Odd Time signatures

Discussion in 'Musicians' started by duckandmiss, Sep 28, 2004.

1. duckandmiss

duckandmiss Pastafarian

I am trying to practice my odd time signatures on the drumset and I need to find some free stuff online before I go out and buy the book Even in the Odds by Ralph Humphrey. Anyone know where I could find somethng like this?

2. flowerchild17

flowerchild17 I practice safe sax.

Hmmm... I have some drum pieces in 12/8 time, that a friend gave to me, if I could scan them or tab them with time rhythms, would you like them? Are there any particular odd time signatures you're looking for, or just all ones that aren't in 4?

3. duckandmiss

duckandmiss Pastafarian

That would be wonderful, anything but 4/4 really but I woud like to see some 5, 7 and 6.If you were able to scan them that would be a wonderful thing, Thanks very much.
    Need anything I might have?

4. flowerchild17

the ones I have are only for snare, I just realized. is that alright? or are you looking for things JUST for set? If you're looking ofr set stuff, I'm sure I could find some, even if they're not completely accurate tabs or anything, they'd still be good practice. I just have to dust off my old drums books. If my scanner ever starts working I'll scan them, or tab them, or I could possibly send them in the mail to you. Any preference?

5. duckandmiss

duckandmiss Pastafarian

Thats alright i think Im going to be ok I dont want you to go through all that work, Ill just stop being frugal and buy the book that I want. Thank you thoug for he generous offer.
    I think i was lookin gfo more web generated stuff that could easily access, jsut ahvent found anything yet.

6. flowerchild17

Hehe I dont mind, but I'll keep a lookout on the interenet for anything that might be useful to you :)

7. Deep Fried

Deep Fried I Fight What U Fear!

8. flowerchild17

Awesome man, thanksfor posting! Those sites help me out a lot too, as I'm trying to brush up on my percussion for my school's winter drum ensumble...