Why do I bloat??

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by Applespark, Sep 13, 2004.

1. Applespark

Applespark Ingredients:*Sugar*

Dang man...Just start already! My periods are always late. I have like 2 weeks of pms before them and I bloat right before. It feels awful. It feels like I gain 20 pounds..even though I know I don't haha. Anyways anything I can do to stop the bloating every month? I hate it.

2. sugrmag

sugrmag Uber Nerd

The only thing that I can think of off the top of my head, is to drink lots of water. It somehow helps...

3. akhc

akhc Member

bloating is caused by the hormone progesterone that is the predominant hormone in the second half of your menstrual cycle which is usually the two weeks running up to your period regardless of cycle length.. so u're a perfect example :).

4. sgoddess28

sgoddess28 Member

definately water retention....i suggest tell your doctor that you have more than pms and that you need chemical control and im sure they'll give you something...being birth-control,hormones,or like me..........valium.they are habit forming so unless its as bad as you say or worse,see a doc.good luck

5. whispers

whispers sweet and sour

.............................dam i thought this had to do with beer.

6. Applespark

Applespark Ingredients:*Sugar*

All the birth controlls I have ever been on have too high progesterone for me..it messes me up bad. I was hoping for a natural remedy....so someone says water helps..then someone says its water retention....I'm confused

7. ImaPeach

ImaPeach Member

It's water retention... but you still need to drink water!

try having a glass of warm water, with one teaspoon of maple syrup and a squirt of lemon juice every morning before your period and during it. I get bloating too and this helps a bit for me. You might wanna try cutting down the carbs for a couple days too (not that I'm endorsing low carb diets!! :eek: ) cos they tend to make you feel heavier then you are.
    also green tea might help. I just like to drink it anyways :)

8. superNova

superNova Member

cutting down on caffeine and salt also helps curb that problem a bit. :) that's about all i know, i just kinda grin and bear it and say "hey everybody look what a fat ass i am!" for a week or so :p

9. Lilyrayne

Lilyrayne Chrisppie

I just try to drink like, 16 glasses of water a day and stick to a raw veggie only diet as close as I can. It helps!

It IS water retention, but ironically drinking so much water that you pee like every hour helps flush it out and you don't retain so much. Weird, I know, but it works.