Do Nudists Masturbate?

Discussion in 'Nudism, Naturism' started by soccer10, Nov 27, 2008.

1. soccer10

soccer10 Member

Do you, as a nudist, masturbate for pleasure? Or since you were brought up nudist, do you even have the impulse to? If you do masturbate as a true nudist, please let me know how often (if you are comfortable with that)

Just curious and wondering if I should stop masturbating since I want to become a nudist.

2. Therese Aline

Therese Aline Slave to the man

3. HushBull

HushBull Insuperior

No. Never. Actually, they can't.

4. Hala

Hala Member

This is the nudism section. this is not the place to discuss anything sexual. you should have posted your question in the love and sex forum.

5. sarah.rslp

sarah.rslp Member

I understand that nudism isn't a sexual thing, but you have to get to grips with sexual urges when your practice it.

I went to nudist resorts about half a dozen times with an old bf and I stopped when we broke up which is something I've occassionally regretted. What I got from the experience was learning to seperate sexuality from nudity. But it was something I had to learn at times it did have an effect on the way my bf and I had sex and occassionally i took an exhibitionist thrill from it.

Perhaps thats where the original poster is coming from when he asks about masturbation.

6. nextGENERATIONhippie

nextGENERATIONhippie Member

Of course nudists maturbate!! Everyone does, well 80% of men and 70% of women anyway, so not everyone, but mostly.

7. sublimeinal056

sublimeinal056 Member

I think OP is asking, Since nudists seperate other nudists, from naked people (which are commonly the object of masturbation), How do they work it out?

8. sith1

sith1 Member

this guy for real?

I`d never tought of that, so you are either a masturbator or a nudie, cant be both...

mmm, tough decision

9. Naked_Taoist

Naked_Taoist Member

I suppose it one could think that masturbation is all about "picturing naked bodies" in your mind, and then having an orgasm based on those images in your mind.

And, from that vantage point, it would be natural to wonder whether nudists, who (perhaps) see lots of naked bodies every day, still masturbate or not ... because maybe they're so used to seeing naked bodies, that human nakedness doesn't arouse them anymore.

However, I will say that yes, I still masturbate. And I agree with nextGENERATIONhippie -- most people, including nudists, do it!

Beyond simple nudity itself, there is so much more to think about, to imagine, to pretend ... which can be even more exciting.

10. Amontillado

Amontillado Member extraordinaire HipForums Supporter

Maybe the question should have been "If you're a nudist, has nudism affected the fantasies you imagine when you masturbate?" (Assuming that you're in the majority of people who masturbate.)

I think the answer to that might be yes. It could be that for people who aren't used to nudity, just the idea of going around naked with other naked people, especially being able to freely see the others and be seen by them, is very erotic. But if you get used to doing that, it might lose its appeal, and then something else--scanty clothing, maybe--would become a better fantasy. You do hear how at some nudist resorts, they actually put on skimpy underwear (they call it "lingerie") to create a flirtatious atmosphere for dances. But you also hear how lots of other nudists think that's a disgusting idea! It depends what you think is sexy and how much you want to act it out versus just keep it inside your mind.

11. mizanthrope

mizanthrope Member

Is this a joke? Well, I am a nudist who also happens to be a chronic masturbater. Does that answer your question?

12. Son of John

Son of John Banned

Being a nudist does not take the place of masturbation. I would guess that going naked socially does not either increase or decrease one's need to masturbate.

While it is true that going to nudist clubs and beaches is a good chance to look at the naked bodies of women and girls, to use later as fantasy material when one is "getting off", I doubt that the nudist will masturbate any more frequently or with greater enjoyment.

Young men, especially, masturbate daily, no matter what. I don't know about young women since I never was one.

13. Dario Western

Dario Western Member

OK, I'll come clean on this thread. Yes, I do masturbate and have done so since the age of 20. Ironically I became a nudist first before taking up masturbation - a good 18 months beforehand actually. If you think that nudists are all asexual and against sexual expression then you're quite wrong. What they DO take stands against is wanking in inappropriate places such as on a nude beach or in a park or at a nudist club. They have a hard enough time being able to enjoy their lifestyle without condemnation or harassment from other factions of society, and then you get a few idiots who think that nudism is 'anything goes'. Nudists tend to exercise discretion with sexual behaviour, those who don't are exhibitionists.

14. sith1

sith1 Member

wow, you made my day

you are a role model for women, as far as I'm concerned

15. nldn

nldn Senior Member

'What they DO take stands against is wanking in inappropriate places such as on a nude beach or in a park or at a nudist club. They have a hard enough time being able to enjoy their lifestyle without condemnation or harassment from other factions of society, and then you get a few idiots who think that nudism is 'anything goes'.'

Dario- you're right. And the few idiots wonder why there are so few women on many nude beaches.

16. Biggles_Nude!

Biggles_Nude! Hakuna matata.

And a quick hello to this thread too... (not sure what happened to my intro post!?)

No, this isn't a joke.
    You are free to masturbate in your private time, but not in a gathering of other nudists i.e. at a club etc. It is a private activity and must remain such. I speak from experience as a nudist since the 1970s and involvement in resorts, clubs and groups. Now the exception: if you have a close, long-time friend who is also a nudist, he/she may touch/masturbate in bed and this should be seen in context if you are close: you are both naked, good friends and may find each other undeniably attractive sans-clothes. This is the one exception I see as a nudist living the nudist lifestyle, including in the outdoors. My partner and I — both landscape photographers — have been nudists for decades. A nudist household, we are naked most of the time. We sleep naked and camp naked and explore each other. We have great trust. What we don't do is masturbate in groups or at resorts. That sort of behaviour can destroy your reputation as a nudist and your integration into groups.
    Dario's post tells it exactly like it is. :iagree:

17. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc Member

And the rest of them lie. :D

18. Airman4u

Airman4u Member

Nudists are not allowed to masturbate, or have sex. That's why there are so few of them. Golleee, Batman. I hope the OP was not as serious as I aren't..

19. ganesha1967

ganesha1967 barefoot bellybearer

Yep. Agreed... almost the same goes for Catholics... Christ on a bike! What about Catholic nudists???
    Do they have to confess every time they come close to their naked private parts??

:p

wiggling humorous (and nude, of course) toes,

~*Ganesha*~

1 person likes this.