social anxiety

Discussion in 'Pharmaceuticals' started by younghollywood, Oct 14, 2008.

1. younghollywood

younghollywood Member

ok, i have a question that hopefully someone can answer for me. i have social anxiety and at times i feel terrible and have nothing to say and at other times i feel absolutely great and with little to no social limitations. basically, im trying to figure out what is causing both to occur because i would like to take out the drugs in my life that are causing my anxiety to worsen. basically, my drug history involves dxm, but i dont take it anymore. the things i currently take are xanax (which i am prescribed to for social anxiety but i sometimes abuse the amount taken), lortabs, promethazine, and last night i tried busiprone or buspar or whatever, which has led me to wake up with the worst social anxiety of my life. not sure if the two are linked. can anyone figure out which of these drugs cause anxiety to be worse or to be better?! thanks in advance!

2. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

I'm in the same boat as you man. One of the best things for my social anxiety has been Adderall. I've only taken it recreationally, but it worked wonders for my social anxiety.

3. *°GhOsT°LyRiC°*

*°GhOsT°LyRiC°* Supporters HipForums Supporter

paxil helps alot, if you take it once a day and not just once in a while, also, xanax, its so addictive, i used to take it to help my social anxiety, and i just kept increasing, and then just popping them like candy, NOW... klonopin is very much like xanax, but isnt as addictive. and can help if you take it right before you go to like work, etc where you know your going to probably be in a social scary place. it takes a bit longer to kick in though, about 15 minutes

4. *°GhOsT°LyRiC°*

*°GhOsT°LyRiC°* Supporters HipForums Supporter

also, it sounds like your taking too much medications, so it would actually be a big chance that the mixture of meds can cause more anxiety to you.

5. Feelings Of U4ia

Feelings Of U4ia Senior Member

I have really bad social anxiety as well. The normal anti-anxiety meds haven't done shit for me, nor have I cared for the high (Diazepam, Alprazolam, etc.)

Alcohol used to work extremely well, but since it's also a sort of depressant, too much would make me uneasy and angry.

Opiates I have found, are the best thing, for me anyways. I am extremely social on them, and talk to every person I can find.

6. Feelings Of U4ia

Xanax, Prometh, and Lortab wouldn't make him have any sort of negative reaction...that isn't a crazy insane mixture of meds. As I said, opiates can actually help, and mixed with xanax could even be better. Prometh is just for nausea, so that wouldn't have any effect, besides drowsiness.

7. Burnt

Burnt Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

In my opinion it is your brain is what is causing your anxiety, the drugs may just be making it worse you need to learn to deal with it without drugs, or you will forever be using drugs as a crutch. Believe me Ive been there, it is possible to almost completely eliminate anxiety on your own. But it takes time and patience.

8. TopNotchStoner

Promethazine also works great for potentiating opiates.

I agree that opiates are wonderful for social anxiety. I become very talkative on opiates.

Xanax works wonders for social anxiety, but it also fucks me up pretty hardcore, so bad shit usually happens. haha That could be due to the fact that I usually overdo it with xanax though.

9. Feelings Of U4ia

You are the Xanax king.

I just want to hang out with you one time to see how many bars you can eat in one sitting, haha.

10. TopNotchStoner

hahaha you would either be very impressed or very appauled, depending on how you look at it. lol

11. Feelings Of U4ia

Nah you are mah boy bro, we would have mad fun, lol.

I got the Roxi's and Oxy's, we will tear shit down!

Hit me up on AIM by the way:

iiu4iaii

12. TopNotchStoner

Hell yeah. We'd get fukt up as hell together. haha Those silly drugs wouldn't know what hit them:D

Dude, I don't use AIM or Yahoo IM or any of that. My computer/connection is too slow. I'm on a 10+ year-old computer with a dial-up modem, so the IM shit doesn't work too well, if at all. lol I'm stuck in the dark ages. I can't even watch youtube videos on this computer. haha That's pathetic:(

13. Feelings Of U4ia

PM me, I will give ya mah cell homie.

Hurry up mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn I am OC'ed out and ready to shoot the shit. That way when you are barred out you can call and fucking bother me too, hahahahaaha.

14. younghollywood

younghollywood Member

thanks for all the input! can i just add that i'm a female, just sayin i keep reading him and im just throwing a gender correction out there haha

15. Feelings Of U4ia

Woohoo drug chicks <3

Lol.

16. salmon4me

salmon4me Senior Member

17. younghollywood

younghollywood Member

so i was totally wrong about those pills being promethazine, they are actually demerol. does that change anything?

18. Feelings Of U4ia

Uhm, yes.

Demerol is an opiate, Promethazine is an anti-histamine.

19. Vontae8390

Vontae8390 Member

i used to be the same way, all quiet and shit. Very anti-social....in other words lame. And weed only made it worse. But alcohol has helped extremely well. I've been drinking for about 4 months, and its probally the best thing that happened to me. I sound like a fuckin alcoholic lol, but its just fun lmao. It has helped me be a LOT more social, like im more talktive even when i only smoke weed now. Just gotta be responsible with alcohol. Like know your limits and that type of shit.

Good luck with that though feelings4uia. personally i'd recommend just drink socially when your out with friends or whatever. Cause if you do it too much you'll probally be addicted.

20. Feelings Of U4ia

Alcohol is a good temporary defense against social anxiety. After a while it starts to show it's true side, the depressant side. I used to use alcohol as a social anxiety helper, but it was a bad mistake.