Smokable puddy from pods

Discussion in 'Opiates' started by NorCaliGreenFiend, Dec 8, 2008.

1. china_white

china_white Banned

glad its working for you, you should upload pics of the final product and if it works maybe write up a guide with pics so all can see :D

2. Feelings Of U4ia

Feelings Of U4ia Senior Member

You do understand that most pills are stronger then Opium itself because of extractions and such, right?

Oxycodone > Morphine

Just like

Herion > Opium

3. Piink

Piink Member

-didn't really get an answer to any of these questions. Anyone know what the deal is with this putty stuff? If not, no biggie, I'll try and do some more research tomorrow. Just seems like no one knows the technical side to it. I've looked at many threads on many sites with no luck :(

-of course I strain the nasty, disgusting, vomit inducing pod juice. why wouldn't I?:) I was just asking specific questions about the process of making the putty. Specifically, and more directly, whats the difference between the putty and the poppy straw (the grinded up pod powder), besides texture (form)? I always figured that the putty is more potent? I just don't see how this could be possible.

Or is that by making it into putty form you make it smokable? And that's the only purpose of turning it into putty? ah, I think I may have figured it out.:p

If that's the case, then there is no reason to make the putty if you are going to put it in caps, you might as well just do that with the pod powder, right? Sorry for being the retard on this thread, just wanna get in the know, ya know? I know you know I don't know.

4. NorCaliGreenFiend

NorCaliGreenFiend Senior Member

Dude, I made this as clear as possible. Putty is just the tea, but without the water. its more potent than pod mash, because its mostly just the opium, with some residual pod matter. You would NEVER EAT pod matter (mash, straw, whatever) EVER. That would make you sick as fuck all. Ok, one more time, when you soak the mash in water, the water extracts the opiates. when you strain it, the useless shit is discarded. Putty is whats in the water, and is not necessarily smokeable, unless you purify it, which is what this whole thread is about. Are you dense, or are you fucking with me?

5. china_white

china_white Banned

NorCali you did make it very clear, but one thing your off with is eating ground pods, I know some people who just mix their poppy straw into they're breakfast yogurt and they are set for the day.

6. pedaltopedal

pedaltopedal Member

Yea, I've eaten the ground up pods before many times. Its tough to get down unless you put it into caps or mix it with some yogurt or something.

The tea hits you quicker and leaves quicker, while the grounds are absorbed more slowly. It takes awhile for the grounds to build up in intensity, but once they do, the grounds provide for a greater high (in my opinion) then the tea does because with the tea you end up not extracting all the goodies. The grounds will provide a high that last MUCH longer which is great for when you are just trying to keep withdrawals at bay. The tea is better if you want more of a quicker rush like high.

Or you can do both, you can make tea and leave the grounds in there. When you drink it, you consume both the tea and the grounds at the same time. Its gross, but you get the best of both worlds. You get more of an initial quick high from what the tea managed to extract as well as the longer drawn out high from whatever stayed in the grounds.

7. Piink

Piink Member

-Def not fucking with you. Just looking for a more technical answer to my question. That's all:D

once again..
    -I was hoping for a more technical answer to the question listed above (as well as the others from before). Again, it's not a big deal.

NorCaliGreenFiend, you don't have to respond to this, as I seem to have offended you in some way. I apologize for that.
    -So, when you are evaporating, you are not evaporating any alkaloids? And if you are, it's an insignificant amount? So once this process is complete..
    -I'm also a little confused how you end up with this putty like substance. If you start with water and pod mash. Filter out the mash. Then add paraffin. Filter paraffin out. It seems like all you would be left with is liquid. So where is the solid texture coming from? Is it all the alkaloids!?!??! That would be awesome:drool5:

Thanks for the help guys. I appreciate it.

[*edit*]ps I'm really sorry if this is making no sense whatsoever. It's 1:30am, I'm riding on 3 hours of sleep. I had 2 finals today. And have had about 5 hours of sleep in the past 3 night combined. I'm extremely loaded right now and keep nodding out and waking up. I have tried to re-read the pst about 4 times, but I can't get through the first part with out a nod. hope this helps.

8. NorCaliGreenFiend

Yeah, I was just kinda being pissy, pod tea makes me really irritable. But seriously dude, how hard is it to understand that when anything is suspended in water, if you evaporate the water, the solid bits will be left? you cant evaporate alkaloids, because they are solid matter. I mean, you can, but thats why you have to stay under a certain temperature (80 C, i believe) and then its called burning anyways. There is no technical way to say this that would not confuse you more, so I will break it down as much as I can.

Picture opium, its a tarry black substance, find a pic on the internet if you dont know what it looks like. Now picture its dissolved into a pot of of water. that is basically what the tea you drink is, except the tea is extracted differently (doesnt matter how) and tea has more impurities in it. Now picture you evaporate the water from said pot, and what would you imagine is left? Ill let you figure it out. This is what the above process is for, to get smokeable opium from pod tea.

and about the pods, I guess I just assumed you wouldnt want to eat them, because they have a similar consistency to wood, maybe Ill try that one day.

9. Piink

Piink Member

Wow, just went back and read through the thread. It seems I did waaaay too much tea last night, and was far to sleepy to be posting. I apologize. Although, it did give me a good laugh. I was a little "slow", that's all.
    So, you end up removing impurities from the pod matter. Impurities evaporate, while the alkaloids stay. Beautiful.
    So in the end the only difference between raw pod mash and putty, is the putty is more pure. I must try this.
    Thank you for your patience NorCaliGreenFiend. Seems I couldn't have done it without you.. lol.

10. NorCaliGreenFiend

So, my opium is nearing completion. after simmering the water on the stove for a few hours, I took the goo, and put it in front of my heat lamp. the bulk of it is still to wet to smoke, but I scraped up quite a bit of dry flakes, some of which I smoked. It burns much cleaner than my last attempt, and I needed a lot less to get effects. The paraffin wax seems to have worked very well, but I think I needed to have done it a few more times. By the way, does anyone know if using a bong to smoke opium might lessen the effects? I know its water soluble, but a second of being in the water wont affect the potency, right?

11. china_white

china_white Banned

do not use a bong, it actually will absorb a lot of the alkaloids, as well as you dont want to burn opium, you want to vaporize it, the best method then a real opium pipe being a lightbulb vaporizer or chasing the dragon off tinfoil

12. NorCaliGreenFiend

yeah, I know its ideal to vaporize, but its a pain in the ass. I used to have a light bulb vape, but it broke on my carpet. I used my bong with and without water, and it does work a lot better without, but the smoke is a lot harsher.

13. Piink

Piink Member

I used to smoke opium by rolling into a small ball. Sticking on the end of a pin of some sort. Light on fire, then immediately blowing out. The opium would then smoke and continue to smoke until it burned out the entire ball. I would take a straw and suck up the smoke comings off the top of the ball.

NorCaliGreenFiend, Could you compare the effects to something. Maybe like the tea? Or is it different? I guess it should be just like opium (been a couple years since I've done that).

Do you think it's more a more potent way to dose? So you get more for your money if you turn it into opium?

14. NorCaliGreenFiend

there's nothing to compare it to, but if you've smoked real opium, its like a slightly less powerful version. Its subtle and mild compared to tea, but really relaxing. And you definitely get less for your money, because there is some product lost in the process. The only reason to turn tea into opium is to smoke it, and I guess to make eating it easier. If youre addicted, or just trying to get as high as possible for your money, Id stick with tea.

15. china_white

china_white Banned

does it atleast have that heavenly taste and aroma that true opium harvested from live pods and cooked does?

16. Piink

Piink Member

Norcali, I'm going to try this process with the batch I just got in. Wanted to know, were these the exact steps you used?

Can the heat lamp be replaced by anything? I don't currently have one. But I could buy one if need be. Thanks in advance.

17. china_white

china_white Banned

anything that can heat the water enough to slowly evap without boiling will work in place of a heat lamp, you could even leave it on a window sill for a couple of days and let it evap naturally

18. NorCaliGreenFiend

Actually what I did was this:

1. Crush pods as finely as possible, then soak in warm water for 30-45 minutes. Add lemon juice to lower pH, and increase solubility.

2. Filter through cheesecloth into large jar.

3. Repeat process two more times, keeping the last batch for tea.

4. Heat two or three tsp of paraffin wax, and mix thoroughly into (still warm) mixture.

5. Pour liquid through cheesecloth into another jar or bowl, removing wax and fats.

6. repeat 4 and 5 until sufficiently purified. (three or four times)

7. Use a stovetop to slowly evaporate water, being careful not to burn putty.

8. Take off of stovetop when all the water is almost evaporated, then transfer to heat lamp for final drying.

9. Scrape up opium, hopefully pure enough to smoke!

The coffee filters were too fine to filter anything. I suppose you could use an oven instead of a heat lamp, set to like 100 or 150F. But I would start it on the stove, so you can watch it, and make sure it doesnt burn.

19. china_white

china_white Banned

one thing to add to this, with lemon juice it adds its on residue, your best bet is to use sour salts, which are citric acid and available at any grocery store

20. Piink

Piink Member

Thanks, I'll be attempting this tomorrow. I'll post a pic of final product.