Delsym DXM Trip

Discussion in 'Pharmaceuticals' started by IllCanabillyVanilly, Jan 10, 2009.

1. IllCanabillyVanilly

IllCanabillyVanilly Senior Member

I did this a few days ago and its obviously worn off by now but i figured id post it.

I had gotten a 3 oz bottle of Delsym grape flavored cough syrup. The whole bottle I believe had 500 some mgs of DXM in it. I had heard mixed reviews about Delsym (some people say they feel nothing, others say its too strong.). Well I proceeded to take a sip, expecting a nasty cough syrup taste, but was met with a pleasant grape soft drink flavor. Possibly the best tasting cough syrup ive done. In fact, if it wasnt medicine, id drink it like a regular beverage. I dont really get how cough syrups like robitussin or vicks have to taste like ass while Delsym is pure DXM too and tastes so great.

When the DXM finally hit, I felt like I was 800-900 mgs rather than 500 something mgs. It definitely was powerful, but the kind of powerful i enjoyed. I had intense euphoria for waht seemed like the rest of the day and music sounded more enjoyable. I would definitely recomend Delsym to fellow DXM trippers. It may take a while to come on, but it tastes great and imho, better than chugging nasty robitussin or swallowing pill after pill. I understand they have orange flavored Delsym too, but right now i enjoy the grape flavor.

Anyone else have any experience with Delsym? Whether it be a pleasant one or unpleasant?

2. ahimsa

ahimsa Senior Member

Delsym is the only cough syrup I buy for coughs. It really is the best tasting. I think the orange is better FWIW.

Anyway, never used it recreationally. My understanding is that its extended release, so I thought that made it inappropriate for robo-tripping. Not that I robo-trip, either. Not knocking it, just not interested.

Cheers

3. MrDot

MrDot Senior Member

Uh, considering I have court within 30 days I'm unable to use any drugs in fear of a piss test. So I went out and got I think a 3oz bottle of deslym, it's like cherry flavor or something, haven't used it yet but when I do (which might be tonight) then I'll leave a trip report. I hear deslym tastes reallllly good, robitussin tastes horrible most of the time expecially with gaulisan! (er however you spell it.) Is that all you got, a simple europhoria? To me, 500mgs is a 3rd or 4th plataue, can't take much more because I'm so small, I only weigh around 120lbs so I take size into careful consideration. Last time I did like 400mgs I was getting alot of visuals, walls changed colors alot! fucking wierd, went from like red to green to orange to red to purple etc etc. First time doing 500mg, hopefully it's a crazy ass out of this world trip!

4. MrDot

MrDot Senior Member

is it really extended release? I'll have to check the bottle again, if that's the case I'll just use a DXM extraction to get pure dxm out of it, but there are no other active ingrediants other than DXM, well maybe the polisterex or whatever does that?

5. IllCanabillyVanilly

Its extended release but it should still work. It will just take a little longer to come on than with other cough syrups. I still enjoy it.

Also, I read that Delsym tastes similar to the prescription cough syrup Tussionex. Can anyone confirm this as I dont have a way to get Tussionex.

6. Severely stoned

Severely stoned Senior Member

I drank 2 extended release 3 oz for newyears.... as far as I remember with a good amount of weed that was a good night.

7. MrDot

MrDot Senior Member

Holy hell, that's like 1000mgs of DXM, I bet it was a good night. =o

8. Feelings Of U4ia

Feelings Of U4ia Senior Member

Yeah it's extended release....that is why most people don't enjoy it. It takes a long time to come on, and even then, it doesn't release all at once, it releases slowly over the course of 12 hours (or however long it is, forgot the duration of the time-release.)

So that means you are getting like 50-75mg an hour or so, instead of the entire amount all at once. It's because of this that nobody cares for it. I think I remember a thread on how to do an extraction on Deslym syrup to get a powder that you can capsule up and eat. That sounds MUCH better to me then drinking syrup.

I still stick by my thoughts on DXM. Order the PURE DXM POWDER! It's legal, it's VERY CHEAP, and it makes taking DXM that much easier. No cough syrup, no 200 pills to swallow, just capsule up some 500mg caps, and blast off.

9. i0-techno

i0-techno The Magnificent Dope

Lil late, but all it takes to make the delsym kick in faster is the Gatorade, I shit you not, the antioxidants or some shit breaks the pollisterix, which is the extended release. SO an extraction wouldn't speed up the time of take off, just sip on some gatorade. Careful tripping loved ones.

10. IDL

IDL Banned

Let's just skip my delsym trip and better educate you on some of the differences I've found between Robotussin and Delsym.

1.) Delsym tasted better.
    2.) Delsym took longer to hit me, but gave me a longer and tripier experience than tussin.
    3.) I got a cleaner trip with Delsym, didn't puke or had diahrrea(sp?)while on it, unlike Robotussin.
    Crappy things I've found about Delsym.
    1.) Made me feel a bit mentally slow for a few days after the experience
    2.) Woke up hung over.

All in all, great tripping.

11. moomooman

moomooman Member

its the electrolytes in gatorade that speeds up the polistirex. its an ion exchange resin, and since electrolytes are ions they speed up the process by making more ions available for exchange. ive found that with delsym it can be a hit or miss experience. sometimes its really intense and kicks in good. the time release makes it feel like theres more than just 4 plataeus sometimes. but some times with what you'd think would be a good amount it will be bogus. thats why if i want a guaranteed good trip i stack some hydroromide on top of the polistirex does. a big bottle delsym and a bottle of gelcaps is fantastic. or two small ones and a bottle gelcaps for that extra boost. you can get the same effect by stacking just hydrobromide doses too though. drinking milk with it always seem to make my stomach feel good about it. i dont know. i try to do dxm a lot less now though. but i used to be ll about that delsym. the extraction is bullcrap, dont do it.

12. pbjube3

pbjube3 Cock Blaster

if you cant order stuff online just buy ZICAM Cough Max Cough Spray it has 600 mg in a tiny shot
    thats pretty pure to me!

13. kendall-thats me

kendall-thats me Guest

i had drank a 3oz bottle of deslym and i have very strong affect. i was tripping for about 2 days straight. i tried going to work, and they sent me home. my eyes were huge the whole time, and i was more honest than i usually am. I am 5'2 and only weight 100 pounds, so this might be the reason for such a strong reaction. it was fun.

14. Jambi

Jambi Member

I had a pleasant time on around 200some mg's and a hit of acid at MSTRKRFT. I did the water extraction to remove the poliurex or however you spell it and also put it in an acidic beverage like gatorade.

I'll be trying this with a whole large bottle soon i think.

15. Tommy Diesel

Tommy Diesel Visitor

Ill Bill spits out the sickest shit along with his brother

16. SweetEmotion

SweetEmotion Member

if it's my first time should i still drink the whole thing?

17. .Eli

.Eli Member

Id drink it all. i only did dxm for a little and eventually started doing 1000mg+

18. Jpflex66

Jpflex66 Banned

God u r losers with that dxm shit

19. IllCanabillyVanilly

God u r a fucking faggot with that concerning yourself with what drugs other people do shit

20. Jpflex66

Jpflex66 Banned

No just dxm cause u don't realize ur overdosing everytime