39 replies to this topic

#21 Logan 5

Logan 5

Confessed gynephile

• PipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted January 05 2011 - 12:31 AM

I used to speak a little russian and would love to learn a lot more of it.

“Becoming a dissident is not something that happens overnight.  You do not simply decide to become one.  It is a long chain of steps and acts.  And very often during this process, you do not really reflect upon what is happening...You don’t want to become involved with the dirt that is around you and one day, all of a sudden you wake up and realize that you are a dissident, that you are a human rights activist.” – Vaclav Havel, former Czech President (1993-2003) & activist

We are told to remember the idea, not the man, because a man can fail.  He can be caught.  He can be killed and forgotten.

But four hundred years later an idea can still change the world.

"...You can't build a dream, without a plan...." -- Jefferson Starship ("It's Not Over", "No Protection" Album, 1987)

#22 Sevastopol teacher

Sevastopol teacher

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted February 09 2011 - 09:51 PM

I can teach Russian, Ukrainian languages as i am a native speaker.

#23 Logan 5

Logan 5

Confessed gynephile

• PipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted February 10 2011 - 12:21 AM

I'm game! After a while you should be past the "guest" part of being here, and actually a member, and we can start then!

“Becoming a dissident is not something that happens overnight.  You do not simply decide to become one.  It is a long chain of steps and acts.  And very often during this process, you do not really reflect upon what is happening...You don’t want to become involved with the dirt that is around you and one day, all of a sudden you wake up and realize that you are a dissident, that you are a human rights activist.” – Vaclav Havel, former Czech President (1993-2003) & activist

We are told to remember the idea, not the man, because a man can fail.  He can be caught.  He can be killed and forgotten.

"...You can't build a dream, without a plan...." -- Jefferson Starship ("It's Not Over", "No Protection" Album, 1987)

#24 lively_girl

lively_girl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted March 15 2011 - 05:50 AM

I'm interested in learning Spanish, Russian or French. Are there any classes for that?

#25 Logan 5

Logan 5

Confessed gynephile

• PipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted March 17 2011 - 12:01 AM

Clearly not. They say they are willing to help us learn, but they don't. Who knows why.

Folks come and folks go.

#26 lively_girl

lively_girl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted March 18 2011 - 03:31 AM

No luck then...

#27 Logan 5

Logan 5

Confessed gynephile

• PipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted March 19 2011 - 04:39 PM

Nyet.

#28 kleo36

kleo36

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted March 21 2011 - 08:01 AM

I can tell you that I used Pimsleur to learn French and it went better for me than going to French class...Pimsleur helps you learn every day while in class you only learn 2 times a week max

#29 lively_girl

lively_girl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted March 27 2011 - 04:33 PM

Thanks for info, I'll try Pimsleur. How long did it take you to learn first level material?

#30 bluegypsyrain

bluegypsyrain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted March 12 2012 - 11:54 AM

I would be interested in ANY language class! I'm fairly fluent in Spanish and have plans (ganas) to become a translator and interpreter someday :) I'm also working on my French language skills, especially listening, as I'm close enough to BC to pick up French-language radio stations! LOL Shoot me a msg when class is ready and I'll come running!! :2thumbsup:

#31 bluegypsyrain

bluegypsyrain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted March 12 2012 - 12:02 PM

FYI, there's a website that I have used in the past that can get you started on some languages; it's free, though you can upgrade to gain access to more advanced lessons.

http://www.busuu.com/

You can also try searching for "free (fill in the blank with your language choice) lessons online;" there are many sites dedicated to promoting language learning.

:scholar:

#32 Logan 5

Logan 5

Confessed gynephile

• PipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted March 13 2012 - 11:56 PM

Right on! Thanks!

#33 Beatbird

Beatbird

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted August 16 2013 - 02:26 AM

Language class sounds good!
I could teach Japanese and Hungarian.
I would really like to learn French, and practice my Chinese (I forgot a lot:D)

#34 Jaycee51

Jaycee51

Lifetime Supporter

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted August 17 2013 - 09:25 AM

I'd like to try learning Spanish , any hints on good sites to help.

#35 jesalber

jesalber

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted October 20 2013 - 11:37 PM

Recent study Russian, but some phonetic eludes such as voiced consonants, voiceless consonants, vowels .....

#36 Blackeyes28

Blackeyes28

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted November 01 2014 - 10:16 AM

Hi, I can teach you Spanish, French and Italian. I am fluent in the all three.

#37 Aleighannajunaleigh

Aleighannajunaleigh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationLittleton, CO

Posted May 29 2016 - 07:39 PM

I can teach Russian, Ukrainian languages as i am a native speaker.

AWESOME! :)

*IMAGINATIORULETHWORLD*

#38 Aleighannajunaleigh

Aleighannajunaleigh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationLittleton, CO

Posted May 29 2016 - 07:39 PM

Hi, I can teach you Spanish, French and Italian. I am fluent in the all three.

I would be willing to learn some Italian :)

*IMAGINATIORULETHWORLD*

#39 Aleighannajunaleigh

Aleighannajunaleigh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationLittleton, CO

Posted May 29 2016 - 07:40 PM

I was thinking that it would be great to have some language classes for basic conversation and grammar..
Right now I would love to see a Russian language class.
Also, I could teach Arabic and 1 of its dialects.

Greetings! :) There is a wonderful website by RosettaStone called LiveMocha.com ... you can earn credit by helping others who are learning your language, and vice versa. It's like a language learning community. Msg me if u want to chat! :)

*IMAGINATIORULETHWORLD*

#40 Aleighannajunaleigh

Aleighannajunaleigh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationLittleton, CO

Posted June 22 2016 - 10:01 PM

I was using this one language class online created by Rosetta Stone, but it got taken down :( It was called Livemocha.com, it was awesome. Best language site i've used, hands down.

Now I need to find new ones :(

*IMAGINATIORULETHWORLD*

Click to shop at Royal Queen Seeds