Do you still smoke?

Discussion in 'Old Hippies' started by OldTroll, Dec 28, 2008.

1. lynnzy

lynnzy Member

I'm not totally sure how old you have to be to be an 'old hippie'... I think I'm missing the mark by a NANO though since I'm 47 years old. I was only a little kid in the 60's so I'm more of a 70's generation person and part of the very early 80's was my youth soo........ As for smoking? I never stopped. I never did at all since about 1974 or 75, something like that. That said, I did not turn to other drugs at all. I never used cocaine, or heroin or some hallucingens or anything like that and I don't even drink alcohol except for a glass of wine a few times a year. I did not find this to be a gate way drug or whatever at all. If anything it kept me from doing something worse I think. Because of that, my kids had a rule that they couldn't smoke weed 'till they were at least 15, and couldn't go out and buy it on the streets. They had to get it from us (parents). Now the girls are grown, they have no drug problems and one of them has an awsome career in television, and the youngest is a manager at a restaurant. I think allowing them to smoke weed with restraints really worked. They never had to bow to peer pressure about other drugs because they were automatically 'cool' cause of the weed. So yeah, contrary to what you hear, letting your teens smoke weed will probably save them from becoming an alcoholic or some heroin addict. THAT SAID.. if someone is an addict, then I'm not bashing you... I understand that shit happens, and people become addicted for whatever reason to alcohol and what not..

2. olhippie54

olhippie54 Touch Of Grey Lifetime Supporter

I'm not saying that pot was the problem and that it made me an addict. What I am saying is that now being an addict it has to be all or none. I'm also not saying that anyone who drinks or drugs will become addicted. Most probably don't and I commend them. I wasn't so lucky.

3. wheatchick

wheatchick Member

Still going strong!:D

4. White_Horse_Mescalito

White_Horse_Mescalito ""

I have a good idea of what you're saying. I think I know what you mean, if you partake of the green then what's next.... right

Hang in the there.

5. olhippie54

olhippie54 Touch Of Grey Lifetime Supporter

Exactly.

6. junglejack

junglejack aiko aiko

Me either-!
    -developed a dope habit soon after I returned from S.E Asia and have now been on methadone maintenance for many, many years. Not a excuse, just that's the way it worked out.
    Fortunately I been able to work, raise a son (without his mother) and lead a productive life with the help of this drug therapy. Regaining the trust I lost from family and friends means more to me than anything- especially as I get older, and there all of a sudden there aren't so many family and friends around anymore

love&light
    JJack :)

7. smokeybear2

smokeybear2 Member

dont smash me for being to young but as far as this pot and addiction thing goes, i was addicted to dope/heroin for 2 years and wouldnt be clean for 6 months if it wasnt for weed, thats all i do now, and its my medicine ive got half a year off dope because of it. its healing, digg it.

8. mildlygray

mildlygray Member

36 of 48 years I've smoked herb No regrets and good memories. Dido to everything Lynnzy said I learned right away to stay away from all stupid drugs and have ...except for bouts with booze thank god I won and learned discipline, control and limits. To which is a constant learning experience. My exception is always fungi with the brothers of Tea Time as long some brew tea in the woods in their honor. today weed is much better so I smoke much less and stay more stoned Yeah
    Live in the Light Close your eyes and enjoy Open them and learn
    Peace all

9. dormouse

dormouse Member

if i were still smoking pot i'd sure not announce my illegal activity on a public message board, especially one that is obviously designed to attract "hippies". i mean ... if the government decided to go all out in persecuting pot smokers it wouldn't be difficult to track down a physical address via ones IP.

just a paranoid thought.

10. hippiestead

hippiestead Ms.Cinnamon

Gee, dormouse, it would take the government a very long time to track all the people who admit to pot smoking on the net, especially since there are whole forums and groups dedicated to the 'dreaded' weed.

On the all or none theory, I think it all depends on the person. Some people give up alcohol and keep smoking pot and their lives are perfectly managable, others need to give up both. Then there is the whole factor of what all is addictive & what harm those addictions can do; tobacco is addictive, so is sugar; a diabetic can't ingest sugar without it causing harm but a non-diabetic can, while everyone who ingests tobacco is going to harm their body in one form or another.

11. dormouse

dormouse Member

oh i agree. there's safty in numbers. in amongst a large herd an individual antelope is less likely to be brought down by a cheetah than an individual antelope standing on the veld alone and looking singularly yummy. i did say it was just a paranoid thought.

12. hippiestead

hippiestead Ms.Cinnamon

yup...maybe you should put that ummm, cigarette down ;)

13. mildlygray

mildlygray Member

I started speaking truthfully about smoking several years ago much easier not to be paranoid I think. I have spoke out to many,many. I am very careful bout caring pipes or where I'll smoke. My daughter was ticketed on a near by river smoking a bowl with friends while picking up trash off the bank.

14. hippiechick03

hippiechick03 Guest

No I don't smoke it anymore, but I don't have a thing against it. Every minute of the day in this country, someone is getting injured or killed by a drunk driver. Have you ever heard of someone getting killed because the driver was smoking a joint? Or because he was high on weed? I'd rather see pot legal than alcohol!

15. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Here in Massachusetts, marijuana is now decriminalized for amounts of one ounce or less.

I smoked for the first time on May 1, 1971 and I've never stopped. My health is excellent, by the way, and I am a successful professional. I know lawyers, doctors, and software engineers who smoke. I hope someday that all drugs will be legalized. I don't think the government has the right to tell anyone what they can take into their own body.

16. mildlygray

mildlygray Member

:cheers2: Me too round bout 73 . I've quit for job for 2yrs once and it didn't make a better straight man. I happy enough with what I've done as a pot smoker. I would still be in the wants of what I don't have, if I never smoked. It wouldn't be an issue if pot hadn't been demonized so long and far from truth. I do enjoy the Kind that we get to smoke these days...emm good. I can and often stop smoking for lots reasons not a problem for me. I watch more and closer how much beer or hard liquor,... much much much more dangerous, than any amount of pot, smoked per any moment or length years. :sifone:. peace

17. reefer118

reefer118 Member

paranoid is an understatement man. nobody has ever been tracked down solely from stating they use drugs on the internet. there is no physical proof. i smoke crack... no wait im lying.

you old people with your evils of the internet shit. haha.

18. mildlygray

mildlygray Member

I may be old, but definitely not paranoid bout smoking this bowl while online..hahaha.... Hang on as I pack up kindness..,ahhhyea :sifone:

19. reefer118

reefer118 Member

good to hear dude!! keep tokin' haha

on a side note, i love smoking with old people. well not all old people. ive smoked with some crackhead fuckups before that were just obnoxious. but its always nice to smoke with a well adjusted old person. someone who has done something with their life and is happy with where they are at. it gives me a more positive outlook on my future. and they always have great stories to tell so thats a plus too. :cheers2:

20. jnorton47

jnorton47 Cosmic Traveler

I still smoke. I don't like to get too high. But, if I got 'em I smoke 'em. I will continue as long as I breathe. [​IMG]