wooden tribal earrings

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by TangerineSoul, Sep 16, 2008.

1. TangerineSoul

TangerineSoul Member

I recently bought a pair of these earrings off ebay, and while for the first few days I absolutely loved them, they didn't last very long. They became very loose over a short time, and then the wood split along the hole and I can't wear them anymore.

http://cgi.ebay.com/HIPPIE-TRIBAL-W...39:1|66:2|65:12|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

I LOVE the style though, and wanted to know anywhere to find a pair of nice, quality ones that should last awhile. I'm not too picky in the design (any kind of spiral or twist is fine). Also, it'd be nice to find the ones that are only made to look like extenders, not ones that actually stretch your ear because I like to wear regular earrings too.

2. zilla939

zilla939 Thought Police Lifetime Supporter

you should gauge your ears if you wana rock that look :)

i got some wood spirals in an 8g which isnt that big but they look awesome and they are sturdy.

3. nakedtreehugger

nakedtreehugger craaaaaazy

i have this pair
    [​IMG]
    they come as small as 8 gauge, which is really not that big. if you had your ears at 8 gauge, you could easily wear regular earrings still, if they were the hook kind, and i don't think it would look wierd.

the same company also sells these
    [​IMG]
    they're in a 10 gauge, which is even smaller.

www.steelnavel.com is a great site for a lot of awesome body jewelry of all different types, for REALLY reasonable prices. i've been using them for a LONG time, and have always been happy with their prices and the quality of the stuff they sell. they have cool jewelry for really small gauges too, so you should check it out. :D

4. TangerineSoul

TangerineSoul Member

Thanks so much for the quick replies!

I definitely wouldn't mind that small of a gauge, like you mentioned, as long as I would be able to switch it to regular earrings if I wanted to. And nakedtreehugger, those two pairs are beautiful. I wear a lot of wooden jewelry (bracelets, necklaces) and have always thought these earrings looked fantastic on anyone I've seen with them.

I'll definitely be checking out that site, thanks a lot.

5. nakedtreehugger

nakedtreehugger craaaaaazy

no problem. they have fantastic jewelry at fantastic prices. and free shipping if you order over 25 bucks worth of stuff. it comes quick too. each of those pairs of wooden earrings is 12 bucks. you really can't beat that! :D

and really, if you want to wear jewelry of that style, you're gonna have to stretch your ears at least a little, cause the ones that are fake (i think they may have a few pieces in plug styles on steelnavel) are generally not well made, and don't stay looking good for long. as you unfortunately found out. :(

6. TangerineSoul

TangerineSoul Member

Thanks again nakedtreehugger, I love that site. I just picked out two different pairs and they are in my shopping cart. Only problem is, my total right now is 24.50 :p...so I'm looking to see if there's anything in the clearance section I want. Damn 50 cents.

In the meantime I will work on stretching my ears a bit, I ordered both a 10g and an 8g.

7. lgreen35

lgreen35 Guest

hello all,
    I wondered what kind of look you are after for the earrings? I like plain and simple myself----maybe a pearl and some gold.

I find there is usually a problem with silver for me, I seem to be allergic to a lot of it.

looking good.....south sea pearls