My seeds won't sprout!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Growing' started by Gripp, Dec 12, 2008.

1. Gripp

Gripp Member

Hello.

A little less than a week ago, I began the incubation process on my seeds. After two days I took them out of the wet napkins to look at the sprouts. No sprouts...

So decided to do it the old fashioned way and just plant them. Still nothing, does anyone have any tips?

Thx!

-Charlie:toetap05:

2. Gratefully Dead

Gratefully Dead Member

I think sometimes it might take more than two days for them to germinate.

Im pretty sure you just put the seeds in between wet paper towels in a dark place for a few days. Try more than two.

This should yeild much more probability than just planting them, although i suppose it is possible for just planting them to work since thats how it works in nature id imagine.

3. Gripp

Gripp Member

Well in my book "Steal This Book", Abbie says that you should have half inch sprouts in about 3 days!! I wasn't expecting this, but I at least was expecting the seed to be busted open and the sprout starting to come through. But the seeds looked exactly as they did before I started germinating them..

I think it may be the temperature possibly. Seeds know what time of the season it is if you don't manipulate the temperature. Outside there is snow and it is pretty chilly all day in my room. At night it always stays above freezing, but it can get pretty cold. I think the seeds know, and don't want to sprout until spring.

4. deleted

deleted Visitor

just planting them indoors, under 2inches of soil??
    Can take up to a week to sprout..

5. Gripp

Gripp Member

i didnt plant them under 2 inches. i just poked some holes about half an inch deep maybe, then lay the seeds in them, and then just put the slightest bit of dirt over them (you can still barely see the seeds if u look hard without any digging)

6. deleted

deleted Visitor

the only way (I) know how to sprout a seed in dirt in less than a week is to expose the soil to UV<black light for 24hrs til sprouts.. 3days tops...
    1.5''-2'' makes no real significant difference...
    low soil temperature will hinder sprouts aswell..

7. Rocklobster

Rocklobster Senior Member

Where did ya get ya seeds from? From seed to sprouting plants i can normally do it in 4-5 days by germinating between damp kitchen paper till seeds split open and then plant. The main factor is temperature, 75 degree's and a light misting twice a day.

8. Gripp

Gripp Member

I just collected them from different times I have bought bud.

Should I take them out of dirt and try to regerminate and just wait longer?

9. Rocklobster

Not really idea any seeds ya get from bud ya've got alot of factors working against ya, there've ether been pollenated by hemi's or late flowering males or seeds are.nt ripe or been rested.
    Think to late now so would keep in the dirt and increase the temperature to mid 70 if ya can and covering the top of the pots ya've planted in with paper or bubble wrap to help keep in the humidity and temperature and then ya just gotta wait and see.

10. deleted

deleted Visitor

hehe. Should of seen this crooked sprout I had a few weeks ago.. I really thought it wasnt going to make it.. Seed shell tore one the germ leafs completely off, it grew funny one single true leaf. I was going to yank it < but I said pull through little one, and it did..

[​IMG]

"this leaf" was the single leaf, all momma plants eventually..

11. Rocklobster

Hehe nothing wrong with talking to ya plants coz just sometimes they listen. Never had that happen but sometime get it where the seed husk is still attached when it spouts so ya have to carefully remove it. Seeds are amazing little things though all that energy and life packed into such a small shell.

12. deleted

deleted Visitor

yes it is amazing.. See that little thing grow up and become a plant.. Collecting molecules from the medium and growing.. Its just wow, Sometimes..:cheers2:

13. Gripp

Gripp Member

lol succses!!!!!

i come home this morning drunk off my ass to find two of my 3 plants poking out of the soil! ROFL.

i planted one seed of africcan kush, it sprouted.
    i planted one seed of blueberry, nothing yet.
    and i planted one seed of high quality indica mersh. it sprouted.

now i just need the blueberry to pop up and i need to know how to tell tthe difference between female and male.

14. petani

petani Member

Good for u gripp. Its definitely the temperature.

I was always successful in germinating, but recently my seeds wont sprout either, whether in soil or in paper towels... It was rainy for a month here and a little colder than usual. I finally placed my germination kit (disposable tupperware with holes, wet paper towel and seeds) on the tv, and in a day, spouts appeared :)

15. deleted

deleted Visitor

16. Rocklobster

Aww dont they all look just so cute at that age. Nice one gripp Hehe ya gave em all names yets?. Sorry but ya wont be able to sex them till 4-8 weeks and even then some u might not be able to untill they bloom.