Methadone useage apposed to OxyC

Discussion in 'Opiates' started by mephist00, Sep 9, 2008.

1. mephist00

mephist00 Member

hey all

i usually do Oxy, 40-80mg's or 100mg morphine, i can do about 160mg of Oxy, and ill be fucked up, but not puking. to limit myself, i usually do 60MG of oxy.

i have 20 methadone, 10MG pills

now i always thought they were to get u off oxy/heroin ect..
    but i was told they will fuck you up..

what kind of high is it? is it worth taking, any comparision to oxy?

ive never taken methadone before.. ive tried suboxin, but it didnt do anything for me.

i want to know how it is, and what dose i should take :)
    thanks guys

2. Feelings Of U4ia

Feelings Of U4ia Senior Member

Not many people get a "high" off methadone, but I do, to be honest. It is more sedating then oxycodone, IMO. I have actually nodded out harder on methadone, then oxycodone, and my oxycodone dose is 240mg.

I would say, considering your tolerance to oxycodone, but also taking into consideration the fact that you naive to methadone, I would start out with 30mg, tops, because that is what they start you out with in the clinic.

One thing you NEED to remember, is that Methadone takes about 2 hours to fully effect you....so don't take it, and then an hour later decide it isn't hitting you like normal opiates do, and take another couple of pills. This is the single major reason why people OD on methadone, new users, not understanding it's power.

Try with 30mg, and about 2 hours later, if you aren't really feeling much, take another 10, at the most 20 more mg, and see how it works out. If you still didn't get much, which I doubt, then just wait until the next time you take Methadone, and start with a higher starting dose, maybe 40mg, or 50mg, and go from there.

Be careful, Methadone is nasty shit.

3. Guitar

Guitar Senior Member

If you don't use opiates often, methadone will fuck you the fuck up. Be careful with that shit though, it's a very easy drug to OD on, especially if you use alcohol or benzos on it. If your just tryin to feel normal, and better than you would usually, then I'd only do like 10 or 20 mgs a day, if your trying to get high I'd start with 30-40 and go from there. Also remember you can't do any normal opiates for a day or two, because it's a waste, methadone has a very long half-life, like suboxone, so it stays in your system for a long ass time.

4. mephist00

mephist00 Member

k cool, thanks, very good info guys..

and, ive been taking oxy's for about a year now.. most ive ever done is 5 80's in a day.. maybe more, but because the price and the availability, i have to limit myself to 2 80OC pills a day. ahh wish i had one :)
    i do 40-80 MG in one line, usully 40 now a'days..

so this does make you pretty much make u immune to other opiates..? that sucks hehe, cuz ill have oxy's on thursday.. im sure if i take the methadone tonight, ill be fine by thursday afternoon to take an oxy... maybe, right?

i havent taken any yet, had a 50mg morphine i took..

as for ingestion.. is methadone ok to snort?
    i have to ask, because i read all over the net.. some people say its ok to snort, others say it will have no effect if u snort it..

again, thanks for the info guys, i dont like taking pills/drugs without knowing about them first

5. Feelings Of U4ia

Methadone has blocking effects on other opiates...but only when you are taking like at least 70mg and over, from what I have heard, and experienced myself. Methadone will completely fuck up your tolerance for everything though, yes.

6. What??

What?? Member

Don't do methadone it is completely retarded I know alot of people that are addicted to them and take them regularly.

7. Feelings Of U4ia

Really? Newsflash everyone, opiates are ADDICTIVE NOW!

Jesus where do these trolls come from?

8. What??

What?? Member

no shit but I would consider at least being addicted to an opiate is somewhat worth it. To be addicted to something like methadone is just beyond gay.

9. What??

What?? Member

10. Feelings Of U4ia

What the hell do you think Methadone is?

It's not just some drug to get you off herion, it's actually used in treating pain, and does give you euphoria just as other opiates do...

11. mephist00

mephist00 Member

Ok..
    well i took one 10mg methadone last night around 3AM..
    and i didnt have any euphoric feeling .. however my urge to do oxy was slightly relieved..

but i just did 40MG of OC, and i feel great, it apparently didnt block any opiates..

on a side note:
    my dads GF takes methadone because she was addicted to heroin.. but she says methadone in high doses is better then heroin.. (she like stands up and passes out.. falls on her face, its kinda funny to me lol) and she also says it seems to be alot more addicting then the h boy.. so now shes going to a clinic to get off methadone lol

so im gonna save these methadones for when i go through some withdrawl (which rarely happens)

again thanks for your replies everyone..

12. What??

What?? Member

Smart choice. You will be glad you used your head.

13. Feelings Of U4ia

Yeah, coming off of Methadone is 20x more painful and excruciating then coming off of Oxycodone. The withdrawals from Methadone last SOOOO long, sometimes months, compared to the 10-15 days of Oxycodone WD.

Methadone works wonders for minor WD symptons from Oxycodone usage, so that is a smart choice to save them for when you need them!

Good luck.

14. mephist00

mephist00 Member

yea methadone is weird, it seems like its defeating its purpose.. i mean people take it to get off heroin/other opiates.. and end up getting addicted to methadone..
    people need to learn how to build up Willpower :) (i cant say to much, i am addicted.. but i dont freak out and sell everything i own.. ill just accept that i dont have any, and get on with the day)

but i guess its because the availability and the price that methadone its so widely used

one great thing is, i dont go through withdrawl symptons like some people.. most i get is aggravated, anxiety, and some pain.. id consider it minor.
    but i do use Oxy for pain, and to get high..
    i have many body problems :p surguery on shoulder, and soon, surgury on my back :( and oxy, is by far the best pain reliver ive had, ecspecially when you dont snort them and take like 2 80's, relives pain and lasts pretty long.

but yea, definitley just saving these for when i dont have oxy for a few days.
    thanks for wishin me good luck, and the replies everyone

best wishes for all of u
    regards
    -mephist0

15. Feelings Of U4ia

Yep, no problem. Good luck, let us know how the Methadone worked for the WD's. I used to have a really good regimen. I would take Oxycodone every day for about two weeks until my supply ran out. Wait 2 days until the WD's started, then take about 60mg of methadone for 2 days. After that, I wouldn't take anything else, and the WD's never came back.

Worked good for a couple months until my Oxycodone tolerance went up. =/

16. mephist00

mephist00 Member

hey guys

well i got my OC today, and while i didnt have it..
    the methadone did help, i took 30MG's, and i felt fine for 2 days.. i dont have bad wD's, but it definitely took my mind off the OC

i got a Oxy the day after i posted this, and i took 1 methadone.. later in the day i took the oxy, and i felt good.. isnt methadone spose to block certain opiats from your receptors?

oh, and again, thx for all the help/support guys :)

peaceee!!

regards
    -mephist0

17. Feelings Of U4ia

Methadone doesn't start to block other opiates until higher doses upwards of 60mg+...