has anyone heard of a painkiller Ketorolac (toradol)

Discussion in 'Pharmaceuticals' started by kil0, Sep 18, 2008.

1. etkearne

etkearne Resident Pharmacologist

^ It is simply your view that an opioid high is "Bullshit." I would not come to the conclusion that everyone on Earth should feel that way...your way. Some of us may even find a marijuana high "less than perfect." And they are entitled to that opinion. But, to bring it up when it doesn't merit it (discussing Toradol of all random things), simply is inflammatory (pun intended) and not very mature.

2. deleted

deleted Visitor

Im not trying to call you out on this,, but being that your only 23yrs old and on Suboxone therapy.. dont make you a very good source of reliable information, especially when it comes to drug chemistry...

3. etkearne

etkearne Resident Pharmacologist

Actuallly...it is quite clear you are "trying to call me out". And you are lumping Suboxone users into a pigeon-hole, which is hasty. And how this relates to my knowledge of drug chemistry, I have no idea. There is literally no connection there. Plus, when were we discussing drug chemistry? I will gladly debate it, however, actually being quiet adept with a working knowledge of psychopharmacology.

However, you seem as though you would not be open to an unbiased conversation, so I end it here. I will not reply to anything further in this thread.

4. Shivaya

Shivaya Y'a rien de trop beau pour la classe ouvrière.

NSAID...ibuprofen (advil) is a NSAID.... I dont know about you buy advil isnt that gangsta IMO...

5. deleted

deleted Visitor

yes I would lump you all into a pigeon hole if thats what you want to call it.. :rolleyes:

The medical community treats you all with the highest respect for something you people done to yourselves. Abused opiates and now get another free crackerjack prize that just mimics Heroin .. great, maybe you think Im blind. But Ive read more boards than this one. Hey Im subs one minute, back on dope the next.

Someone seeking pain management. May just want to get on with their life not be stuck, sedated vomiting all over the place, back and forth to doctors for something that just becomes a revolving door of addiction..

Ive been to the hospital plenty times when they suggested Demerol and I said no I got to drive I got shit to do 2IV sol Toradol and boom back in business, I already have oxy @ home . Do you think im kinda spring chicken or something?/ Im a vet with scars of war that do no show on the outside.

The question was
    the answers were..

Its SUCKS , Its Garbage, Didnt Get me High.. ect..

When you seemed to be following me when I pointed out the Facts.. Toradol is a short term NSAID, and I dont want opiates interfering with my marijuana high...

and opiates suck..

You should use them short term to get the best out of them...

6. kimmi21elaine

kimmi21elaine Guest

dude shoot the dilaudid up!!! heard its better than dope!

7. Tw1zZ

Tw1zZ Member

That was posted in 2008, you should look at the date something was posted before you reply to it. I've gotten in trouble for that before, so I just wanted to let you know.

Sorry, guess I should have sent this as a pm...

8. deleted

deleted Visitor

as well, myself calling out on the poster etkearne, let me clearly put this here.
    Etkearne knows his shit about the biomechanics of opiate and other substances...

9. Smartnurse

Smartnurse Guest

I found this site while looking for information on Toradol for a patient.
    YOU ARE ALL DUMB BITCHES BY DOCUMENTING YOUR ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES ON THE WEB. JUST SAYING....STUPID,STUPID,STUPID

10. 2733

2733 Members

I have heard of it. It's been around a long time. I've used it and absolutely nothing happened even at high doses. But I had never heard until this forum, that Hydrocodone is amplified by Phenergan.haven't tried that yet, anybody else you know anything about it?

11. 2733

2733 Members

One person says good stuff about Toradol, and another says it's just a waste of time. Everybody's chemical balance is different than anyone else's. So what works on one person may not work on another.for instance I tried Geodon,as a muscle relaxer. The doctor put me on it instead of soma which became a schedule two or three drug anyway. I had the lowest dose of Geodon and it wiped me on my ass! I slidout of my chair onto the floor, trippin I didn't even know where I was or what I was doing! My husband dump me in the bed sitting up.apparently I fell asleep or just stayed in the zone, and was sitting up the very next morning in the same position. I know for other people that had the same thing happened to them. I gave some to my brother and he says it just helps them sleep good.that's why everybody's chemistry is different. Gia Don isn't even a scheduled drug! What it did to me, would make it a schedule to drug at least!

12. happydude_60

happydude_60 Senior Member

I generally don't like NSAIDS, mainly because they just don't work that well for the type of pain that I have. I take half of an aspirin per day to help prevent a heart attack, but that's about it. I've heard of Toradol, and I believe it's the most potent NSAID available. I've never taken it, but I do have experience with one type of NSAID that will definitely get you buzzed and works very well for certain types of pain, such as arthritis and gout. It's called Indomethacin (Indocin), and it's a very powerful anti-inflammatory. Back in '94-'95 before I was actually diagnosed with gout, I was having ankle sprains that brought on gout attacks. I would be laid-up for sometimes 2 months at a time. I didn't know it was gout though. My doctor at the time was cheap, but not very good. He never even thought of gout. I had a pre-existing problem with my right ankle, and it was very easy to sprain it, so my doctor just assumed these episodes were sprains and nothing else. He prescribed Tylenol #3 and 50mg Indomethacin 4x per day. But it was so bad I would take 3-4 Indo's at a time and it was fantastic. You have to be really careful with it though and take it with plenty of water, because it can really mess your stomach up. It's not meant for long-term use because of the side effects, but for a temporary condition such as a gout attack it's better than narcotics and it gives you one hell of a buzz. 200mg of that stuff will flat out knock you out.

When I was finally diagnosed with gout at the VA in '97 they put me on Colchicine short-term and then Allopurinol, which has reduced the attacks by about 90% or better. I still have to be careful with the ankle, because if I sprain it the gout will set in about a week later. But when the attacks do occur they're much milder than they used to be. That was pure hell. Thank God for Allopurinol.

13. bigrapp12

bigrapp12 Members

Toradol is garbage that is what they give people in the E.R. that the doctor thinks is drug seeking. Its basically Ibuprofen, I don't believe Toradol comes in a pill tramadol does but not Toradol. Anyway Toradol is a waste of time if your trying to get high. Hope this helped. Peace

1 person likes this.
  14. JruggzRgoodMK

JruggzRgoodMK Members

First let me say I do not care for opiate highs. Never have tried heroine though. And when ive visited the ER it wasn't too seek drugs as that's what my dealer is for. But i damn sure have been seeking pain relief. In fact i typically won't go unless i can't stand my pain. With that said, they knew i was high on meth the time i got a toradol shot. And it was really on in my addiction so i wasn't accustomed to fluid intake much less eating as opposed to now. Taking all that into consideration, I quite liked how it made me feel. In fact, i remember giggling after it kicked in and asking the nurse if the dr would give me an Rx for it.

I'm by no means a light weight either. My bf has "gone easy" so many times when giving me something new always saying he doesn't want to give me more than i can handle. I generally roll my eyes and wait endlessly for a high that never hits believing he just jewed me for his benefit. Later i find out that my dose typically should affect someone of my size.

Anyhow, my bf visited the ER last night and specifically asked for nonNarc. They said they'd give toradol. He was passing kidney stones so was skeptical of its effectiveness. He was quite pleased by its pain relieving ability and enjoyed the high as well.

15. JruggzRgoodMK

JruggzRgoodMK Members

And it absolutely does come in pill form. Unlike my experience after receiving the shot, he was prescribed it.

16. Sam Stone

Sam Stone Members

Ketorolac is just a NSAID aka a non steroidal anti- inflammatory drug in the same class of non- opiate, non narcotic drugs like acetaminophen (Tylenol) and advil( ibuprofen) and it is sometimes given intramuscular at hospitals to people in mild pain who have already been given opiates or who they suspect are drug seekers..

17. happydude_60

happydude_60 Senior Member

When I made my last post I hadn't tried Toradol. Now I have. Back in Feb. I had an abscessed tooth that was killing me. I went to the ER, and told the Dr. that I was taking hydrocodone and it wasn't working for the pain. He didn't want to give me another narcotic, so I got antibiotics and a Toradol shot. I would say there is no recreational value to it, but it knocked the tooth pain right out, at least for a few hours.