Ranitidine (Zantac) as a potentiator?

Discussion in 'Opiates' started by IllCanabillyVanilly, Feb 2, 2009.

1. IllCanabillyVanilly

IllCanabillyVanilly Senior Member

I've read on a few sites that Zantac can be used to potentiate opiates but wasnt sure how true it was. I'm not looking to get high off of Zantac, I was just wondering if it would help boost the effects of my hydrocodone. I got like a full bottle in my medicine cabinet so if it doesn't work I can just leave them for when I have heartburn.

Was just curious. I'll probably catch some shit for asking about recreational uses for a heartburn medication but when I read that it could potentiate opiates, I got curious.

2. does2

does2 Member

Where did you hear about this?
    If you could post any legit resources pertaining to this, I would be very interested.

3. IllCanabillyVanilly

Well the sources arent exactly "legit". Just some stuff I read on bluelight. Thats why I came here.

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/archive/index.php/t-185032.html

theres a link. its basically a thread talking about different potentiators and zantac is mentioned. some people say it works but it increases some side effects. Based on the information I've got, I most likely won't try it but if I do, I'll probably just take a low dose.

4. does2

does2 Member

^If you do it, let us know how it goes.

5. SpENS93

SpENS93 Illuminati

grapefruit juice works
    also 30mg of dxm with some dph

chew up a 40

i was nodding all day

6. Feelings Of U4ia

Feelings Of U4ia Senior Member

If you have a decent tolerance to opiates, no matter which potentiator you use, you won't notice much of a difference.

I've tried every so called potentiator under the sun, and opiates were just as good alone.

I personally have never heard of using Zantac, but I would be interested if it works. I just really didn't think it made that much of a difference, no matter what I have tried.

Also, potentiators don't make the drugs stronger, they make the duration longer, most of the time. So if you nodded harder, it was most likely just placebo from taking something that you heard would make the high better.

7. Euphorial

Euphorial Member

When I tried 25mg dph with 30mg oxy that stuff had me nodding waaay too hard, especially for just 30mg. It didn't feel any stronger, but I sure did feel like I might pass out against my will.

8. Feelings Of U4ia

Could have been a really adverse effect of the DPH, but it certainly wouldn't have made the opiate THAT much stronger. Like I said, they don't make opiates stronger in most cases...they inhibit the breakdown of the opiate, which causes a longer duration because the chemical stays in your system longer.

9. kil0

kil0 The Rebel

I never heard of zantac as a potentiator, but I have read that tagamet is supposed to extend the high.

10. LegendInHisTime

LegendInHisTime Member

benzos are the best potentiator I have ever used I only take like half of a dose of opiates that I would normally take. I know its dangerous to take to sedatives but I just take a lot less of both if I do them together prepared to alone

11. kil0

kil0 The Rebel

next week, Im gonna try grapefruit juice, diphenhydramine, and xanax as potentiators. Gonna mix it with an OC80 and a few 10mg percs. This better work.

12. Feelings Of U4ia

Don't plan on it.

13. Eagles06

Eagles06 Member

Be very careful mixing all those substances Kilo. I know your an experienced drug user but I don't want you to kill yourself.

14. Feelings Of U4ia

He isn't going overboard. He is mixing Oxycodone with potentiators.

He will be fine. Only thing he needs to be worried about it Xanax....and he know about that well.

15. Eagles06

Eagles06 Member

Yes, u are right. I just saw that he was gonna mix an OC80, 10mg percs, and xanax. But like we both said, he knows what hes doing. Hey U4ia.. did you get my PM? I understand if you don't want to answer that question, but do you think if I need to get something I am screwed or is there a shot?

16. philly4life

philly4life Member

hey everyone, i actually did exactly this tonite because i had a "sour stomach"(from the back of the box) after i did like a haldf an 80. That is basically my lowest, non potentiated dose that ill get any sort of real fucked up from. I can say that one zantac-75mg- does not do much. to each his own but i didnt notice anything other then no more stomach aches after about an hour.

17. IllCanabillyVanilly

I wasnt sure if it would really do much. I had planned to try it but I only had a few zantacs left and my mom uses them. I'll just stick with opiates themselves.

18. luciano

luciano Member

Natural wise:

- what works for CERTAIN opiates such as methadon is Cat's Claw which increases potency/duration by 25%.
    - Grapefruit juice isn't all that it's hyped up to be and I could show you a thread from bluelight discusing how grapefruit juice can actually cancel the effects of codeine, however again I don't know if this is true for other opiate/opioids. The subject like always on bluelight is still left open to discussion. www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=424020

Chemical wise:

I live in Canada so there is no fucking way of me ever touching or seeing (except in pictures)

- Cimetidine (tagament) which I have heard nothing but good things about. Though I can't speak from 1st hand experience.

- Benadryl works for all opioids/opiates and I can speak from personal experience, however no more than 25mg and I usually take it in halves over a 2hr-3hr course. More than 25mg (1 pill) leans the buzz much more towards the histamine side which is nothing but hell as you might know.

- Marijuana or even better hasish are the BEST to combine/boost up your narcotic high.

- Clonidine is great for potentating narcotics. Usually 0.1mg is more than enough...if no tolerence with clonidine try half a 0.1mg pill every half hour-one hour.

- Benzodiazepines are excellent as well however if no tolerence to benzos, have an extremily low dose as the benzos like the antihistamines can easily overpower the narcotic high and you end up missing out on your buzz. If no tolerence then the best bezo to combine is 0.5mg clonazepam or 3mg bromazepam 1hr before dosing the narcotic. The next best one is diazepam 5mg-7.5mg or lorazepam 0.5mg or nitrazepam 5mg right when dosing the narcotic. Alprazolam and midazolam are the worst benzos I have had to combine with narcotics on a low benzo tolerence b/c they both feel like bricks to the head.

Please DO NOT take alcohol as a potentatior, Ambien, Imovane or antipsychotics like Seraquel to make the nod stronger! You will only ruin your buzz!

19. luciano

luciano Member

Some people also say that DXM in small doses (no more than 50mg) either takes away from the narcotic tolerence or they even potentate it. This however is open for discussion and no colusive evidence has proven this theory.

20. Robbie883

Robbie883 Member

The grapefruit juice works, I usually grab a pint or two at the store and keep it on hand, the days I snort some heroin. The white grapefruit juice is what you need to get, and the best way to do it is just chug it down as fast as you can then immediately snort. That's what I do anyways and it does seem to make the NOD stronger, doesn't make the high much more intense