyway, good luck with your situation also.

Thank you for your reply too Badmoonraising, it was an interesting read. :)

5. Badmoonraising

Badmoonraising Member

What a shock. Two reasonable men having a discussion. How refreshing.

I will bid good luck to both you gentlemen. Fortunately I don't have the issue you both may be facing. But if I did, hey, if guess I would have no option but suck it up and go for it.

Good luck.

6. vietkim

vietkim Member

7. sophieclair

sophieclair Senior Member

Just what they need to worry about losing their penis, you probably aren't helping their situation.

I hope everything goes ok for you two and your situations. Sorry to hear about it but atleast you will still be able to have sex. Think of it like that.

8. Swass

Swass Member

I consider circumcision sometimes for the simple fact that my glans are overly sensitive as it is, so if getting it done would cut down on the sensation then I'd be able to last longer. That'd be worth it IMO.

I've too wondered about masturbation after having it done...

9. sarahrei

sarahrei ~Lover~

Just something worth noteing, threw my personal expierence men who are cut don't last as long as men who arent.

10. Gumby

Gumby Banned

Your display pic is enough to make a mans penis fall off...

11. stonemaster

stonemaster Member

dont worry my dad had to do the same thing for the same reason when he was 70 and as far as jerking off is concerned REALLY

12. waspman

waspman Member

Sure you've had sufficient responses to your query but want to add recap of my personal experience. Was circed four years ago as an adult male. Don't worry about being able to climax after the op. It will be quite different but will work just fine. I find that bringing myself to climax is more time consuming and more hard work, so leading up to the climax is arduous, but the actual explosion is just the same. The sensation of the foreskin will be gone so feelings will have to come from the naked glans which is simply not a sensitive as the inner foreskin. Nevertheless the corona and the circ scar will provide all you'll need. You will need lubrication. But remember that thousands of cut men masturbate with success! The glans sensitivity will diminish as it adjusts to its life with no protection but it will still work. One thing that you will likely enjoy will be the ease of hygiene. In that regard life will be much easier. Don't worry about anything. You'll be just fine and so will your penis! Good luck.

13. Tremendous

Tremendous Member

Thank you, your response helps me a lot. :)

14. Badmoonraising

Badmoonraising Member

The reply from waspman sounds genuine and honest. Thanks waspman. I think lots of guys wonder what it's like for the "other side". Still, I am glad I didn't have it done, but if I ever have to this is good information to retain.

15. waspman

waspman Member

Happy my adult circ comments helped Tremendous. It'll all be OK. Badmoonraising has an excellent point though. There is absolutely no question that life and sex with foreskin are far better. I would never undergo the procedure unless there were a valid medical reason, and those are few, but they do exist. I am aghast how supposedly-intelligent parents subject their innocent children to circumcision. It is a ghastly and cruel thing to do to them and is not necessary. Sadly medical people are often the worst proponents of circumcision, but many of them are its own victims and they are entirely ignorant of the foreskin. This is changing but not quickly enough to save innocent kids from circ's pain every day. And that pain does not end after the wound heals.

16. Fastswitch

Fastswitch Visitor

How about circumcisng WHIBBOBIATA's head, and I mean the big one with no brains in it! Same with you, Gumby, Sorry I forgot how bad you are! Banned, Barred, Hated, and worthless - still kicking! You'll make a great lawyer.

17. PineMan

PineMan Senior Member

I second the motion.

I also suggest that members should either have to have been registered for a certain amount of time, and/or made a certain number of posts before attachments are permitted.

18. Tremendous

Tremendous Member

So anyway, I had the circumcision on friday. It went a lot better than I was expecting, although it's really swollen at the moment. Probably compounded by the fact that I tied a new dressing to it a few hours ago myself and it might be a bit tight.

I'll know when it's healed whether I've made a mistake.

19. siers

siers Member

Hi Tremendous,

I was wondering how things are going after your circumcision, as I have the same condition, and have the same questions you had. I presume you may not have been able to 'try it out' yet, but would love to hear more of your experiences both before and after?

Cheers,
    Jeff

20. PineMan

PineMan Senior Member

I underwent the procedure on Tuesday under Local Anaesthetic. It's taken a few days to stop bleeding, and it's now mainly sore from bruising. The worst thing of all, though, is that I clearly can't masturbate for a few weeks yet, until it's sufficiently healed, but what makes it even worse is that the more you know masturbation is impossible, the stronger the desire.