Kratom from iamshaman

Discussion in 'Exotic Psychedelic Plants' started by Mr.Writer, Dec 27, 2008.

1. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

Those who have done it, which is better: Whole Leaf Korth Kratom (Red Vein) or Private Reserve Kratom Leaf?

Or do you recommend extracts to whole leaf?

edit: ok "popular lore" suggests the red vein is a stronger variety of kratom. i think i'll grab this.

2. PeaceAndRasta

PeaceAndRasta Senior Member

definitely reed vein. soak in water and drink & eat. or eat it, or hold it in your mouth and swallow
    im lookin forward on getting a live plant and growing it :p
    i heard it gives u totally better and different highs ;)

3. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

It arrived yesterday :)

It looks BEAUTIFUL. The leaves are simply gorgeous! They are regular green "leafy" leaves like off any old tree, yet they are just a pleasure to look at. Perhaps on some level the plant calls out to be consumed and I am feeling that tug.

Googling preparations produced many different and sometimes conflicting reports, all methods of which had their share of glowing experience reports and failure reports. Therefore I will arbitrarily prepare it this way:

5g crushed dry leaves boiled in water for 15 minutes then drank. I wonder if I should filter out the leaves from the final solution or keep them in and ingest them? I will probably ingest them.

I'm starting with 5g because I've read reports of people having terrible reactions even at this low dose. If I take it well I will bump up to 10g next time.

4. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

I recommend a better vendor.
    PM me Writer, I gurantee you will be much happier.

5. neodude1212

neodude1212 Senior Member

kratom secretzzzz!1!!1

6. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

LOL :D <3 will post later on results

7. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

Crushed leaves (5g) were added to boiling water, which almost instantly darkened. Low boil for 15 minutes. Filtered out leaves, added 1tsp honey. Consumed in 15 minutes. Not even close to being as bad as people say; it tastes like tea made from grass, only the slight bitter tang of clorophyl to mask.

10 minutes later could feel the most amazing thing; it felt like i had just drank a codeine extraction or something. Definite opiate buzz. I shoveled snow for 20 minutes, which was fun (normally isn't) and easy (normally isn't). Then I ran over to the video store and rented some movies. Lots of energy! Body high feels like 60mg codeine (sorry I can't put it in other opiate terms I haven't done anything but codeine for years).

There was slight stomach activity, some burping, and a general sense of "take it easy" from my body . . . I can definetely see nausea being a huge problem at high doses.

Very pleased overall. This is probably the best legal entheogen I've tried. Next on the menu (for tomorrow) is this + marijuana, and then I'll try 8g the day after.

8. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

You can already see, Im sure, that it is much more stimulating than most opiates, which is a plus in my opinion.
    Wait until you try the F.S. liquid, man your in for a suprise :tongue:

9. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

Yes! Instead of wanting to just melt into my bed I want to go out and walk, even though it's the same opiate high. Quite novel.

I also forgot to mention that it made me sweat nicely, which is always welcome and healthy. It is now T+ 60mins and I am also noticing difficulty concentrating and giddiness.

10. tomorrow42

tomorrow42 Guest

can you post a better vendor? cause iamshaman is the only place I've gotten kratom from. I'd like to try someplace new.

11. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

No, because even though this is a legal substance, it wont be for long.
    Use the sites that advertise openly, the ones who dont, do so for a reason.

12. DroneLore

DroneLore h8rs gon h8, I stay based

I will try regular ol' Kratom leaf next time I buy it. I have 2gs of the 20x left, that I'm saving to combine with some bud. I'm surprised you got such good effect with only 5g! I'm not sure what 60mg codeine is like, I've never tried it, but my experience with the extract wasn't as strong as 30mg oxycodone.

13. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

60mg codeine is very weak. For legitimate pain relief people take 30-90mg at a time, so I'm talking very threshhold opiate high (even threshhold is lovely though :D)

This first kratom dose was small because it was my first time ever, always good to do one control dose to rule out hypersensitivity, especially with bulk plant matter.

14. TheKitch

TheKitch Member

For those of you who have tried the red-vine and premium leaf from IAS, which one would you recommend? The only experience I have with kratom from there is the premium. It is pretty good although it seems some batches are better than others. I'm curious about the red vine now.....

15. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

8g today, same method.

Much more bitter drink, even with 1tsp honey and 1tsp sugar was a bit nasty to drink but doable.

Strong relaxation, pupil constriction, photosensitivity, sedation, and euphoria. Think opiates minus the itch; it's quite good. This may also be due to dosage, but I found the effects were more mental than physical.

That is, with opiates, I get a powerful orgasm-like feeling in my whole body, in every nook and cranny and my toes feel like they are coming. With this it was more like that high went to my mind and I was just in bliss for 4 hours.

16. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

10g, same method, plus 1 bowl of marijuana.

feels exactly like opiates + weed does to me, which is the weed has less of an effect on thoughts, it almost keeps you sober in a way, while making you veeeeeeeeeery relaxed at the same time. Super chill, but less head high. I was also very clumsy, walking into things, stumbling, dropping shit, I lost one of my gloves on a walk (how do you lose a glove?)

just like opiates, i prefer kratom sans marijuana

17. killswitchjd

killswitchjd Senior Member

I prefer everything sans weed :)

18. DroneLore

DroneLore h8rs gon h8, I stay based

the tincture is definitely the shit. I still don't get the total body high and mind bliss of pharmaceutical opiates, but if I'm going to go out 14 - 18 drops gets me in a state of mind where I'm just content and socializing is a lot easier. the strongest impact i ever got from kratom was my first dose, 4 gs of the 20x. but i'm sure i've developed a tolerance since then since i've been a tad bit irresponsible with the tincture :D

19. TheKitch

TheKitch Member

I gotta say I'm kinda disappointed with the red vine. Just got some and made a tea with a little over 10 grams. Lightly boiled for 15 min and then drank. Effects were very minimal for me and tapered off quickly.

Over the summer I bought the premium leaf from IAS a couple of times and was very pleased. Since then, I bought some more in the middle of fall and it was shitty. The effects were weak compared to the summer. The batch didn't even really look the same. Now I decided to give red vein a try and once again was disappointed.

Does potency vary by season? I cannot achieve the same effects that I was getting early summer. I don't get how some of you are raving about it when I'm getting it from the same vendor as you...

20. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

don't just boil it like tea, the best way to do it is stand over it and stir it in the pot as its boiling, pressing gently on the leaves to ease the alkaloids out.

it requires a little more attention

and doing that for 30 minutes is ideal