Globalization HAS to Happen

Discussion in 'Globalization' started by ninjarilla, Feb 2, 2009.

1. Menace2KS

Menace2KS Member

I'm not trying to be cynical but violence is part of human nature. Has been for the whole of our recorded history. 13,000 years of blood and hatred. Peace and Love is only possible through small communities. Normal people see the differences between themselves and others a lot sooner than they see the similarities. I guess I just don't have the faith in Humanity like others do.

2. Tsurugi_Oni

Tsurugi_Oni Member

If it happens at a smaller scale, it's definately possible at a larger.

We have eternity to work through our problems, and infinite problems to adapt to.

3. zencoyote

zencoyote Member

Globalization? Not a chance. The world runs on oil. Globalization will require massive amounts of the stuff....but...being a finite resource and that little thing called Peak Oil, I have serious doubts.
    And before anyone begins with the idea that alternative energies will save the day...it takes oil products to manufacture that technology.

Buy a horse or mule...be prepared to live without all that oil has brought.

Zen

4. special esk

special esk Member

dude your kidding right, theres always gonna be a struggle for power, land, and resources especially where the world is headed.

as for you, thats absolutely the opposite from the proven truth. go read Guns Germs and Steel. or just go search up on evolution and see where we've come from. from 40 000 years ago when we were all hunter gatherers, you would defend a territory with lots of food/animals to hunt, then move on. and if any other humans were there they would kill each other. the first time in history when humans actually had to see strangers on a regular basis without killing each other was about 10 000 years ago which was the beginning of farming which supported small civilizations. therefore there is 30 000 years of killing each other embedded in our DNA

5. Mellow Yellow

Mellow Yellow Electrical Banana

Apparently we haven't evolved much.

6. Mellow Yellow

Mellow Yellow Electrical Banana

Agreed, the marginal added economic benefits aren't worth the loss of identity and individuality, you can't put a price tag on that.

My fear is it's already happening. Sure the governments are and will remain separate in the sense that they have different laws and different groups of people running things, but governments and politicians everywhere are no more than puppets for the corporate establishment. Capitalized multi-national corporations have the power to do whatever they want wherever they want because they can buy the politicians and the courts, and they can afford to pay the fines when they break the laws, it's built into their business model. If they can find a way to exploit a situation to make a buck they will, it doesn't matter who gets hurt, because the corporate chieftains who make the decisions are anonymous, they don't have to face their victims.

7. Tsurugi_Oni

Tsurugi_Oni Member

Violence is as much as a part of human nature as peace. You can either kill somebody for food, or work together in group mentality. If you want to survive and accomplish goals either philosophy works, it just depends on which route you want to evolve towards. It's all about choosing consciously what principle you want to evolve by. Don't blame DNA cuz you punched your neighbor and called it natural. Maybe we killed each other constantly until 2 humans realized they could work together to be something greater than the individual. Or maybe we worked together until one realized that he could easily steal from the greater. It's all about conscious choice.

Lack of oil doesn't mean globalization can't happen. Globalization just means that we are all connected, culturally, economically, whatever. You don't need oil to talk and trade with your neighbors. What you guys fear is central government/power leading globalization, instead of individual people or settlements (Look at ancient Greek Polis). It takes a lot of resources to maintain a global empire, but billions of people could run it much more efficiently.

Many of you guys link globalization with this giant fascist-like copororate takeover, which wipes out individuality and makes you a slave to the system. That doesn't have to be true.

If my neighbor is culturally a superior fisherman, while I am an amazing master mechanist. We make an agreement that I will provide him with the tools of his trade, while he gives me fish in return. With this agreement now I dont have to spend 8 hours a day looking for food, while doesn't have to spend all day at the lake with a wooden rod.

This is globalization at its simplest level. Two people who interconnect their lives in a symbiotic way. All of the world domination stuff COULD happen, but that's just buying into the conspiracy.

Your guys' minds evolve down the path of pessimism/conspiracy, while you haven't even thought of the alternative. You haven't dreamed of the bright future, laid out its foundations, and walked its streets in your minds. But you believe with your souls the living the hell that could be earth. And you wonder why things seem so dark, it's because nobody is being a light.

The thing is, everyone knows that our current world economic systems are not sustainable. They can't sap our wealth (the base of any society) just to try to fight each other and maintain a global empire. Ultimately it will collapse. It is simply the universe balancing itself out, just like an ecosystem. When that day comes, and we have guns and bullets, you must decide. Do you go and shoot a farmer and take his land? Or do you gather your guns and protect each other? This is the conscious evolution that will have to take place, and you will be like a caveman in the wild. You can build a future based on chaos, survival of the fittest, power, control, laws. Or you can build one alongside unity, compromise, compassion, potential, freedom, goodness.

If you do not believe this is how evolution takes place, watch the minds of groups of men who run along these philosophies and watch how their societies grow. Evolution is conscious.

8. Crazy Horse

Crazy Horse Member

I have walked the streets of the future in my mind: they are overgrown and crumbling, trampled by the hooves of wild buffalo. I'm sorry, but I'm tired of arguing about what possible forms globalization could take. My final position is that I will reject ANY sort of order imposed upon the Earth and Cosmos, be it by man or god.

9. Tsurugi_Oni

Tsurugi_Oni Member

All life is order, all of existence is order. Atoms, molecules. Cells, tissues, organs. People, villages, cities. Ecosystems, biosphers, planets, galaxies. You don't see the pattern? You try to resist order, and yet you are a part of it no matter what you do. Maybe not societies order, but you belong to the order of life. Even in death your body still contribute to the Order with your body. Nothing is wrong with order. Sure there can be order that takes away your power, but there is order that empowers you.

Btw I agree with you on that one Crazy Horse. I want to see the White House become a literal animal house. I want skyscrapers to be everlasting pigeon nests. I think nature needs to kick us in the ass so we stop doing it ourselves.

10. notjoetheplumber

notjoetheplumber Member

globalization is an extreme form of slavery, bowing to one common goal controlled by sadists that believe you are a mindless boob and unable to seek a path that leads to enlightenment of the human spirit....as practiced, it is the rich getting hyper rich while 89 percent of the world popullation starves or eecks out a sub standard living.

11. RiverStone

RiverStone Ancient

Buddy. Globalization is just one more step closer to a one-world fascist government and the last thing we need is televangelists barking at us about an antichrist.

12. Elijah

Elijah Member

more wealth, more property going into fewer and fewer hands tells me it's NOT a good thing. am i the only one who remembers the WTO riots in seattle?

13. Elijah

Elijah Member

so i take it this means you also reject multiculturalism too? because that's all it accomplishes, watering down of the preestablished civilization/culture with everyone else's andemphasising how anything and everything foreign is more important than the ways of your elders and ancestors. multiculturalism has pretty much brought amerindian culture and identity to an end and it's giving caucasions of the world the same sort of fate. chanting the mantra of we are all one buys into the concepts of globalization and multiculturalism. they are forcing a one size fits all type logic on to a human population which is very diverse.

it's odd how those who say we are all the same also turn around a minute later to speak of diversity. if different groups of humans make for diveristy? how can we all be the same? bearing this in mind, why would we want more power left into fewer hands?

14. tculi

tculi Senior Member

the globalization that is occurring right now is not and will never lead to peace and love. The unification and cooperative existence of people and not the uprising of multinational corporations can create peace and love. the latter will only benefit the few rich elite who are controlling this corporate takeover. With multinational defense/war contractors and big banks that profit from wars, how can we ever expect peace and love?

15. Wuji

Wuji Member

I hope it will be something like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4WXEO3Dmhc&feature=PlayList&p=A1F817CD0AC300A2&playnext_from=PL&index=5"]YouTube- 2057: Future of Civilization

16. The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being PAIN IN ASS Lifetime Supporter

Globalization is a hack. Peace is just an ideal, humans and are too stupid to play equals.

17. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

Globalization WILL happen and has been happening since the first trade route.

You are all posting on globalization's biggest friend since the aeroplane.

18. Wuji

Wuji Member

Too right Duck.

19. zen_mistress

zen_mistress Member

I dont know if globalisation needs to happen. but it will likely happen because people are too complacent. People give corporations too much power and wealthy countries send manufacturing overseas so that when an economic crisis happens, all the jobs are elsewhere and nooone has any jobs... companies get big and fat and engorged with the money of many until they lose any ethics and morals they might once have had at the beginning.

None of this has anything to do with countries coming together and learning about each other's cultures.. the world becoming a smaller, more united place... in fact this is the desirable thing people would like to see happen with a world, and globalisation threatens this, it doesnt help it.

20. rygoody

rygoody Senior Member

We already are globalized, you just have to remember back to when we didn't consider ourselves seperate.