• Members
  • PipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted July 22 2008 - 10:40 PM

Well I just looked it up at another few forums and here is what I got:

INFO

5-ht2a receptor agonist
® isomer is more potent
Binding affinity for 5-HT2A receptor is 13 +/- 2 nM (Ki [125I]DOI).

bear with swim, his chemistry is not too good, It seems that this chemical is not an analoug of LSD as it doesn't have any C or D rings like LSD. It looks like a 5-methoxylated chemical because of it's structure.

(Swim looked this up all morning please correct and explain to swim if wrong but)

the alpha methyl is extended and attached to an amine with one more methyl group making it a 5 position... but apparently there is an 4-ho positioned one of lucigenol... this gets more and more confusing.

This is not swims area of expertise but this chemical really caught swims ears and eyes.

Dose is reported as so
0.5mg active, 1.0-1.5mg seem to be psychedelic doses.

Duration
heard eight to six ours.

Effects (still not too documented)
OEV/CEV
sedating feeling
Anxiety swim has heard is high with this one.

On the site, they said the effects were very similar to LSD, just more sedative. Never heard of this until now either, sounds good, but probably expensive...
Posted Image

#3 Toejam

Toejam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted July 23 2008 - 01:41 AM

This is what Wikipedia has to say about it:

4-Hydroxy-N-methyl-(α,N-trimethylene)tryptamine (also known as ®-3-(N-methylpyrrolidin-2-ylmethyl)-4-hydoxyindole and Lucigenol) is a tryptamine derivative that is a hallucinogenic drug. It was developed by the team led by David Nichols from Purdue University in the late 1990s. This compound produces hallucinogen-appropriate responding in animal tests with a similar potency to the amphetamine derived hallucinogen DOI, and has two enantiomers, with only the ® enantiomer being active.[1]
Posted Image

#4 Geneity

Geneity

self-proclaimed advocate

• Members
  • 6,653 posts

Posted July 23 2008 - 02:22 PM

Yeah. I have one vendor selling Lucigenol. I think i read up about it over at bluelight and wrote it off. That and that vendor only sells a gram for like some ridiculous price.

#5 Toejam

Toejam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted July 24 2008 - 07:31 AM

^^Yeah, same here.

It doesn't really sound all that interesting really.....

#6 Geneity

Geneity

self-proclaimed advocate

• Members
  • 6,653 posts

Posted July 24 2008 - 10:31 AM

Yeah, especially with all the crazy RC's all over the place.

#7 Mystical815

Mystical815

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted July 25 2008 - 04:32 AM

yeah i think I got the same vendor the price is ridiculous especially after the currency exchange, im still a little interested but theres hardly any info on it and I read BL drugforums and some other things on it still no clear effects known so thats still on the bottom of my list. I was hoping someone here might've tried it and have something original to say????? thanks anyways

#8 Geneity

Geneity

self-proclaimed advocate

• Members
  • 6,653 posts

Posted July 25 2008 - 11:49 AM

Bluelight is most certainly where you'd find it first. In most cases.

#9 Toejam

Toejam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted July 26 2008 - 03:27 AM

It's weird, for some reason I prefer this forum BY FAR over Bluelight.

I think Bluelight is too sterile-looking, it's also overpopulated and a little bit too highly-regulated (not saying that hipforums isn't, but you know what I mean)

Anyone else agree?

#10 Geneity

Geneity

self-proclaimed advocate

• Members
  • 6,653 posts

Posted July 26 2008 - 07:49 AM

Oh I like these forums more too. They're mkoree communal and friendly and stuff. I like the people here in general.

Yeah and I know what you mean about Bluelight looking sterile. lol. But it has a nice layout.

#11 Mystical815

Mystical815

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted July 27 2008 - 05:41 PM

this is the only forum like this I felt the need to sign up to, I read BL and drugsforum but yeah not feeling the white on white bluelight layout and theres definetaly alot of good info there but I never feel the need to go through 500 posts to find the ones that actually enlighten me, I agree its overpopulated. Don't care about Lucigenol for the time being and if it disappears whatever theres plenty of other things that interest me more, im dying to try some 4-aco-dmt

#12 Toejam

Toejam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted July 28 2008 - 04:36 AM

Yep, I highly recommend it.
4-ACO-DMT is in a different league altogether.

#13 dead2dacore

dead2dacore

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted July 28 2008 - 11:52 AM

BL is better if you have an advanced question that you need answered in a short amount of time..

but i like these forums better because the psychedelic forums are seperated into subforums (unlike BL, whose psychedelic forums is 75% focused on RCs). also, since im not a up for discussion on "5-HTP receptors", i really have nothing to contribute there. i like the more casual atmosphere of hipforums.

plus BL is really strict about sources (understandably) and there is no way to gain any through that website

#14 Mystical815

Mystical815

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted July 30 2008 - 04:15 AM

Yep, I highly recommend it.
4-ACO-DMT is in a different league altogether.

Does it feel identical to psilocybin mushrooms? Is there less nausea since your ingesting around 30mg's of powder that you'll barely taste instead of half 8th/8th of disgusting mushrooms? I love mushrooms btw but if I can achieve the same effects from 4acodmt then ill probably have no need for them anymore unless I decide to grow some more

#15 Geneity

Geneity

self-proclaimed advocate

• Members
  • 6,653 posts

Posted July 30 2008 - 08:56 AM

^ It has no nausea (commonly reported). It's also very slightly different people seem today. Smoother come up, generally more friendly substance.