Ingredient check (damn.)

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by phen, Jul 31, 2008.

1. phen

phen Member

So yeah when i finally decided to check the ingredients of my shampoo which is called "pure nature", I was like WHUH?

I can already tell it's bad, but i'm gonna write them down to maybe get some more info on how bad is it.

Ingredients how they are displayed on the bottle (the calendula one..there's different ones like nettle and stuff):

aqua(duh), sodium laureth sulfate, lauryl glucoside, peg-7 glyceryl cocoate, cocamidopropyl betaine, calendula officianalis, sodium chloride, peg-90 glyceryl isostearate (and) laureth-2, parfum(wtf), citric acid, guar hydroxypropyltrymonium chloride (o_o), sodium hydroxymethylglycinate, ethyl linoleate, ethyl linoleNate, ethyl oleate, panthenol, tocopheryl acetate, glycerin, disodium edta, hexyl cinnamal, limonene

anyway *scared* ... sounds like naming it "pure nature" is a load of crap, though i know it's mostly my fault for not checking.

been over 13 months with this Å¡ampoo now...dunno, might be the reason my dreads are kinda messy? although i dunno, everything felt right and awesome before i started thinking about that.

hehe, thanks and love to whoever reads through these and understands anything =P

2. jahmerimaka

jahmerimaka Member

yeahh that would have scared me reading that. i dont know what anything on that list is... but i'm sure your fine, aslong as you still have hair and especially if your dreads held. maybe its just time to switch shampoos.

3. phen

phen Member

Yeah I'd switch if I had something else to choose from...Estonia is a small country :p. There's gotta be something though so ima keep looking. There used to be this ..clay (a special one)...that some dreadheads used and they said it's awesome...but the store went bankrupt.

Anyways yeah i still have my hair (on a sidenote i rarely ever notice some hairs falling out) and the dreads are mostly ok, except the loose hairs which probably cant even be called frizz, just plain loose hairs. They feel and smell awesome too after washes, but that's pretty obviously normal.

4. ShortyAH

ShortyAH Member

That shampoo looks evil haha, mine is done of sea water, olive oil, sodium hydroxide and sodium carbonate

5. LiquidSoul

LiquidSoul Member

LOL get rid of that stuff right away man. The only ingredients I recognize in there are water and glycerin. That is in no way "pure" or "natural"......

6. LiquidSoul

LiquidSoul Member

If your shampoo is leaving residues, it can make the hairs stick together rather than actually knotting up. get yourself an ORGANIC non-residue shampoo that doesn't leave fragrances or anything.

7. phen

phen Member

That's the weird part...i dont notice any residues or anything weird...hair's clean as a whistle after washes...although i always rinse with LOADS of very hot water. And im pretty sure it's knotting not sticking together, but ofcourse you're right, gotta get rid of it and find something new..which is the hard part. The hair just gets pretty fluffy and soft after washes...which too sounds normal to me.

8. ShortyAH

ShortyAH Member

with better soap your dreads might knot even more and look better

9. pypes

pypes Hot alien babes

I seem to remember reading sodium laureth sulfate being a no no for dreads, but i couldnt tell you where or why. I think its the stuff that gives shampoos that marbled effect.

10. jahmerimaka

jahmerimaka Member

you can always find some guides on making your own all natural soap.