Cold Water Extraction Question???

Discussion in 'Pharmaceuticals' started by poseidon0513, Oct 28, 2008.

1. poseidon0513

poseidon0513 Member

I am pretty sure the cold water extraction will remove acetaminophen from anything, but my question is would this extraction be practical to use on Benadryl tablets containing pseudoephedrine and diphenhydramine as well as 500 mg of acetaminophen? Will the pseudoephedrine or diphenhydramine be affected in any way?

-Thanks

2. Feelings Of U4ia

Feelings Of U4ia Senior Member

Depends if the Diphenhydramine and Pseudoephedrine are water-soluble or not. I don't know this info of the top of my head, so maybe someone else can help with this, but if not I will do some research.

Although, when doing a CWE, you always risk losing some of your product, so I would say this would be a waste. Why not just go out and get some Benadryl or Dramamine without nasty APAP?

Why the fuck is APAP even in Benadryl, haha.

3. poseidon0513

poseidon0513 Member

well i have some of just the diphenhydramine that has no acetaminophen..but Benadryl Sinus and Headache has both pseudoephedrine and diphenhydramine in it along with 500 mg of acetaminophen

4. Feelings Of U4ia

Feelings Of U4ia Senior Member

Yeah, just get the normal Benadryl, don't waste your time with this.