new project

Discussion in 'Rainbow Family' started by kinulpture, Nov 7, 2008.

1. indydude

indydude Senior Member

Wow! That's the simplest amphibious vehicle I've seen. Great for going to and from the beach. Bet it costs a mint!

2. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

they seem 2 b concentratin a bit much on inflatables too. & i`ve been on 2many that sprang leaks.

3. GHOSTCRAB

GHOSTCRAB Banned

4. indydude

indydude Senior Member

5. GHOSTCRAB

GHOSTCRAB Banned

With a silver-tongue...the but can be whatever (but never admit to a lack of money, as that frightens everyone). It is essential to maintain a pleasant, respectful, and polite mien, no matter what; to put completely out of your mind the tiniest doubt that your request will not be granted; and to be irritatingly, patiently reasonable. Reasonableness is demoralizing to everyone. Success comes in direct proportion to your determination to see the matter through. Missspelling flagrantly, magic, and making key words illegible adds a nice touch too.

6. indydude

indydude Senior Member

I like this guys ideas about sailing.

7. GHOSTCRAB

GHOSTCRAB Banned

It's kind of ghostly, there's a arc of light and on a good night you'll pick up a bit of color at Cumberland Falls State Resort Park. http://parks.ky.gov

8. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

9. Huertal-hippy7

Huertal-hippy7 Guest

This is an awesome idea. Thanks for the share

10. GHOSTCRAB

GHOSTCRAB Banned

Is an Annapolis-based nonprofit that's helped people with developmental, physical, and financial challenges to go sailing for 20 years. www.crabsailing.org

11. indydude

indydude Senior Member

Cool I had no idea they made Catamarans portable like that.
    Getting a boat tomorrow. Perfect river boat. 14 ft. Wolverine with a 10 hp Johnson. $400. The saler finally got the title out of lien. Yeah!

12. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

Thx ghost. Congrats indy.

13. indydude

indydude Senior Member

Thanks k. Cant wait to get her on the water. Been real rainy lately. Have you done any river logging? With all the rivers around here I'm thinking of trying it. I'd luv to wench out an old river bottom log for furniture or musical instrument making. Some of them are valuable and can't be found anymore.

14. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

15. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

Hi indy, there may be a gig in indiana soon. No site picked yet. The only known scout is wantin 2 use '95 fall regional site. This is near salt crk indiana. No water there tho. My vote is a spot on a navigable tributary of the ohio. But im not near there so cant scout. This would be southeast corner of hoosier nf.

16. indydude

indydude Senior Member

Hi K. Hows the scoutin' going? Hoosier NF is huge. Its broken up in different forests. I definitly want to go. Keep us posted.

17. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

Not doin 2 well on the scouting. My vote's for lake patoka. But most want the '95 regional site.

18. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

The white rivr appears to have 2 forks, one being from lake patoka. These r east & west forks respectively. I'm curious as to which one is highest. One would think comin from a lake would be the deeper fork. & would the white river flow continuously to the wabash? Or are there logs, etc. I'd hoped that a float frm the vicinity of an indy gig to vicinity of shawnee gathering could be done.

By the way, if you will google abigail king save maumee she's havin a float down the maumee river sometime in spring. 12 canoes are available for volunteers.

She's informed me the maumee's current isn't very strong. & the eel river appears very close to headwaters of the maumee. It would be awesome to go all the way from lake erie to ohio river. Dunno how many snags tho. It appears eel river connects to wabash. This would shorten a grt loop journey quite a bit. I heard there may be a "float commune" starting sometime in 2013 somewhere in ontario if i read the sisters blog rite. Her location just says "on". I'm hopin its not too far into canada. Im lookin up her screen name.

19. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

Oops i read makihiko's profile wrong. Male & alberta. Interested in men. Thats was my error. Sry.

20. indydude

indydude Senior Member

I've floated the Eel where it meets the Wabash. Pretty good flow rate. Wabash is big and fast river. goes straight into the Ohio.
    Planning to go to Dark Star Orchestra Jam at Buckeye Lake then to gathering at Hoosier forest. After DSO stop by Louisville and see some old friends hopefully they'll want go to gathering. This is going to be a fun roadtrip!:2thumbsup: