indonisia

Discussion in 'Asia' started by PeaceAndRasta, Oct 14, 2008.

1. PeaceAndRasta

PeaceAndRasta Senior Member

had anyone been there?
    im planning on one day going for a trip over there :) its my current goal

im saving money! and im planning on hitting bali ! its a great place !

u just wanted to share it with u all! :p

2. Jimmy P

Jimmy P bastion of awesomeness

Bali sucks.

if you want to go to Indonesia, I would recommend Sumatra, the Gilis, and anything east of Lombok :tongue:
    seriously, Bali and Lombok are both fairly shitty spots, conquered by tourists and all the locals are corrupted by the tourism. you can't even surf in Bali just cause there are so many surfers in the water. you'd need to find a secluded spot, unless you're a brilliant surfer and can handle the 6+ foot waves..

3. heywood floyd

heywood floyd Banned

I was in Bali just this past winter... I had a blast, but not because of the beaches. The tourism thing was in full flux, and you'll see drugs and child prostitutes in Kuta-- for me it was an expensive, nasty and generally unpleasant place. The beach was covered in dead fish and garbage, and you could only swim certain areas... but the water was so muddy and dirty that my sandals smelled after just walking down the sand...

Then again, you should never let something like this wreck a vacation and I have to tell you there are heaps of things to do on the island... and the people are also wonderful. There's great culture in Ubud and in the north the locals will invite you to their homes for some fresh coconut... and ask you if you want to go fishing with them. The snorkeling is pretty awesome as well... but then again, it depends what you're into and what you want to do. If you just want to do something new, then yes... you will find stuff to do there.

4. haltekota

haltekota Member

Hi.. I'm Indonesian, and it wasn't bali for the only greatest place in here. there still a lot of more beautiful places. Come, take a look, a heaven.

5. kasi

kasi Member

I was also visited last month and my stay in Bali because my family member's had wish to stay there no much expensive all the arrangement in the hotel is comfortable room is full decorated there and many Indonesian like the tourist..