• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Ash_Freakstreet

Ash_Freakstreet

Hmm.... GROOVY!

• Members
  • 6,866 posts

Posted September 17 2004 - 05:27 PM

I have heard that people on an acid-trip repeatedly have hallucinations of shapes and colors that resemble the Mandelbrot Set Fractal. Is that true?

#2 eat_some_LSD

eat_some_LSD

• 1,506 posts

Posted September 17 2004 - 10:13 PM

The Mandle-wha?

I see fractals alot, though; along with tracers, oil spills, cells absorbed in liquid, etc...
Scott: Okay, Houston. As I stand out here in the wonders of the unknown at Hadley, I sort of realize there's a fundamental truth to our nature. Man must explore.

#3 TreePhiend

TreePhiend

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted September 18 2004 - 07:20 PM

I usually see all kinds of crazy patterns. Usually more like a crazy, shifting, see through tapestry.
Buy the ticket, take the ride!

#4 charredacacia

charredacacia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted October 06 2004 - 01:57 PM

I usually see all kinds of crazy patterns. Usually more like a crazy, shifting, see through tapestry.

Exactly... so yes
Posted ImageSo sayeth messiah in training.
I totally boned God.

#5 MrSoul

MrSoul

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted October 12 2004 - 11:25 PM

On strong acid, it is very common to see the standard tapestry round thing (mandala, dharma wheel, whatever) as well as many different kinds of geometric patterns, definitely including fractals like the mandelbrot...at least for me, acid is so person specific it's really hard to say exactly what anyone might see...each time has been very different for me, in some ways.

#6 cataclysmic cognition

cataclysmic cognition

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted January 26 2009 - 10:11 AM

i think the visuals can resemble many different types of fractals. some of my trips have been full of snowflake fractals, others are more like mandlebrots, or spider web like fractals...

#7 Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer

• 13,332 posts

Posted January 26 2009 - 10:47 AM

You don't need acid to see fractals all around you :)

Fishermans-Cottage-on-the-Cliffs-at-Vare

#8 Funkateer

Funkateer

To swing on the spiral

• Members
  • 1,549 posts

Posted January 26 2009 - 11:06 AM

On strong acid, it is very common to see the standard tapestry round thing (mandala, dharma wheel, whatever) as well as many different kinds of geometric patterns, definitely including fractals like the mandelbrot...at least for me, acid is so person specific it's really hard to say exactly what anyone might see...each time has been very different for me, in some ways.

Excellent post sir!
I see intense paisley fractals when I trip.
On very rare occasions I see mandalas
Its just not that strong here in Texas. :(
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]wrd