The zeitgeist movement

Discussion in 'Activism' started by Pellinore, Oct 16, 2008.

1. Pellinore

Pellinore Member

After the release of zeitgeist : addendum (sequel on zeitgeist )

A website has been aired to realise a better world, as mentioned in the movie (refering to the venus project).

Changes start here ^^.

-> www.thezeitgeistmovement.com

zeitgeist: addendum -> www.zeitgeistmovie.com

Just found this something to keep an eye on. Perhaps this is the begining of something new...

2. mistermushroomhead

mistermushroomhead Member

i am as post modern as it gets and i gotta say
    i dont see the point..

3. Pellinore

Pellinore Member

You don't see the point in trying to become more aware of our wicked society..attempting to bring change?.. don't underrestimate this kind of internet groups.. the internet is in the end a collective consciouness..

4. PsyGrunge

PsyGrunge Full Fractal Force

haha the venus project.
    i am a ravenously devout zeitgeist fan and take interest in reading conspiracy theories;
    but even i can see the venus project is purely fantasy.
    change sounds good and i am all for it, but in the form of the venus project?!
    come off it.

5. Pellinore

Pellinore Member

Is it wrong to dream of a ideal world? Wouldn't the world be better if we all had dreams for something better instead of taking this wicked world as granted?.. perhaps i'm just a confused idealist...

6. PsyGrunge

No, it is not wrong to dream of an ideal world.
    Dream being the key word.

Did you miss out the parts on the monetary system and the wage slave?
    As long as there are bigwigs at the top of the chain keeping the World in check with what they thinks fits suitable properties for a modern day society, the Venus Project remains a dream.

7. Pellinore

Pellinore Member

I agree with you.. you can't overthrow this system in a blink.. things as zeitgeist: addendum and the zeitgeist movement can contribute to realising a better system..perhaps not in the near future.. but there are more then enough people that want changes.. and the generation that has all the power now will once vanish.. and perhaps the kids that are being born now... confronted with war, sadness, pain, corruption.. will contribute to a better system.. we should try our best to become aware, and help others to become aware.. if humanity as his whole starts dreaming of something better.. then perhaps this dream will no longer be a dream.. we should encourage projects like the zeitgeist movement.. it won't change things.. but its little things as this that will have a big impact in the future..

8. PsyGrunge

To claim that doing this now WILL have a BIG impact in the future is a bit too, hmmmmm, optimistic - in my opinion.
    Truth is, we have no idea what the future will bring. No idea what could be being planned for us as we speak. If you're into ZeitGeist's conspiracy of 9/11, well - these so-called men behind the curtain can make anything happen. If the actions of a significant number of people threaten the activity of certain institutions; who's to say there's no corrupt way to stop them?
    People educating their own children instead of leaving it for the government to do might have an impact in the future, but you can't guarantee anything in the years to come. Just look at the way the World's changed in recent years.

9. Pellinore

Pellinore Member

Well, yea.. this zeitgeist movement won't have a big impact... but perhaps this together with other little things it can have some impact.. ok.. ok.. i'm wrong your right.. but we are just simple humans.. we can only attempt to achieve our dreams.. contribute to our dreams withing our limited capabilities... i don't know.. to be fair i'm a little bit wasted right now.. but maybe.. trying to bring change to this world.. how little it is.. is one of the heighest goals we can live for. But sure dude.. i can respect someone saying that its futile and the future brings what the future brings.. but in the end we are the ones that shape the future.. and it is in this future our children will live in.

10. PsyGrunge

Please, dude - it's not an issue of who's right or wrong. I'm just thinking and posting what I find to be logical.
    As for (the misconception) we are the ones that shape the future.. are we? Are we really? It looks to me like the past to the present and indeed the future's being shaped for us.

11. Pellinore

Pellinore Member

Ok, sorry about that, these are indeed just our opinions, but in any way, its a intresting conversation :).

Sorry if i'm not making much sense.. just a little bit confused and foggy in the mind. But why should we look back to the past? I can agree that we simple humans without any power have had no to little impact on those evil greedy men that ruled us in the past and present. But is the past that important? I mean.. the future is something we can only guess about.. and even if it is all futile.. we cannot know this.. i mean.. we should try to make the best of it.. and just keep trying.. seriously.. how futile it all is.. for me there is nothing more important then chasing my dreams and ideals.. i don't ever want to give them up.

edit: i understand what you mean, but yea.. perhaps you're more of a realist then me :).

12. PsyGrunge

13. Pellinore

Pellinore Member

Yea... its sad.. but all to more reason the change things eh? ^^

14. freedomnow

freedomnow Guest

This world as it is now , is like this because of our ignorance. The world doesn't control us , we control the world.As long as we remain ignorant there will always be someone to profit form us. This Zeitgeist Movement makes a call to unity and action , to become our own leaders and Do something about the world. The Venus project is just an idea , a concept and nothing more , it presents a resource based economy (machines work for you). Food , energy , housing are all free. we already have all the technologies that we need to transform the world . It only takes the acceptance of the earth's population , and anything can be achieved.

Hoping for something will not change anything. At this point I have to chose from wage slave , (drinking polluted water , breathing polluted air and eating food full of chemicals ) and freedom , a better quality of life , a cleaner planet. Seriously , no politician will change the world for me. I chose to stand up and do something!

15. MrDot

MrDot Senior Member

zeitgeist=complete shit

16. freedomnow

freedomnow Guest

Why?

17. MrDot

MrDot Senior Member

Idk, I've seen both and they seem like a bunch of lies or conspiracy theories. THEORIES. They don't have much factual evidence with anything they rant about, if they do it is ussually biased IMHO. I could be wrong though.

18. freedomnow

freedomnow Guest

zeitgeist, the name is not important , fuck that , the goal is important , freedom and unity , as long as we stay divided and ignorant we will always live shity lives.

I've done some research for some time now about this , at the beginning I also was skeptical

Now about the conspiracies. I'm not paranoid , but seriously there is some truth in there , indeed wars are made for money , it's the same as in the antiquity when wars were made to enslave others. That 9/11 stuff I don't know if it's really true , The new world order is somewhat true. RFID chips are already in passports , it will not be long and you will get them implanted.Some people already had. Mass media really brainwashes everyone. If you didn't know all news are filtered , you will never see at the news something that you must not know.

Conspiracy theories will never be proven to be completely true anyway , but it doesn't matter , we only have to look around us to see that something is wrong with the world.

And that Venus project , yes it looks like a fairytale and will never become reality , because is just an idea an example.

The truth is that we have all the technology to make machines that work for us. This is a fact .
    Did you know that the service sector has grown much larger than the industry sector? Factory workers are losing their jobs because robots take their places. Did you see how cars are made , almost everything is done by robots.
    This is fact. Automated farming is a reality for several years now.
    so the ideas behind the Venus project are facts , and are here now.

19. MrDot

MrDot Senior Member

The venus project is a complete joke.. The RFID chips will never be forcefully implanted into people, this would only cause huge riots and such. As for a new world order, yeah it's possible and obviously it's coming because IMO a new world order is just another decade of gov bullshit. Eventually it passes over, eventually the public will realize something and ACT against these things. I will agree to an extent there is some truth in those videos but some of the stuff is just a joke.

20. freedomnow

freedomnow Guest

The zeitgeist guy , Peter Joseph , made the first film just for his own
    personal pleasure , he actually said that in an interview , after the
    second film I've seen that he stopped talking about the conspiracy stuff , instead
    he started to focus on presenting what's wrong with the monetary system
    and society today.And also I don't think he has bad intentions
    because he doesn't sell anything and he has nothing to gain.

There is that Z-Day event on March 15 , it will be broadcasted live on
    the Internet , I'm curios about what he will present there.

Anyway I agree that people will riot.Regardless of what the politicians
    will do , the people will have the last word. They have power because
    we give them.Some day everyone will stop accepting their bullcrap politics and do something about it.