why are you a vegetarian

Discussion in 'Animal Advocates Support' started by behindthesun93, Oct 5, 2008.

1. behindthesun93

behindthesun93 Member

I am because they do not treat their animals humanely... in the US, there is no definition of 'free range'. they can slap the label on the package, doesn't make it so. There is a farm across from my school [I board] and it's so pretty. there are fields and trees everwhere, and the cattle are very happy. and it is a meat farm. So there are farms that are free range. hell, I'd rather live there than in a house.

Some people are vegetarians because they do not like killing animals for meat. just the idea of death. some people [like me] don't like the idea of hanging an animal upside down and cutting their throat.
    My friend's dad was talking to me about kosher.. because I was wondering about the treatment of their animals. he was telling about how they kill their animals humanely... quick, painless. And yes, he and my friend are jewish.

now, if you knew the animal that was killed was killed humanely and had a very nice life living somewhere like the place I described.. would you eat the meat? I would. why or why not.

and why aren't vegetarians vegans? I need some insight.
    would you eat a fish that you would've caught if you went fishing?
    would you eat a turkey you killed when you went hunting?

why or why not.

2. stalk

stalk Banned

because the american food supply is poisoned.

3. behindthesun93

behindthesun93 Member

All natural, grass-fed beef doesn't have poison in it.

4. stalk

stalk Banned

great. I don't have any of that shit. Nor would I want it.

5. behindthesun93

behindthesun93 Member

then why post. :|
    whatever.

6. LSDMIKE

LSDMIKE Member

I have always made sure i never bought caged eggs it's wrong what is done to the chickens one day i'm going to go up to the farm and let bullets fly

7. behindthesun93

behindthesun93 Member

yeah, I don't eat the eggs from my school.. they come in CARTONS. from mass production factories.
    at home I get organic eggs.

8. jrnyman

jrnyman kermit

my body decided for me. i just started getting sick after I'd eat meat. started with beef and moved down the line. I like being a veg. cheaper, I feel better.

9. 420UFO

420UFO Member

Just recently I've begun slowly cutting meat out of my diet... I still have the occasional delicious steak (its soo good!!) and fish and chicken, but 90% of my diet is fruits and vegies. Meat always gives me a full belly and energy when i'm feeling hungry and weak.

10. ProfessorGroove

ProfessorGroove Member

I'm pretty sure Kosher animals are hung upside down and throats cut till they choke on their blood.

[​IMG]
    ^ Kosher

[​IMG]

^also kosher

I still don't get what's wrong with a .45 to the brain... quick painless and cheap

11. veroness

veroness There's only one :)

im a veggy because i listened to my boyfriend explain why he was one to me, and saw its very beneficial to the mind and body. i also have always enjoyed veggies growing up as a kid and never really enjoyed steak. i was willing to try something new and ive learned to love. if i had to go hunting for food, i would choose to gather plants then hunt and kill and eat a turkey. unless i saw a tofurkey running around. id eat that :)

12. behindthesun93

behindthesun93 Member

Oh, wow, thatnks for showing me that. pleasant.

But they cut the artery, and the animals pass out in about two seconds. Not saying any of this is humane, just saying they don't feel much pain when they die.

13. Slothy Bastard

Slothy Bastard Member

The less animals products i pollute my body with the more drugs i can pollute my body with!

And I would totally live hunter gatherer style if it were an option.

14. lostdazedintime

lostdazedintime Fucked in the head

screw that, Bear Owsley diet all the way!!

15. Agent R

Agent R Banned

I once thought about being a vegetarian, but then Al Gore told me that cow farts are putting a hole in the ozone layer. Now I do my part for the planet and eat those delicious bastards.

16. stazzy04

stazzy04 Member

Yeah, I definately became vegetarian first because of the health aspects and then the more studying I did, the way animals were treated when they were alive. And now I've done more studying on their deaths and I'm glad I'm vegetarian. Although I've only been so, for about 2 months.

My ultimate goal is to become vegan, but at this point in my life, its not quite logical. Because I am in college and am stuck eating dining hall food, and they just don't have anything vegan.

But something I have been fighting with is what if I caught the animal myself, like fishing? Cause I understand that killing to eat is a part of life, and that other animals have to do it. Its the food chain! But I think I'll just stick to no meat, to make my body healthier.

17. liberer

liberer Member

one night i was sitting out the back of a friend's place, tripping out on acid.. and he had a dog part of his family, she had three legs. and i just remember, patting her head and doing the doggie talk you do to dogs, and i looked in her eyes and man, it's like i could see into her head and her eyes told me she was sad.. i can't explain it, i even get the feeling now as i think about it, but i just started crying. and i just started thinking about all the animals in the world and how lonely some of them must be. and that, they're alive.. they have needs, they cry, they get sick, they feel lonely, they feel happiness.. we're all so alike, they even do talk and communicate, just a different way than us. you leave animals in the wild and they do what they need to do, and then we come and invade. it's all natural, we're all natural - before we let ourselves be consumed by man-made (not natural) things and we start to separate ourselves from the natural... well, my point is. i feel a bond of sharing and caring with animals, and i can't eat them because of that. but of course, you always get people asking you questions like 'what if they were gonna eat you?' or "don't you think it balances it all out?" "even if you don't eat it, everyone else is still eating it" blah blah blah. i don't care! i dont need to justify, i just need to do.

18. Woodpoppies

Woodpoppies Member

I always felt a connection with animals. I spent most of my childhood running around my grandparents house. They have a little more then 3 acres and they live right next to a big piece of land that is over 1000 acres of woods, hills of grass, creeks and a big lake, so I would go around observing nature and animals and bugs. Having that and plus going to the library every week to check out books on different types of animals kind of formed my connection and interest in other living creatures. Any who when I was 13 I stumbled across information and videos on the internet and then started educating myself and forming an opinion on the inhuman treatment of animals. Then coming to the conclusion that I was supporting all of this I wanted to do my best to become more part of the solution rather then ignore the truth.
    After reading a lot of information on the vegetarian diet and seeing a nutritionist and all of that I became a vegetarian at the age of 14. Ive now been a veg for 6 years and soon plan on making the change to vegan. Now that I am older I know for a fact I could never go back. It is more then the inhuman treatment of animals its the thought that I always have: what gives me the right? They are just like you and I. They have just the same right to live in harmony.
    I really like to be aware of what I am doing I don't want to live in some fake world pretending nothing is wrong.
    I believe we all need to be aware of what and who we effect.
    I don't see this as a inconvenience I see it as an awaking.
    I am sorry for going on and on didn't mean to leave you with a bio hahaha I just like to ramble lol!!

19. Disguised

Disguised Guest

I'm a vegetarian with a vegan diet, but I'm not a vegan. The reason? Avoiding animal products in EVERYTHING is really hard. I try my best to look at labels but sometimes animal products aren't even listed, or are in weird words that I don't know what they mean. I've got the food down fine, most of the time (at least where I live) there are vegetarian & vegan stickers on food packages. Still, it's not like shampoos, soaps, & cosmetics say vegan on them...well, not the ones around here.

Animals are the one thing keeping me here on this earth, I couldn't eat them. It would be like eating my best friend (if I had one).

20. JerryWobbles

JerryWobbles Member

im veg because....i dont like eating someone elses hormones....or the killing just to satisfy a craving? mostly because of health issues, but after bein veg a few years i started to realize that its much much more than just about my health issues...it goes waaay far beyond that.....