Movies that have scared your A$$ off!

Discussion in 'Horror Movies' started by Jackillin, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Jackillin

Jackillin Member

List the movies that have scared your A$$ off!

The Shining
    Poltergeist
    The Mothman Prophecies
    The Exorcism Of Emily Rose
    The Omen
    Jaws
    Event Horizon (I had nightmares after this film, but it's not a horror?)

Jac

2. Wiseman

Wiseman Senior Member

I've never had a movie scare me. It kinda stinks. I think 'Silence of The Lambs' is the closest something has came to it.

I want to be scared sometime, though.

3. darthkacie

darthkacie crazy diamond

The Shining is the only movie that can always scare the shit out of me, no matter how many times I've seen it.

4. FireflyInTheDark

FireflyInTheDark Sell-out with a Heart of Gold

Mothman is the only movie that's really effectively fucked me up for weeks... I was afraid it was going to come after me if I thought about it's name too much. Later, I looked up Indrid Cold on the internet and found nothing about it, aside from a heavy metal band... apparently now there's lots on him, though. Whoops!
    *boards up the windows and doors*

5. Jackillin

Jackillin Member

Yeah, The Mothman Prophecies did that to me too. I've seen it twice and both times it meant I didn't sleep for the next 3 nights thinking it was going to GET me!! Ha ha! I made it worse by finding info on the phenomenon on the internet!

6. Wiseman

Wiseman Senior Member

Wow. What's this Mothman thing about? (I like to get your guys' opinions instead of IMDB's)

7. FireflyInTheDark

It's a dramatization of an actual series of strange events in Point Pleasant, WV involving the collapse of the Silver Bridge and a frightening "Mothman" that appears to certain people and prophecies catastrophic events. The story is obviously simplified and dressed up for our viewing pleasure (in our case, terror), but if you do some research, I think the actual events are more frightening than the movie. As if it wasn't enough to make you crap your pants when they tell you it's based on a true story... >.<
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mothman

8. Bonkai

Bonkai Later guys

The only movie that has given me fear of the supernatural is Candy Man. I seriously could not sleep for a week after I first saw this, I even :( asked to sleep next to my mom after one nightmare I was only 7-8 but still I don't think I have experienced fear like that since a bad salvia trip sometime last year.

9. Jackillin

Jackillin Member

Yeah!! I forgot a bout Candyman, that did scare me, but what scared me even more was Stephen King's IT! I watched it when I was about 12. I remember being terrified!

10. Jackillin

Jackillin Member

Years ago I came across a website that detailed sightings of the Mothman from around the world, not just in Point Pleasant. That really scared me!!

11. Bonkai

Bonkai Later guys

IT was a scary movie that I enjoyed watching when I was little, with the lights on but still. Tho that movie did ruin clowns for me for life. As for Mothman I actually was a sap and got interested in the myth and tried to read as much on it as possible, well while i was interested.

12. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

The Ring....awful movie with that dead girl crawling backwards out of the well...just writing about it creeps me out and makes me see her. shitdamn :(

13. raz5

raz5 زینب

the exorcism of emily rose scared me so bad, every one says to me it wasn't scary but i was buggin out when i saw it and for months after i saw it haha.

the original amityville horror scares me too

14. FireflyInTheDark

Oooooh Lordy, good times with The Ring movies... The original made such an impression on me that I became obsessed with it (I love being scared). I've played Samara in a haunted hayride every year since the movie came out. I've also seen The Ring, The Ring Two, Ringu, Ringu 2, Ring 0: Birthday, and The Ring Virus (found the more obscure ones on an online streaming site).
    The Japanese ones take a little time to get used to, but once you adjust to the style, they have a much creepier atmosphere than most American horror. They really know how to do a ghost story... see Pulse to have your face scared off (not the American shit remake).
    The American Ring will always have a special place in my heart, though. I think they did a great job keeping it creepy and cryptic and full of wtf.:eek:

15. TattoedAquarian

TattoedAquarian Senior Member

The Descent

16. prana

prana Member

Last edited: Feb 1, 2024
  17. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

The Blair Witch Project

18. spirit of the night

spirit of the night Senior Member

The Blair Witch Project turned me white with fear, I watched it on my own aged 12, I think. I could not watch the last few seconds on my own. That ending is terrifying.

I loved it! Scared me shitless :D

19. FireflyInTheDark

LOVED Blair Witch. Scared the fuck outta me. Still very effective, I think, though I watched my old vhs copy so many times it has lines through it when I watch it now. :p

20. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter