I think I want to go to Morocco - It's a longshot but anyone interested?

Discussion in 'Africa' started by Carlfloydfan, Nov 11, 2008.

1. zen_arcade

zen_arcade Banned

he's a kyke

2. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Because they're A-rabs.

3. ukpepa

ukpepa Member

Hello Hip friends,
    I have got the website from my friends in Morocco.They may provide some tips for the ones visiting Morocco.You can have a look www.roughtours.com
    pepa

4. Cairo

Cairo Member

i am going back to morroco in february probably and you are more than welcome to come along. you might have to put up with some family members making you drink mint tea though!

5. SFSGT

SFSGT Guest

Sorry to change the subject , But. I spent years working in Morocco. Been all over the country and its really beautiful . The mountains have to be seen to be believed. Find a moroccan to take you places there . Find someone you can depend on to get you back after the visit too . Find a french guy or girl . Most moroccans speack very good french , the french have been there for 100 years,:cheers2:
    The places you guys are discussing in the mountain towns for hashish can be very dangerous for you guys ( being white americano's) I've been there many times . The hash is great and cheap , but its alot safer for you to have a moroccan buy it for you from a safe place . Like a hotel on the beach. Just a friendly warning. I love the tough places in Africa . If you do get to the mountains go see the historical sites where the arabs beat the french army up in the passes . The berbers are white arabs and have blue eyes and the girls are beautiful , they live in really cool little compounds with small rooms . the houses are like hobit houses and are extremelly friendly . Sorry to carry on , great memories for me .
    SEBSI , the stem is a reed that grows all over north africa and the bowl is a small clay pipe , I mean really small, most arabs in that region are very poor so this pipe and stem are very cheap. like one dinar for 10 bowls and five stems .I used to buy a half kilo of bowls and a handful of stem $ 2 . yes thats two bucks. We used to smoke on the roof of our compound and if an officer came up we'd just flip the sebsi into the neighbers yard . ;).
    If I remember a baseball sized wad of dark brown gummy stuff:cool: cost about $20 maybe higher now , but arabs don't drink alcohal so they smoke alot instead . Its a great place to go and hang out
    Long story short : you can by the sebsi online at shop-morocco.com , thats in spain but shipping is expensive

6. Carlfloydfan

Carlfloydfan Travel lover

I did go to Morocco for two weeks and it was really interesting.

It was pretty cool.

I either want to go back or go to Tunisia someday.

7. kasi

kasi Member

Its good thinking that you are going to Morocco for the long time period and Be cautious after midnight because many pick pocket are there it will also be very hot season there and i suggest to you that visit the Marrakesh & Fez...

8. daren22

daren22 Members

Morocco tour is one of the best tour in the world because i had completed the visited last year and l[SIZE=110%]anguage is not a problem there every person is little bit know about [/SIZE]English[SIZE=110%]..[/SIZE]

9. Just_a_woman

Just_a_woman Member

Morocco was interesting, mainly the sights behind the Atlas. There are magnificent gorges and beautiful landscapes. Interesting oasis with the date trees and ghost old settlements.

Getting out of the region behind the Atlas, on our way to the North, we've visited Volubilis. It was a great sight.

Very cold in January, but we knew about it and took our own small heating.

I really recommend a visit. Having said that, here go some negatives.

People were a hassle. Gamins collants and faux guides all over the place. In some places, they destroyed the road signs to see if you'd get lost and need a guide. I've been to tens of countries and I had never seen this behavior.

Food was also difficult to find, outside the big cities, and very repetitive (tajine), but OK for me, as I do like tajines.

So, everything was good, except for most of the people we came in contact with.

We haven't visited cities.

1 person likes this.
  10. magickman

magickman Supporters HipForums Supporter

I'm going out on a limb here...but the lure of good stuff has my eyes turning red just thinking about it. :)

I know that guys take trips to Thailand for fem entertainment, i'm wondering about a trip to Morocco myself.
    I'd like to know how much it might cost to get there, stay there a month or so, eat, drink, live and smoke it up there.
    And a lady or two for some female companionship. How "do-able" is this? Not going to happen tomorrow or even next month, but someday???
    I'm very curious, what might be involved here. What do I need to know?

11. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

I worked in Morocco for three months a while ago (Casablanca) You have to be careful there !!
    Expect to Pay for everything Even Directions , I tried to use a cash machine in my hotel but the instructions were in Arabic
    I asked one of the girls why I could not get money ( all the lines were busy so it couldn't process my Request )
    Cost me 10 Dirham For that Information !!

1 person likes this.
  12. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Wow, this thread....ah what great members we had!

Anyways, I used to want to go to Morocco. Now not so much.

13. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I would love to visit Morocco. Several cities and some countryside and a trip to the mountains and desert would be on my list, I would easily be set for weeks :-D

14. magickman

magickman Supporters HipForums Supporter

I just want to live it up on hashish and opium for a few months.
    Hell, then I wouldn't want to leave. lol

15. Scratched

Scratched Members

That would be worth learning the local language for, to go live there, get some piddly-ass job, a local woman for companionship and smoke plenty of hashish and opium.

Fuck, yeah.

16. Used to go back and forward to Tangier a lot. Excellent city. I had a friend whose family lived up in the Rif mountains.on visiting them you could see the monkeys striping and eating the hash. Funny as fuck! There are a lot of good small towns in Morocco with tradition markets.

1 person likes this.
  17. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

I just want authentic tajine

18. Asmodean

I still want to go there! About a week ago i took notice of some people rafting there. Like a 3 day rafting trip (with stops lol). The surroundings and stops were so beautiful and nice... Great travel destination for sure :Cheers2:

19. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Let's gooooooooo

20. Asmodean

Didn't took you for a rafter! No offense ;) but doesn't matter: it seemed a chill river overall :-D Yeah, lets go!!