Are we still drinking the Obama koolaid?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Pressed_Rat, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

One of the reasons I left the forums for a while is because I was getting sick of all the Obamabots and their koolaid drinking. Well, it turns out everything I said has turned out to be correct, at least so far. Obama's cabinet is dominated by CFR members, warmongers and Bushites.

Gates, KKKlinton, Rahm Emanuel... need I go on??

When are people going to learn that the unelected elite at the top run the show, call the shots, and give you your puppets to vote for at election time?

What is it going to take to wake some of you people up from your slumber?

Aside from all the bullshit, pre-election rhetoric about "change," how is Obama the Clown any different from Bozo (Bush) the Clown??

2. wetspot

wetspot Banned

BUT HE IS CHANGE.
    Not change in politics
    but change in skin colour
    This is all the justification the masses need.

3. Pressed_Rat

Oh, so a change in illusion? I see.

4. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

didn't you watch south park?

they are out to steal a diamond from the Smithsonian

5. Beckner420

Beckner420 troll

Pressed Rat im drinking the same non-coolaid beverage you are.

I got a fistfull of dynamite...

6. gardener

gardener Realistic Humanist

One of the differences is he can speak in complete sentences. And I don't consider a constitutional law professor a clown.

7. Pressed_Rat

Actually, I have heard few instances in which he is not reading from a script where he can speak without saying "uhhh" after every two or three words. The fact is that Obama is not a great speaker, but he utilizes NLP to his advantage to convince his audience that he is speaking to them. Yes, he is a better speaker than Bush (who isn't?), I will give him that... but he is certainly no JFK.

Sure, he might be a "constitutional law professor", yet that isn't saying much as he appears to know very little about what is constitutional and unconstitutional. That probably explains why he supports warrantless wiretapping, just like his buddy Bush.

The neocons are openly smitten with Obama and his cabinet appointees. That should say something right there. Heck, he is even keeping one of them on as his own Secretary of Defense. Yet there are many of you who will continue to lick his balls because he has a 'D' next to his name.

8. gardener

Would you have had us vote for McCain/Palin?

9. Pressed_Rat

No, because it would have been the same exact thing had McCain/Palin been elected. These people are puppets. They decide nothing.

The thing is, John McCain and Sarah Palin are complete jokes and utter laughing stocks. They had ZERO credibility and stood no chance, whatsoever, of being elected. That's why they selected McCain as Obama's opponent, because they knew he could never beat Obama. This was by design because Obama was the pre-determined winner from the very start. From the start he had the unwavering support of the corporate, CFR-controlled media. He received the most money from the very same corporate criminals that contributed to the very economic fiasco we're in right now. Obama is nothing more than a lackey of his Lehman Bros./CFR handlers. If you cannot see this, you belong in the pen with the rest of the mind-numbed American sheep.

10. gardener

Does CFR list Obama as a member, does he profess to being a member? I can't find any verification of that Rat.

11. Pressed_Rat

When Obama was asked about his membership with the CFR, he claimed to not be a "card carrying member". Whatever that means. However, we know for a fact he has spoken at the CFR and that his wife, Michelle, is indeed a "card carrying member."

Here was Obama's response to a question about his belonging to the CFR. He was also asked by the same person about the NAU, whch he claimed to be a myth born on the internet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag_GjVZmIIE

Frankly, it does not matter if Obama himself is a CFR member or not, as everyone he surrounds himself with is. It's these people who ultimately wield the real power at that level. Like I said before, Obama (like Bush and all the others before him) is simply a figurehead. Bush isn't a CFR member, either, however everyone in his cabinet is.

12. def zeppelin

def zeppelin All connected

13. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

i must say its so nice to have our boy rat home for the holidays...;)

14. Arlandis

Arlandis Visitor

We don't get Kool-Aid in NZ, I know its a drink, but can someone please explain to me why everyone always mentions it?

15. hannahannahannah

hannahannahannah What's a Palindrome?

*lol* My sentiments as well, but more well put (that does NOT sound like good English, as I repeat it back to myself). Unless your wink is sarcastic, in which case I don't agree. :p

I'm glad he showed up. Makes for interesting threads. It's been so dry for so long in here. And while I'm no good a debate shit, I love to read it.

16. def zeppelin

def zeppelin All connected

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kool-Aid#.22Drinking_the_Kool-Aid.22

The term is derived from the 1978 cult suicide in Jonestown, Guyana. Jim Jones, the leader of the Peoples Temple, persuaded his followers to move to Jonestown. Late in the year he ordered his followers to commit suicide by drinking grape-flavored Flavor Aid laced with potassium cyanide.

The saying "Do not drink the Kool-Aid" now commonly refers to the Jonestown tragedy, meaning "Do not trust any group you find to be a little on the kooky side," or "Whatever they tell you, do not believe it too strongly."

17. hannahannahannah

Kool-Aid is a condensed fruit flavored powder you buy in a packet for about 25 cents (I've not had it since about 1966 so don't really know the current price, but it's cheap shit). You add a cup of sugar and 2 qts of water and VOILA! Kool-Aid. Think of Kool-Aid like a placebo. It has no substance.

The metaphore here is the media is feeding you crap. Here in America anyone with who considers a healthy diet to aid in clear mental function and a healthy body would never drink Kool-Aid. Hence, if you drink the media's Kool-Aid, your sucking up empty promises, propaganda, etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kool_Aid

18. hannahannahannah

Ahhhhhhh, the Jonestown factor too! I'd spaced that one out. Good catch.

19. Aristartle

Aristartle Snow Falling on Cedars Lifetime Supporter

What do you think of Obama as a person?

20. Face Eater

Face Eater Banned

Surely obama does not want to make everyone drink poisoned beverages?