• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Geneity

Geneity

self-proclaimed advocate

• Members
  • 6,653 posts

Posted July 25 2008 - 04:38 PM

So as people might know, I absolutely love amphetamine. Amphetamine is alpha-methyl-phenethylamine. I was wondering on the ridiculous off chance that anyone had heard of or maybe even tried Diamondina? It's said to slow Monoamine oxidase enzymes, producing stimulant effects in man. Amphetamine, in high doses, does the same thing and is even said to be an MAOI.

I just wonder if it's as recreational as Amphetamine and I'm going to continue to research and see if there might be a way to convert amphetamine into diamondina.

Posted Image
Diamondina

Posted Image
Amphetamine

The fuck is that squiggly line?

A little reading on Bluelight has found that it's pretty terrible at affecting DA or SE in reuptake or release. DA is the primary reason amphetamine is so fun. People say it's as good a decongestent as amphetamine, and that it's actions are mostly noradrenergic. A stimulant with all the stimulation and none of the euphoria. That sounds annoying as hell honestly, lol.

Anyone tried it?

#2 pedaltopedal

pedaltopedal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted July 26 2008 - 01:03 AM

A stimulant with all the stimulation and none of the euphoria. That sounds annoying as hell honestly, lol.

LOL
That's pretty much the same conclusion I've come to after reading/researching up on it a bit. Damn.

Apparently, it's also been found to occur naturally "in many acacia" species (according to wikipedia). So possibly it could be extracted and isolated for further research if one was so inclined.

#3 Geneity

Geneity

self-proclaimed advocate

• Members
  • 6,653 posts

Posted July 26 2008 - 08:01 AM

Yeah. But there's also a lot of other alkaloids in acacia trees. DMT, Nicotine, amphetamine, methamphetamine, 5-MeO-DMT, mescaline, ect.

#4 moomooman

moomooman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted August 03 2008 - 06:39 PM

not all acacias have all those chemicals in them. and i hear about some speculation about if the findings of meth and other amphetamines in acacia berlandieri and acacia rigidula are valid or not. i hope its true, but still i hear a lot of speculation that it was a fluke or contaminated testing supplies. personally i dont think its that far fetched though, i mean acacia's make a bunch of other alkaloids, why is it so suprising they have amphetamines you know? acacias are my favorite bunch of trees and shrubs because of this though. i remember when i found out about the beta-methyl-phenethylamine in acacias, and i went to the acacia tree one of my neighbors has that looked like one of the ones that only had it as its main alkaloid and harvested a bunch of leaves from it. i tried to smoke them and drink them in a tea to see if anything would happen but was unsuccesful. i probably didnt do it right or had a wrong species. could you tell me how i could maybe do a better extraction or something? i mean this plant is literally right next door to my house.

#5 Geneity

Geneity

self-proclaimed advocate

• Members
  • 6,653 posts

Posted August 03 2008 - 06:54 PM

Well what concentrations are these alkaloids there anyway, and in what parts of the tree?

#6 moomooman

moomooman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted August 03 2008 - 07:12 PM

well if the acacia by me is the one i think it is, beta-methyl-phenethylamine is the only active alkaloid. so im guessing at about 1 to 2 percent tops. i tried the leaves and the stem they came on, but i guess that it could be in the bark or in the flowers which i didnt have a chance to try out. would it be soluble in the same things as amphetamine or what? i mean amphetamine is alpha-methyl-phenethylamine.

#7 Geneity

Geneity

self-proclaimed advocate

• Members
  • 6,653 posts

Posted August 03 2008 - 07:25 PM

I dunno. Guess the weight of the tree and take 1-2% of that, haha. Amphetamine is lipophilic.