Mixing opiates (hydrocodone, oxycodone, codeine) & benzodiazepines (ativan, xanax)?

Discussion in 'Pharmaceuticals' started by patHAOomg, Sep 16, 2008.

1. patHAOomg

patHAOomg Member

I need some intelligent and honest feedback from anyone who is quite knowledgeable in the field of pharmaceauticals, like myself. If you don't know what you're talking about, then please don't reply to this and waste my time and yours. I would prefer feedback from an intellectual who has alot of experience in combining opiates and benzo's.

I have been prescribed lorazepam (ATIVAN), which is a benzodiazepine much like alprazolam, but not quite as strong. I am now prescribed Lortab 10's (10mg of Hydrocodone/500mg of Acetaminophen). I have mixed them at low doses (10mg of hydro and 1-2mg of lorazepam) with no problems when I was in pain and everything was gravy. I wasn't fucked up and I didn't really even feel anything at all, but I didn't feel bad and I wasn't in any pain. Now, I want to actually feel it and get good and fucked up. I'm in no pain and I just want to see what these two substances can do together...

I have a decent tolerance to opiates, especially oxycodone and hydrocodone. Not an insane tolerance, but a decent one. I need to take at least 20-25mg of Hydro to feel a small buzz and at least 15-20mg of oxy to feel anything at all.

I was thinking about taking 20-30mg of hydro and 2mg of lorazepam together, for starters.

will that be safe?

Let me know what you think or what you would do.

Thanks for the help....

2. kil0

kil0 The Rebel

yeah thats fine.

Basically, just take a lower dosage for both opiates and benzos. For example, if your oxy tolerance is 80mg, take about 40-60mg of oxy when combining with benzos. Also, dont take more than 2mg of xanax. Im not sure about ativan, I never tried it.

My tolerance to oxy is about 80mg to get high, and I've mixed 2mg of xanax with 80mg of oxy.

3. kil0

kil0 The Rebel

you look like an intelligent person, so I'll spare you the lecture about how dangerous mixing opiates and benzos is. Just becareful man.

4. Feelings Of U4ia

Feelings Of U4ia Senior Member

Yes, this will be safe. Considering you have a little tolerance to opiates, and you are perscribed to Ativan, so you are familiar with that, mixing them will be just fine. Just don't overdo it if you are worried. Maybe start out with a little less then what you plan on doing, and working yourself up each day, just to make sure you are comfortable with the combination of the two.

Be safe, and let us know how it goes.

Also, kil0, I would compare Ativan to like a low-dose xanax replacement. I agree with kil0, take HALF of your normal doses of both, because the high is MUCH different when combining them, and work yourself up from there. I think you are completely fine though, as you are experienced with both. Most people who get their selves into dangerous predicaments have no tolerance to either of the drugs they are combining, or maybe just a tolerance to one, and get knocked on their ass from combining both. Since you are fairly experienced with both, you will be fine.

5. patHAOomg

patHAOomg Member

oh, i'm definitely careful, man. that's my whole purpose behind posting this thread is to get info from other people about how much they generally use when combining benzos and opiates. thanks for your help, seriously. i just want to find a good mixer dosage for my ativan because i know my tolerance for hydro will grow even higher the more i use it, especially now that i'm prescribed the shit. I'll be taking it every day along with my ativan.

i figure that eventually, i'll just have to settle with a dosage and keep it there, because i believe that's how people OD. They just keeping pushing the boundaries of getting fucked up until it's over. when you're dealing with a tolerance, you will eventually reach a point where the dosage it takes for you to get fucked up will just plain kill you. lol.

but thanks again for your help and your concern. it means alot. :)

6. xexon

xexon Destroyer Of Worlds

Why are you trying to stop your heart?

x

7. patHAOomg

patHAOomg Member

thanks U4IA!!!

And I actually went ahead with it and I feel great so far. i just took 2 10's and 2mgs of ativan. i figured i'd start off small and work my way up. then you posted this reply, which is weird because you told me to take it slow lol.

but thanks for the feedback. i'll keep you posted.

i enjoy this forum. especially when i don't get replies from absolute retards hahaha :)

8. kil0

kil0 The Rebel

no problem god.

eventhough I have the biggest problem finding opiates, Im grateful Im not prescribed anything. Thats what's kept my tolerance down, if not I'd be at u4ia's level, taking like 300mg of oxy a day. thats insane. atleast he's prescribed his shit too. Im confused by people who got like 120mg+ daily habbit, and are NOT prescribed anything. How the hell can they afford to pay for that shit??

9. Feelings Of U4ia

Why do you not read the complete thread and leave some worthless comment? There are plenty of people who are perscribed to Benzo's AND opiates at the same time, myself being one of them. It can be dangerous, but not at lower levels and if you are experienced with both substances, so please stay away from this thread.

Thanks.

10. Feelings Of U4ia

That is why I joined, I couldn't stand the amount of false information and horrible advice that was being thrown around.

11. patHAOomg

patHAOomg Member

no clue, man. i'm the type that if i feel like my tolerance is getting too up there, i'll just stop everything but my lorazepam for a couple weeks. it sucks royal balls, but it's worth it by keeping my tolerance down. plus, i end up with a good bit of extra tabs that i can flip or just save. i would never let my oxy tolerance get past 50mg. there's no fucking way in hell. i can't even begin to imagine what the withdrawals from a 300mg habit must be like. insane indeed. i think i would die. and then wake up. and the fucking die again. haha. i mean, the most oxy i ever took was 90mg over like 10 hrs and i was next to death i believe.

i never have a constant connection for oxys anyway. i get roxy 30's once a month from a friend for free, but they only give me 10 of them, so i use them wisely. all in all, i realize that if i don't respect my tolerance, it won't respect me.

and XEXON, do me a favor... go fill your mouth with 3,000 cocks and shut the fuck up. if i wanted a reply like that, i would have just asked my fucking mom.

fucking cumchugging prick.

12. patHAOomg

patHAOomg Member

U4IA, thank you for being kick ass!!!!!! :):):):)

13. kil0

kil0 The Rebel

Man, I said the same thing. I used a roxi and a half (45 mg) once a week for like 2 months, and eventually it started going up to where its at now, like 60-80mg. Trust me man, theres nothing you can really do about tolerance, especially if your taking painkillers everyday. my tolerance eventually went up and I only used once a week, usually on fridays or saturdays.

LMAO, Im gonna start using that. cumchugger, LMFAOOOO :smilielol5:

14. ChromeHound

ChromeHound Member

Whoa, kilo. Your tolerance can go up even if you only use once a week? Fuck me. My tolerance isnt too high, but im at the 40mg mark to feel good and I need about 60-70 to have a decent night. I was doing this 2-3 times a week and my tolerance went up fast so I decided to use only once or twice a week to drop it, but shit, if the tolerance keeps going up is the only way to drop it by stopping all together?
    Sorry for being off-topic but im just curious.

15. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

I think your build up of "tolerance" from doing something once a week is also attributed to the fact that you probably over time started pushing your limits to get ever so higher.. i think sometimes "tolerance" is mistaken for what you're now use to..

16. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

It's safe to mix them benzos and opiates, as long as you keep the dosage right. It can be dangerous if you take too much of one or the other.

One of the best buzzes I've ever had was 80mg of oxy, 200mg of tramadol, and 2mg of xanax. There's no telling what would've happened to me if I had eaten as much xanax if I wanted to that night. lol

17. kil0

kil0 The Rebel

LOL nah man, trust me. You can ask u4ia how fuckin hard it is for me to find opiates. So for the millisecond that I had the connect for roxi30s, I would buy like 10 for 100 and I'd have to make those 10 last as LONG as POSSIBLE. Which meant doing once a week. I first started with 1 roxi, like 2 weeks later, 1 roxi didnt do it so I'd do 1 and a half roxis. And that worked out great for a while, like two months, all I needed was minimum 45mg and I felt great. But eventually my tolerance went up, and I'd do 45mg and it was a half-ass high, like I'd have a buzz but I knew if I did another 15mg it would be complete. and so on, until one night I reached like 105mg because I had used the day before and I got in a big ass fight with my family. I almost killed my little brother for stealing from me.

and from that night forward, that roxi and a half turned to 3 roxis a week (90mg). and Thats pretty much where it stayed until I wasnt able to find anything for a while. Then I came up on some OC80s, and I'd do 1 80 and be in heaven. I havent done opiates in like a month and a half, so Im hoping maybe 60mg will get me high, but my tolerance is probably still around 80.

dont worry about it bro, its a great question. and the answer isnt too good. Yeah man, the only way to get your tolerance to drop is stopping completely for a while, ateast 2-3 weeks, a month if you can. and then still, atleast for me, my tolerance would only go down by like 20mg.

18. rc_headache28

rc_headache28 Member

i tell you what i did a half of vicoden ten (5mgs) and half a xanax (.5mgs) and had a beer or two with some bong packs and i was fucked up nicely. Granted i dont do as many pharms as i used to so my tolerence isnt very big.

19. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

so tell me somethin quick.. Is Suboxone shit? or is it worth doing? its used for opiate addiction so is it like methadone or what?

20. Feelings Of U4ia

You won't be getting high from Suboxone like you do Methadone. Save it for people who really need to get off opiates, as that is what it's best for.