Should I try to get high?

Discussion in 'Opiates' started by weallhumalong, Jan 25, 2009.

1. sam&ella

sam&ella Member

perspective?

it's like railing an OC80, a couple bars and finishing off a six pack, then swallowing a Norco and wondering why ya didn't get off on the 10 mg hydrocodone?

2. TooCrisp

TooCrisp Member

im confused. why did you keep shooting up knowing you took the sub? not only are you wasting your shit but your also putting yourself at risk for an od. its not like you were going through withdrawal b/c you were on the sub so you were all set. so why didnt you just wait? i can understand wanting to get high, but wanting to get high so bad that you became delusional in thinking it might work? i dont get it. im not a sub expert but i thought they made it pretty clear u need 72 hours

3. weallhumalong

weallhumalong Member

nah you dont need 72 hours. turned out the dope was bad, i probably wouldve got high the first time. yeah it was a little desperate that i kept trying to get high but each time i figured that enough time had passed that i would finally get high.

4. does2

does2 Member

That's called justification.

5. weallhumalong

weallhumalong Member

well yeah, its not like i don't know what im doing, though im sure some of you would think contrary to that. i understand it was a stupid decision and that i wasted a bunch of money...not quite sure what else you guys want from me

6. Feelings Of U4ia

Feelings Of U4ia Senior Member

I thought you said over and over that you KNEW this dope was good, because you have had it before? Either way, you are justifying it, because even if it was crap dope, you still would have felt something. Next time wait 72 hours, you will thank me.

Also, if you would have waited like I told you, you at least would have gotten a better buzz, regardless of the shitty dope...so you would have gotten more of your money's worth. Why did you take Subs in the first place, I forgot the reason.

7. does2

does2 Member

Nobody wants anything from you.

8. weallhumalong

weallhumalong Member

word. well i've been on and off subs for awhile now, since i was doin dope everyday awhile ago. i havent been clean for a long enough period to actually get off the sub cause i kept taking breaks and getting high.. sucks i came across some dope today and now i gotta wait it out til i can do some...i hate having it and not being able to do it

9. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

^^in the end if shows you got some resistance.. sitting there with a bag of brown.. and not doing it

10. weallhumalong

weallhumalong Member

it does but man is it hard

11. Slingblade

Slingblade Member

Sub is a partial opioid agonist, what it does is bind to your receptors enough to not withdraw, but not to get high. You think you feel normal, but in reality you are still on an opiate and still pin eyed. The not getting high part is the reason its acclaimed to be a miracle drug for quitting.

For you to get subs off your receptors, you either A: have to wait a few days, because suboxone has a LONG ASS halflife up to 72 hours (meaning half of it is still in your system), or do enough of a full opioid agonist such as heroin, oxy, etc, to 'boot' it off your receptors. This can and has resulted in OD many times.

To answer your question, like many have already, no you should not try to get high after taking suboxone recently. It is going to either be a waste or you will possibly do too much and have a very bad night.

12. Feelings Of U4ia

Subs aren't as easy to "boot off" as Methadone, that should be noted.

13. Slingblade

Slingblade Member

Isnt that because methadone is a full agonist, it just has a long half life? You can get high while on methadone, but it takes more because you have a tolerance because of the methadone. Subs are filling your receptors in a different yet similar way. At least thats always been my understanding.

14. Feelings Of U4ia

15. cwick

cwick Members

bro just wait for the sub to leave ur system...as others have said, its just gonna be a waste, and potentially dangerous to od.....

i know its easier said then done (believe me - i KNOW!)....but force yourself to wait buddy... ;)