How much would a kilo (key) run me?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Price Watch' started by PhillyDeath, Oct 26, 2008.

1. PhillyDeath

PhillyDeath Guest

just wondering

How many grams would I be fuckin with in a key?

2. greenthumber

greenthumber Member

1000. A kilogram is a thousand grams. 2 lbs of bud would be 896 grams, so you're getting a lil bit more if you buy based off the metric system...although, I don't believe I've ever heard of people selling pot that way, just coke and other crap. Probabl worth anywhere between $18-19K

3. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

if you didn't know how many grams in a kilogram, i guarantee you will never buy or posses a kilo of weed.

edit: no way is a kilo $18-19,000 - that would be $18-19/gram!
    more like $2-5,000

4. MarcoWasRight

MarcoWasRight Member

I had a friend purchase a pound of schwag for $600. Which comes out to less than $40 an ounce. I'm sure a kilo would get a slight price cut so say $1200.

I've seen QP's of good mids sell for $300 which is $1,000 a pound after a slight price cut. Say $1800-$2000 for a kilo.

Ounces of high quality bud range from $200-$400. This really depends on who your connections are and just how amazing the bud is. I'd say $8,000 for a kilo of a legitimate strain. That breaks down to $8 a gram. You could easily sell ounces for $300. With about 35.7 ounces in a kilo that leaves you with a profit of $2,700. A lot of math but not a bad profit.

If you are looking to double six digit sums of money you probably want to look towards coke. Maybe a gun too.

5. porkstock41

^^^good advice :rolleyes:

6. greenthumber

greenthumber Member

if you're paying 2-5G for a kilo, you're getting ripped off, bro. Either that, or the prices in your area are awful. Also, that was a "worst-case" ballpark guess. If I were selling a kilo of pot (which would never happen anyway), depending on the strain and cost to produce (etc), I'd go anywhere from 1500-1700.

7. porkstock41

i don't buy kilos, that was just my estimate. 2 grand for a kilo would be a pretty good deal. i've heard of pounds going for that much.

so 2-5k is a rip off but 18-19k is a worst case scenario?

8. ishikabe

ishikabe Member

9. MarcoWasRight

MarcoWasRight Member

That's $1.50 to $1.70 a gram! Clearly you are talking about oregano.

Break down the numbers like I did and then you can make a decent argument.

10. klondike_bar

klondike_bar Senior Member

id agree on 2500-7000$ depending on location. In city areas, it will be much harder to get then closer to forests or borders

11. FarmerJ

FarmerJ Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

bulk weed is generaly sold by the pound or half pound. Around here Shwag (anything with seeds) goes for $600-$1000 for a single. Beasters $2500-$3200 and headies can be up to $4500- $6000 for really nice stuff. Beasters can get much cheaper if you buy multiples and have a good connect. Calucating the price of lbs based on grams is pretty irelevant. Expect to pay more than half for an HP.

12. recoveringhereon

recoveringhereon Member

yeah a key is 1,000 grams. In the US you get pounds of weed, and kilos of powder. And a kilo is 2.2 lbs.
    for price, in St Louis you get lbs of brick for $7-1000. Midgrade for $900-1400+, sometimes its a buck an ounce no matter how much you get with mids.
    $1000-1250 for a quarter pound of dro here, so 3500ish a pound? not sure
    And for a kilo of yay, your probably going to pay 17-20 stacks. depending on who you get it from and how much its been re-compacted
    basically you get what you pay for
    EDIT: forgot dro price caus im too broke for it

13. Trippin' Billies

Trippin' Billies Senior Member

yeah, 3500-4000 a birdie in stl... spot on the money with everything else though

14. Tpabka

Tpabka Member

it obviously depends on were your from if your getting that shit from texas its not gonna be much but if your getting a kilo of OG Kush be prepared to spend a good amount

15. drew5147

drew5147 Dingledodie

Yeah, who the fuck buys weed in kilos?...

16. deleted

deleted Visitor

Ill trade Pot for Carrots. :) fer swim, a bunny friend of mine..[​IMG]