Missing Africa

Discussion in 'Africa' started by mangre, Oct 26, 2008.

1. mangre

mangre Member

Hi,
    Just love hearing your stories and adventures.

Brings back memories, hope get back there again..

A Kiwi with a taste for adventure, African styles.

2. chemspider

chemspider Guest

ah, it's brilliant here, truth. politically, very exciting at the moment, young democracy, young constitution, brilliant country. we have our problems, but overall, i couldn't live anywhere else :)

3. Amanda's Shadow

Amanda's Shadow Flower Child

i miss africa!

but i may be going back to namib and SA for a few weeks this summer!

vaar es die krugh??? (thats the extent of my afrikaans!)

4. BrokenSafetyPin

BrokenSafetyPin Members

I miss Africa, too. I stayed in a little town outside Johannesburg when I was very young. (My brother was on a missions trip) I loved it!

5. Sleeping Caterpillar

Sleeping Caterpillar Members

I'm from the eastern cape, but live in the states now. Whenever I went to visit my grandparents, we almost always went to game parks, and they are still some of my favourite experiences in the world.

A game park is literally just acres upon acres of nature that's gated off. You're not guaranteed to see anything, though some animals are certainly more common. I've only seen a lion once in it's natural habitat, and it was breathtaking, only once out of maybe 30 visits. Elephants are my favourite animal, giraffes are kind of interesting to, just to have a creature that much larger than yourself makes me think of how we might appear to cats/dogs/and the like.

But what I have to say i miss most is the indian ocean, some of my favourite hikes are along the coast with reefs, and the indian ocean is just so much warmer than atlantic and pacific

6. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

I know a couple people from Nigeria..... Very kind/loving people there!!