Morphine Sulfate LD50??

Discussion in 'Opiates' started by patHAOomg, Dec 17, 2008.

1. patHAOomg

patHAOomg Member

Does anyone know how much morphine sulfate it takes to cause an overdose? I would really appreciate an intelligent answer. thanks!! :cheers2:

2. china_white

china_white Banned

just quick question, or a clarification of your question so I can give you your intelligent answer, first is this with or without a tollerance, second how would the morphine be taken, and 3rd do you just want to know the overdose amount, or the amount that kills 50% of those who take it (LD50)?

3. patHAOomg

patHAOomg Member

well, i do have an opiate tolerance. i mean my tolerance is in no way what you would call "massive" or anything. it's actually rather small. for instance, if i haven't taken any opiates in a month, i need a at least 18mg of oxycodone to feel anything at all. some people wouldn't even call that a tolerance, but it is to me. i used to be able to take like 5mg of oxy and feel great! but i've never done morphine until today and i've already done like 45mg since 8pm. i feel ok i just want to feel it more, but i am worried about the possibility of an od. that's why i asked the question above. i just really want to know what the overdose amount for an opiate user like myself would be. i have been insufflating it, as opposed to taking it orally. don't ask me why, i just figured it might be a better route to getting me more fucked up than eating it because of the terrible oral bio-availability that morphine sulfate has. thanks for the help!!

4. Euphorial

Euphorial Member

I found this site that says about 120mg is the lethal dose, but I did not take time to see what route of administration they were talking about. Read it yourself and I'm sure you'll find some answers. From what I've read there and on Bluelight you should be okay with 45-60mg.

"You'll be fine with 60mg orally. I dunno if you'll even feel it. If they are time released, I highly doubt you'd feel much." - Vicodelicious

I'd still recommend reading into more accounts/sources just to feel safe and comfortable.

Good luck :cheers2: (btw DAMN 5mg oxy got you high???)

5. Feelings Of U4ia

Feelings Of U4ia Senior Member

120mg for LD50? They make 100mg pills dude.

With opiates, it's close to impossible to pinpoint a LD50, because of all the factors you have to take in. Dose, Tolerance, ROA, etc. Everybody reacts differently to opiates as well.

6. patHAOomg

patHAOomg Member

Yeah, I knew that the 120mg LD50 thing was completely inaccurate. Thanks for all the info, tho! I have found that 45mg is enough to get me right where I need to be for the time being :) I'm sure this will rise with tolerance, as all opiates dosages do, but for now, 45mg is great! 60mg would probably be a little too much and make me puke. I'll try 60mg in a week or two and see how that goes.

and yes, 5mg oxy got me high! lol

man, those were the days.... I miss em like hell :(