anyone else not watch tv?

Discussion in 'The Media' started by MatchboxAwakening, Nov 18, 2008.

1. Padme

Padme Member

TLC has also changed, now it's more like a circus side show reality show channel with multi-children in families, dwarfs, really obese people and deformities. But I still like PBS and Discovery channel.

2. Wiseman

Wiseman Senior Member

Uh, I rarely watch the T.V.

The only time I'll even glance at one anymore is if The Office is on. But often, I just go to a site like www.hulu.com or something and stream it from there.

We don't have cable though, so there's not really much offered as far as viewing-selection goes anyways.

3. ralyks

ralyks Member

I watch bits and pieces of the news every morning before school, and every evening.

That's about it..

4. cookiecache

cookiecache Member

I used to believe very little of what I saw on television news. Then I worked in news broadcasting for a few years. Now I believe even less.

5. ruby-tuesday

ruby-tuesday Member

i rarely watch it except for the occasional episode of the simpsons or house. spongebob too.

6. HawaiianEye

HawaiianEye Member

Television is like a once beautiful woman that has turned old and grey.Television 'used' to be a wonderful source of entertainment.Back when the US only had 3 networks(ABC,CBS,NBC) and PBS,the BEST tv shows etc. were made.All the wonderful shows made from the 1950s-70s.----NOW(and for the last 15+ years or so) the networks produce nothing but pure rubbish,the 24 hour so-called news stations are junk,and so many other channels not worth a penny.--So to answer the question the ONLY tv I watch are reruns of the great older shows and movies that used to be made,and I primarily view them on channels that show no commercials like the Western Channel and TCM etc.

7. Some call me Jim

Some call me Jim Member

YESYESYES he sooooooo does!!
    i only watch House & Skins. no other tv for me thanks.
    i prefer to read/play guitar/write/walk/discuss with friends.

i can't be one of those people who sits infront of the tv WAITING on it entertaining them -- i tune it to something i know is good, then switch it off after. screw channel-hopping too. arg.

8. Mabster

Mabster Member

Never watch it. Once I get my own place I won't even have a tv...
    There can be some pretty darn good stuff on it but it can all be watched online..

I've lost track of the news etc because of it. It's good to be detached from the world though

9. Wiseman

Wiseman Senior Member

Yeah. I never know what's going on either. Normally, if there's something that's especially important, it'll hit the top 10 on digg.com and that's about the only way I keep track of what's going on out there. Oh well. Yeah, thepiratebay.org kinda rendered the T.V. useless.

10. deadguy

deadguy Member

It depends on what you're watching. Some programs are OK. My mom likes Green Planet, Science channel. I've watching Family Matters (a.k.a. Steve Urkel show) on youtube so that's like TV. But I watch far less than I used to. I watched insane amounts of cartoons as a kid.

11. mizanthrope

mizanthrope Member

i'm really not into television. i used to live with a girl whose only hobby was to watch tv (literally) all day long. it was quite pathetic actually... i love the simpsons but really only catch it once every couple of weeks.

12. LvsKira

LvsKira Member

I used to watch tv for 4-6 hours a day. I turned into a zombie. Now I watch maybe one show a week.

13. medicalbud

medicalbud Member

I came back 05 with Direct tv I got the 99$ package seems to have more types of station . I am glad I came back but now I watch better TV and less. PC and Computer I do in is 4-6 hr a day.

14. Amontillado

Amontillado Member extraordinaire HipForums Supporter

No TV here, but you will get my computer when you pry my cold dead fingers off the keyboard.

15. medicalbud

medicalbud Member

What I like about the net if you like tv and know where to download you dont see ads.

16. sash

sash Member

TV sucks and the less you watch it the better. I prefer music or books and lately if I'm watching something it's a[​IMG] movie on DVD..

17. hippiepeece

hippiepeece Member

I dont watch too much anymore... I like Family Guy, King of The Hill, The Simpsons etc. But I barely catch these shows on. And I like to watch comedians alot. Always been a wrestling fan too... WrestleMania this sunday :). Might go to hooters to watch it. Oh and I don't need anyone getting angry with me because Wrestling is scripted, chances are your favorite show is scripted too.

18. Amontillado

Amontillado Member extraordinaire HipForums Supporter

A few years back I used to enjoy saying, "I've never seen The Simpsons. Not Bart and not O. J."

19. timyooo

timyooo Member

I'm trying to cut out most stuff.. but I'll still be watching Scooby Doo on Saturday mornings.