Clonidine

Discussion in 'Pharmaceuticals' started by IllCanabillyVanilly, Oct 13, 2008.

1. IllCanabillyVanilly

IllCanabillyVanilly Senior Member

i jsut prescribed clonidine for opiate addiction. i read on erowid that it does have some recreational value. however, my mom is holding onto the pills because she doesn't want me to abuse them. If i blow one, will that give me a buzz? I read that its supposed to be like a benzo buzz but if one wont do anything, i might just save the one she gives me tonight and wait till i get at least 2 or 3.

2. IllCanabillyVanilly

oh the pills are 0.1 mgs. also, keep in mind i consider being sleepy a buzz too so will one pill give me like a sedated feeling?

3. Guitar

Guitar Senior Member

Since your addicted to opiates, you shouldn't worry about getting a buzz from that, you should use to pass withdrawals easier, and to get off opiates.

4. IllCanabillyVanilly

Well see the thing is, I said I was addicted to opiates in hopes of getting suboxone because when i would suboxone from my friend it would not only help with withdrawls , but actually give me a buzz as well. But the doctor ended up giving me clonidine instead.

5. salmon4me

salmon4me Senior Member

Agreed

6. Feelings Of U4ia

Feelings Of U4ia Senior Member

It has been used to help with neuropathic pain, but it is not even closely similar to an opiate, and it's not recreational. It's main purpose is to treat high blood pressure...you won't be getting high with this. If you feel any sort of buzz, it's simply placebo, because there is nothing in this substance that could produce a "buzz."

If you are addicted to opiates and trying to get off of them, why do you keep trying to use non-recreational things like Clonidine and Immodium to get high? You obviously don't want to get off of anything, so why don't you just go and get real opiates instead of trying to substitute them for other things that have NO recreational value whatsoever.

You honestly need to take a break from drugs. 30 dramamine pills + DXM, now faking opiate addiction to get suboxone, a drug used to get true addicted people off of opiates.

You are out of control. Everyone can go ahead and flame me all they want, but this kid is ridiculous.

Go snort some more Immodium, and lay off the real drugs for a while, for your own sake.

This is not an attack by the way, I just see you heading down a very dark path, and you need to slow down and take a break. Every single thing you get your hands on you try to snort to get a high...including constipation medication.

7. Guitar

Guitar Senior Member

Wow you faked having an opiate addiction, and probably scared your parents to death? I agree with u4ia on this, you have a problem or something.

8. IllCanabillyVanilly

I didnt fake having an opiate addiction. I do have an opiate addiction. I wake up every night sweating and I go through withdrawls if I dont have any opiates. I was hoping to get suboxone because the shit actually helped when I would take it.

I do have a problem but not in the mental sense. I admitted to my doctor I had an opiate problem because I knew it was getting out of hand, and I want to keep my job. I was hoping to get suboxone so I could have a normal life and keep my job. But then he gave me clonidine and is sending me to counseling, which will probably jeapordize my chances at my job even further.

And before anyone says "Well, you shouldnt have done drugs if you wanted to keep your job." Thats not it. I admitted I have a problem because I wanted to keep my job. I know clonidine is not an opiate. I was at least hoping if it would help with withdrawls, that it would make me feel good as well.

Dont tell me im not addicted just because I have done otc drugs recreationally. You do not know me, you do not know what i go through. Im not saying im the only person in my situation, but think before you judge people.

9. IllCanabillyVanilly

And so what if I had faked having an opiate addiction (which i didnt) to get suboxone? I read all the time about people drug seeking on here and trying to grt this and that from their doctor. But me wanting suboxone is SOOO bad? Hypocrites much?

10. IllCanabillyVanilly

Let me just state for the record, that I do not go using Immodium recreationally every chance I get. I read about loperamide being used to help with withdrawls and it could give a buzz when taken a certain way. So I made some errors in research. The fact that its an AD medication doesnt mean anything either. All opiates cause constipation at some levels, at least for me they do.

11. deleted

deleted Visitor

The poor guy feels like crap(pun) ever since he posted that...
    This drop in blood pressure by using Clonidine is dangerous. VERY.

12. IllCanabillyVanilly

I realize that clonidine drops blood pressure, which is why said I would only take 2 or 3 at the most. I read reports on erowid about people taking more but thats not for me. Despite what you may think, I do try to do research and try not to OD on medications.

13. deleted

deleted Visitor

I dont think anything of you... your a illusion, a image of my drug trip.. :)

14. Feelings Of U4ia

I have seen the extent of your opiate usage, and I highly doubt you go through serious WD's like some of us on here. You got a buzz from Immodium and stated that people who had high tolerances obviously wouldn't feel much, which obviously is stating that you don't have a high tolerance...so I would assume you don't take massive amounts of opiates.

If you don't mind me asking, what is your daily usage of opiates, if it is even daily?

Faking an addiction is different then trying to overplay your pain to get a better script, also. You could have people seriously worried about you, and all you would care about is getting Sub? It's a big difference.

Again, I just want to know what type of opiate usage you have been doing, to consider yourself addicted to opiates. With your past posts, I wouldn't think you do opiates enough or in high enough dosages to feel REAL wd's.

Yeah, if you read of a serious health risk associated with a drug, taking 2 or 3 of them is really a good starting point. :rolleyes:

15. IllCanabillyVanilly

The opiates I have done are oxycodone, hydrocodone, codeine, morphine, tramadol. Its not the fact that I dont take massive amount of opiates at once. Its the fact that I do take them, and often. I dont go overboard like some people, I usually only take a low amount. But the fact is over a period of time, I became addicted. The reason loperamide gave me a little buzz was because I had been off opiates for a while but the withdrawls were so serious I did the loperamide in hopes of helping with the withdrawls, which it did and gave me a buzz. Although it was probably placebo like you said. But even so, placebo can be a pretty strong thing.

And no I do not have a daily usage of opiates because I cannot get them daily. When I don't have them, I get hot flashes and severe headaches. At one point I ended up taking my grandmothers propoxys just to relieve my symptoms.

I am really offended at you saying my addiction is fake. Just because I am not out on the streets with a needle sticking out of my arm or sniffing an oxy at the drop of a hat, doesnt mean I'm not addicted. There's different levels of addiction buddy.

16. Guitar

Guitar Senior Member

I guess I read this wrong, the way it seemed to me was that you were faking an addiction. And you said , there would be nothing wrong with faking an opiate addiction to get suboxone, that is horrible. People doing that makes it harder for real addicts to get suboxone treatment. Luckily, doctors usually drug test you and do other tests to actually make sure you are addicted. From your posts, it doesn't seem to me like you have a real addiction. You said you had been off of them for awhile, and still get withdrawal symttoms , that doesn't make sense. With your opiate intake, I'd think w/d's would pass in 2-3 days. If you are really addicted, you shouldn't be worried about getting a buzz from suboxone, it's used to help get off opiates, not to get high.

17. Feelings Of U4ia

You made it seem as if your addiction was fake when you said you were saying you had an addiction to get Suboxone...not my fault I took it that way.

Yes, of course there are different levels of addiction. You have a mental addiction to opiates, that is much different then physical. Hot flashes and headaches are not normal signs of WD's, which is why I questioned your usage of opiates.

You don't use them enough to experience intense WD's, so Suboxone isn't going to help you. All you need is some Loperamide, maybe a beer, and a couple nights sleep. The reason you DIDN'T get Sub is because the doctor took one look at you and could tell you weren't in REAL wd's.

I hope you have REAL wd's one day, so you could understand how fucked up it is to fake it. You will be crying for your mom after a day, guaranteed.

It just upsets me when people act like they are going through hell over a stomach ache because they haven't had their 20mg of vicodin in 4 days, while other people are wanting to die from a 300mg Oxycodone habit a day.

He is trying to get a buzz from Loperamide, of course he is going to try and score Suboxone from mild opiate usage.

You tried to say that people who have a severe tolerance won't get high from Loperamide, like I said...so obviously you don't either. If you can get high from the smallest amounts of opiates consider yourself lucky and keep it simple. People like me who are scripted mass amounts of Oxycodone have to deal with much more then some kid who takes a couple Vicodin for a fun every once in a while. Leave the Sub for people who REALLY need it, instead of trying to trick doctors into giving you it. Like I said, that doctor took one look at you and KNEW you weren't addicted to anything, which is why you got Clonidine. Now, here you are trying to see if you can snort your Clonidine....give me a break.

18. IllCanabillyVanilly

Your wishing for me to get even more serious withdrawl symptoms? And attacking me repeatedly for using immodium ONCE and acting like I take the shit religiously?

I thought the rules were no personal attacks. You can make a lengthy post, basically judging me, directly attacking my drug use, yet everything is fine. Sometimes this forum amazes me. Thats not an attack on the mods, but sometimes what flies and what doesn't fly astonishes me.

I find this thing to be extremely ridiculous. Even if I did fake an addiction, that is NO DIFFERENT than someone on here faking an inury to get opiates. It's still taking away drugs from people who really need them. Also, I think me admitting I have a drug problem even if its not too severe is a lot better than some people who shoot heroin 2-3 times a day and act like everything's fine. Some people on this forum need to look in a mirror before they judge, I tried to get control of my opiate addiction before it got out of hand. Other people let it get out of hand and jeapordize their lives before trying to get control.

But whatever, its not like you'll read what I said. You'll take bits and pieces out and take them out of context and attack me once again. So, whatever.

19. Feelings Of U4ia

I have already PM'ed a mod to make sure my posts weren't personal attacks, if you wish to report them, be my guest. I was looking out for your best interests, and it's painfully obvious you don't care about your well-being.

By trying to get Suboxone to use to get high? Give me a break. This is just one of the many threads you have made about using things to get high, and then you want everyone to believe you are some hardcore addicted kid who just can't kick his habit.

Again, after I made my post, I PM'ed a mod to make sure it wasn't an attack....do you want to know the reply?
    Give us all a break and quit the shit about you being a helpless addict who can't get a grip on his addiction. You have tried to get high on Immodium, and now Clonidine. On top of trying to say you have an opiate addiction (which clearly isn't bad enough to warrant Suboxone, considering the doctor could tell you were bullshitting) and you want everyone to baby you. It's not going to happen from me. As I said before, you need to take a step back.

You faking an addiction is QUITE different that someone over exaggerating their pain to get stronger meds, sorry. I am sorry if you don't understand this concept either, I don't want to explain it further, it explains itself.

This is one of your main problems. You feel as if you do DXM and prescibed opiates, you are much better then everyone else. You are not ANY better then anyone that shoots herion, just because herion is considered the "harder" drug, so don't fool yourself. I am sorry that is the way you think, but give it a rest kid.

It's people like you, who make it harder for real people that need help to get the help they need. People faking opiate addictions because they take lortabs and codeine every week or so. I have no sympathy for you, and I am sorry if you feel like it is a personal attack. It's not. It's a reality check.

Crying out because everyone doesn't feel for you because you can't get the best buzz of your opiate withdrawal medication, isn't going to get you the best responses. Again, I checked, and what I have said isn't an attack. Hopefully someone who agrees can chime in, but until then, go ahead and be all butt-hurt about it.

20. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

This thread is ridiculous.. U4ia called this fool out 100%.. you're just a junkie lookin for your next monkey...