Weed Butter Recipie and Making Brownies

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by Startreken, Sep 21, 2008.

1. Startreken

Startreken Marijuana Chef!

I posted this message originally or for the most part on the Stoners Lounge Fourm but I wanted to start a new one here in the Marijuana Forums because everyone does not stop by the Stoners Lounge. I am going to post full details instructions sometime in a week or so with pictures but I wanted to put this, what I think to be a great success, out there. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

OK. Here is how it went. I made the pot butter using a little over an ounce of weed, mostly schwagg but with some kush but no more than 3 grams or so. Let's call it 30 grams total. I used 1 and a quarter pounds of a very nice salted butter made with a tripple cream. (Next time I might even bump it up another stick to One and a half pounds.) So, anyway that makes a grand total of 6 grams of weed per quarter pound of butter. Almost twice the amount of what some people say to use. I then used a double boiler method outside on my grill's burner. I did it outside only because it can smell a little, but if you have well ventilated house feel free to do it inside. I put salt in the water to raise the temprature of the boiling water so the butter would cook at a higher temprature as well. After I melted the butter in the bowl over the hot steam, because the bottom of a double boiler bowl should not touch the boiling water. I then put in the well ground weed and stirred it for 20 minuites. After straining though a wire basket and some cheesecloth. I ended up with some very beautiful green butter. I even did a quick taste test with some bread. It was very yummy. So because I had the time and I was happy with the results so far I decided to go ahead and make a batch of brownies.

So, here we go with the brownies. The mix only called for 3 ounces of butter which is three quarters of a stick of butter. So I figured we had about 4.5 grams of weed in the brownie mix. Based upon the above amounts. The butter was already melted so this was great time to start. I put the rest of the butter in the fridge to get solid. I then used two mini muffin pans to make the brownies so we could test just how strong it was and dose ourselves over time. I ended up with 24 of these. Doing the math I figured it would take somewhere around five or six of the mini brownies to equal about a little over a gram of weed. Or what would normally be about two to three pan style 2 inch by 2 inch squre brownies. There were four of us ready willing and able to eat. Well, I was trying to be a little smart about it so we started with only two just to see how strong they were. Within 20 minutes I felt something, a nice little head buzz. So after about 40 minutes we ate another 2. Again, the affects started with a nice body buzz kicking in about 20 minutes later. So by now we are all feeling pretty good. Very happy. That is when one of my friends says, "Let's top this off with some smoke.". Well it was like lighting a fuse on the whole trip. We were rolling and it was good. I did my stoned math and came up with the above number and then my friends are like "I smoke more than a gram in a nice joint, let's eat two more!" So, we ate two more of the mini brownies for a total of six and some smoke. We were baked beyone all recognition.

I had to come into work today and I still feel a little stoned, and that was twelve hours after I took my last brownie. It's kind of like that feeling when you just start to feel stoned. A light head feeling. Kinda nice, even now.

It was a great experiment and I still have almost a whole pound of butter to cook with. I am looking forward to making something else. So, I still want to hear suggestions.

Now, I took a ton of pictures. Almost 50 or so. I am going to create a thread on how I made the butter and how I made my bownies including picutes and exact directions. Keep an eye out for it. I will post it in the Marijuana forum. I hope it will rate a sticky.

I think this method works so much better than the other ones I have seen on youtube and elseware. The big plus of this method is that you can make the food right away without having to wait for the butter be be solid. I also feel that there is some loss of weed when water is used. This stuff is very strong and I used mostly schwagg. I figured I spent a little more than $20.00 total in weed for the amount I used in these brownies.

There are other bennifits of this method as well. For example, you will not have to make big batches of weed butter. Five or six grams of weed per stick of butter. After you strain out the weed you can use the same bowl used to make the butter in to make the bownie mix. That is after it cools off a little, but that does not take more than 10 minutes or so. Just long enough to pre-heat the oven. One stick of butter is enough for one batch of brownies. Even if it calls for less go ahead, live a little. Just make sure that this mix will let you use butter instead of oil. Like I said I will post all of this information very soon.

Thanks!

2. shamisen420

shamisen420 Member

good recipe- yet I'm weed-less T_T

3. soocersway2cool

soocersway2cool Member

my friend made a batch of brownies w/ an ounce of dank. not quite sure how much butter it was, but they were fuckin potent as hell. I ate half a brownie and smoked a few bowls and was GONE all night

4. Startreken

Startreken Marijuana Chef!

Yeah, I like to think that if you get stoned with a joint, and the average joint is 1 gram then the normal serving size should equal one joint. So if it takes one stick of butter to make a batch and you are going to make a batch for 5 people then I would suggest using 5 grams of weed per one stick of butter. This high can last a long time. I was still a little stoned all of the next day on my last batch.

5. thisisme5

thisisme5 Herbal enthusiast

Awesome recipe keep posting recipes as you make things