• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Wanttobenude-Keith

Wanttobenude-Keith

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted July 24 2008 - 12:55 PM

I'm a closet nudist and I'm looking for some help, you see I want to tell my parents that I'm into nudism though my family isn't the most open minded when it comes to nudity and nudism.

How should I go about telling them?

All help is greatly appreciated

#2 SashaK

SashaK

Tangerine Skies

• Members
  • 1,276 posts

Posted July 24 2008 - 01:04 PM

Just show up to a family reunion Naked.....

haha no man just sit down and tell them.. and finish it with at least im not gay
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Back from the rabbit hole

#3 Shale

Shale

Lifetime Supporter

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • 4,543 posts
  • LocationMiami Beach

Posted July 24 2008 - 02:42 PM

You could get some background info about naturism, which is not such a taboo thing in Europe as it may be in North America. There are lots of nudists in Canada 'cause all of Canada seems to inhabit our nude beach here in South Florida during the winter months. :rolleyes:

There's a lot of sites online. Try The Naturist Society or Florida Naturist Association, South Florida Free Beaches. Get some info on how normal it is and maybe it will allay some of their initial misgivings.
Posted Image
If it's the Right Direction - Swim Upstream

#4 pharmer420

pharmer420

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted July 25 2008 - 04:28 AM

IMHO - some things are better left unsaid. What you do and enjoy does not always need to be shared with others. My grilfriend and i frequent nudist resorts often but i would never tell my parents. We just say we are going on vacation for a few days and leave it at that. Some times what people don't know won't hurt them. Good luck with what ever you decide.
"I want to dance beneth a diamond sky with one hand waving free"----Bob Dylan

#5 Son of John

Son of John

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted July 25 2008 - 06:14 AM

I agree with the post above. Why tell them? You are nearly an adult. You will be going away to school soon. You don't tell them everything else about your private life. You probably don't discuss masturbation with them either.

They probably would not receive the news well, so do them a favor and keep it to yourself.

#6 Jedite83

Jedite83

Lover of Meet

• Members
  • 1,158 posts

Posted July 25 2008 - 08:49 AM

:iagree:
If you do decide to tell them..I would recommend wearing pants.
You don't have to tell them at all. it's your life after all and you don't need their approval. If you do tell them, I wish you the best of luck on it.
"No trees were harmed in the production of this post. However, several electrons were severely inconvenienced"

#7 scratcho

scratcho

Lifetime Supporter

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • 10,639 posts

Posted July 25 2008 - 10:26 AM

It's always wise to wear pants when discussing anything with your parents.

#8 Spirit Wynd

Spirit Wynd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted July 25 2008 - 05:38 PM

It can be difficult to tell parents things you know they don't understand, and even harder for them to listen until you're done explaining. So it's up to you to enlighten them...
Got time for an off school book report?
Gather some facts, incorporate your views and beliefs and write it on paper, not too long, maybe a page or so. This way they'll be told without interrupting you or giving their two cents before you finish.

Maybe, instead of telling them you're a nudist, just write general knowledge about it,including some highlighted facts, include your general ideas without out right admiting it and have discussion when they're in a good mood. You can say you're flirting with the idea of it.

This way you'll get a definate respose on their views and if they over react, then you can stay in the closet to avoid any parental units coming down on you, until old enough when they can't stop you.

Just a thought...
Peace

#9 Wanttobenude-Keith

Wanttobenude-Keith

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted August 04 2008 - 11:24 AM

Thanks for the help all, I really appreciate it

Keith

(P.S. I found a PDF doc that might help my case it is titled "205 reasons to go nude")

#10 Shale

Shale

Lifetime Supporter

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • 4,543 posts
  • LocationMiami Beach

Posted August 04 2008 - 02:29 PM

(P.S. I found a PDF doc that might help my case it is titled "205 reasons to go nude")

Hah! That is all over the Web in many different languages. It is put out by the Naturist Society and is full of quotes from everyone in history who has ever commented on nudism (including yours truly a couple of times - Look for Rob Boyte).
Posted Image

#11 Punjon

Punjon

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted August 10 2008 - 08:41 PM

Just say "I like going nude." - that's how I've approached every topic with my parents, and it's always turned out to get clear agreements. Except my mom, she's a tad on the emotional side.

#12 Roffa

Roffa

• 1,598 posts

Posted August 11 2008 - 04:58 AM

Leave copies of H&E lying around in your bedroom.

Wear your pants so low it's obvious you don't have a tan-line.
I'm bruised inside from the punches I've pulled. (Kevin Whelan)

#13 Wanttobenude-Keith

Wanttobenude-Keith

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted August 15 2008 - 04:52 PM

I have finally told my parents I'm nudist and guess what, THEY ACCEPTED IT AND EVEN ALLOWED IT (A total shock to me to be honest), now I can't go nude around my house sadly :( although I can be nude whenever I'm in my room (luckily I have a bathrobe for when someone knocks on my door).

#14 BarePixels

BarePixels

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted August 19 2008 - 04:26 AM

I have finally told my parents I'm nudist and guess what, THEY ACCEPTED IT AND EVEN ALLOWED IT (A total shock to me to be honest), now I can't go nude around my house sadly :( although I can be nude whenever I'm in my room (luckily I have a bathrobe for when someone knocks on my door).

That's really great news; it's surprising how many people aren't phased by the idea, even if they don't understand or share it themselves. And who knows, as they get more used to the idea, they might start allowing you to be nude around the house too. You could try walking round with just a towel on, or just your shorts, and see how they react to it. Eventually they may just say "go for it".

My wife was initially very unsure about me being nude in our back garden, but now she is completely okay with it. And she is so used to seeing me nude around the house that she actually questioned why I was clothed recently, and told me to get undressed as it seemed "weird" for me to not be naked.

#15 angel_wings

angel_wings

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted August 20 2008 - 02:50 AM

wow great news!

i told my mum when i was 15, one of the best decisions of my life. even though she hasn't always fully understood and we havent always agreed about it, its meant i got to grow into myself with freedom to be who i am.

#16 Wanttobenude-Keith

Wanttobenude-Keith

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted August 20 2008 - 09:44 AM

I am glad at all the positive feedback I'm getting, and I admit being nude alone is a great feeling though I want to get more into the social aspect of it, although from what my parents said; (they told me that the resorts aren't geared toward the younger generation), it sounds kinda daunting and I would like to be around my peers who share the same mindset about nudity; no offence to the older generation though.

#17 Wanttobenude-Keith

Wanttobenude-Keith

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted September 20 2008 - 10:42 AM

Lately I have been thinking that maybe it is best to be around the older generation nude wise, as they would be able to help understand alot of my many questions about it.

#18 Amontillado

Amontillado

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 550 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted September 22 2008 - 06:22 PM

OK, there is a thriving naturist organization in Canada, the Federation of Canadian Naturists (and there's a Fédération Québécoise de Naturisme too). You might look into the FCN, and try to find out if there's any kind of special consideration given to young people. It really is a concern for naturists that so few of the next generation seem to want to get involved, and if you showed some interest I'm sure they'd cherish you and try to get you linked up with any others around your age. You know, encouraging you to participate in the overall movement but mostly socialize with people like yourself. Everyone would understand that you'd feel more comfortable that way. Generally naturists seem to be pretty reasonable people who are all about accepting everyone, and it's well known that Canadians are the most reasonable people of all (cough, cough).

See http://www.fcn.ca/
How many times do I have to tell you kids to quit perning in that gyre?

#19 tonynaturalist

tonynaturalist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted September 27 2008 - 01:49 PM

Keith = congrats!!! - by the comment your parents made about the resorts ..ut seems they know abit about nudism. You are right. Learn from older gen. they welcome younger gens in their clubs and resorts. Everyone in our movement is very nice to yournger generations. Your parents may undertand it better with time and may joint too. Cheers

#20 The Center

The Center

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted October 02 2008 - 02:39 AM

I am nude all the time exept when I am in there line of sight, then it is just too weird.

#21 Omar El Cubano

Omar El Cubano

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted August 31 2009 - 11:39 AM

I'm a closet nudist and I'm looking for some help, you see I want to tell my parents that I'm into nudism though my family isn't the most open minded when it comes to nudity and nudism.

How should I go about telling them?

All help is greatly appreciated

I feel your pain dude, I havent told my parients I'm a Nudist eaither, they wouldnt handle it too good.

#22 noodist_jen

noodist_jen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted August 31 2009 - 03:09 PM

Keith = congrats!!! - by the comment your parents made about the resorts ..ut seems they know abit about nudism. You are right. Learn from older gen. they welcome younger gens in their clubs and resorts. Everyone in our movement is very nice to yournger generations. Your parents may undertand it better with time and may joint too. Cheers

:) I found that just being nude in a place that was acceptible was more important to me than being around my own age group. And wow, what a growth experience too, being around all those people with so much experience. Oh, they'll share some great lessons, and jokes, and all the while, you're also growing more and more comfortable in your skin. By the time I went to college, I was just open, and completely unashamed of being a nudist.

#23 sir jerks alot

sir jerks alot

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted September 03 2009 - 08:57 AM

IMHO - some things are better left unsaid. What you do and enjoy does not always need to be shared with others. My grilfriend and i frequent nudist resorts often but i would never tell my parents. We just say we are going on vacation for a few days and leave it at that. Some times what people don't know won't hurt them. Good luck with what ever you decide.

i'm sure that will come to bit you eventually like you are going to be needed for a family emergency and they are going to show up to the place you are

#24 Shale

Shale

Lifetime Supporter

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • 4,543 posts
  • LocationMiami Beach

Posted September 03 2009 - 09:53 AM

... I found a PDF doc that might help my case it is titled "205 reasons to go nude"

Yeah, that is put out by The Naturist Society and has quotes on nudism by many different writers and philosophers, including one Rob Boyte. :rolleyes:

That has also been translated into several languages. My Russian boss really liked the translation I showed her with Rob Boyte as the author. I'm quoted twice in it, from my column Nude Attitude.

BTW, those advising not to tell your parents may be right if you are still dependent on them. However, I can't see anyone living on their own not telling their parents who they are - even if you know your parents disagree with it.

I have been out as a nudist for years, since that first group skinny dip at The Atlant Pop Festival in 1970. And, since I write for nudist publications there is no hiding it 'cause anyone Googling my name will find some reference to nudism (and one full frontal pic that the publisher of Naturally magazine put on the Web.)

Luckily, I don't plan to run for public office in America altho I should just to shake things up. (Oh, yes I also inhaled).
Posted Image

#25 nldn

nldn

• 1,643 posts

Posted September 13 2009 - 12:13 AM

I decided not to tell them and accept the restrictions on nudity that this brings- the same approach as pharmer420.

#26 hv444

hv444

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted October 17 2009 - 05:50 PM

i wouldnt tell them if i was you....but if you do maybe theyll tell you that their nudists to