• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#1 Jay_Billionz

Jay_Billionz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted July 10 2008 - 09:18 PM

OK this is for people who have actually tried it, does it get you high yes or no? Tell me your experience. I've recently bought and tried Damiana with 0 effects and im pissed. So please tell me if kava works (the kava capsules GNC style). The only place I'm able to get legal alternatives is amazon and Kava and Damiana are the only ones the site has

SO DONT TELL ME ABOUT OTHER HERBS!

So does Kava work yes or no? Share your experience with me please!

:confused:

Edited by orison319, April 27 2011 - 02:26 AM.
Title wasnt a nice way to ask a question about an exotic herb.

#2 MisterMorningGlory

MisterMorningGlory

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted July 11 2008 - 09:38 AM

dude just get some MJ...

#3 snocbor

snocbor

• Members
  • 2,187 posts

Posted July 11 2008 - 09:41 AM

You shock me man...seriously :rolleyes:

#4 RELAYER

RELAYER

mādhyamaka

• Members
  • 17,670 posts

Posted July 11 2008 - 09:45 AM

Define the word high please

#5 pedaltopedal

pedaltopedal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted July 11 2008 - 01:02 PM

... yea, been following your posts...

Kava Kava is a nice. Its relaxing. I wouldn't call it a "high" though. Don't expect much from kava, especially if you shop at GNC.

Its time to expand your horizons my friend. Look beyond amazon.

#6 Jay_Billionz

Jay_Billionz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted July 11 2008 - 01:59 PM

^^I can't look beyond amazon, it's my only source.

So you guys are saying KAva Kava in capsule from (GNC style) will work and give me relaxation.. because this is what people said about Damiana and I got ripped off...

#7 pedaltopedal

pedaltopedal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted July 11 2008 - 02:17 PM

Well, personally I think you're going to be disappointed with kava. I think what you're looking for you aren't going to find in legal alternatives through amazon.

Kava Kava is nice, but I wouldn't put too much trust into any "GNC style" products supposively containing kava kava. You may find some quality stuff through amazon, but its hard to say as I have no experience using them.

#8 Spaceboy13

Spaceboy13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted July 11 2008 - 03:29 PM

if you take a shit load it is. you can get kava pills, basically its ground up in gel capsules. dont try blowing it, that was the dumbest thing i ever tried. fucked up my sineses for weeks ><
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am deeply touched and i am aware that the roses, the plants are material creations of the same creator as we are. And i increasingly appreciate the creation of everything that nature offers us. And i think that this feeling of creation with all living shall deeply invade our consciousness and offer a counterbalance to our absurd material development through technology and so on, so that we come back to the roses, to the plants, to mother nature, to where we belong"- Albert Hofmann RIP

#9 jaredfelix

jaredfelix

Namaste ॐ

• Members
  • 5,272 posts

Posted July 11 2008 - 03:33 PM

if you take a shit load it is. you can get kava pills, basically its ground up in gel capsules. dont try blowing it, that was the dumbest thing i ever tried. fucked up my sineses for weeks ><

hahaha thats the funniest thing ive heard all day.

..continue.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#10 NorCaliGreenFiend

NorCaliGreenFiend

• 1,055 posts

Posted July 11 2008 - 05:32 PM

^^I can't look beyond amazon, it's my only source.

What exactly does this mean?

#11 Spaceboy13

Spaceboy13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted July 11 2008 - 05:50 PM

hahah i was 14 goin thru my whole stoner phase and my friend thought we should try blowing kava and i did a bump of it in study hall of all places and it just was the worst thing ever. felt like i snorted a mixture of watery cinnamon. hahahh i cant believe how stupid i used to be.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am deeply touched and i am aware that the roses, the plants are material creations of the same creator as we are. And i increasingly appreciate the creation of everything that nature offers us. And i think that this feeling of creation with all living shall deeply invade our consciousness and offer a counterbalance to our absurd material development through technology and so on, so that we come back to the roses, to the plants, to mother nature, to where we belong"- Albert Hofmann RIP

#12 Jay_Billionz

Jay_Billionz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted July 11 2008 - 09:56 PM

^^ ok funny story hehe haha .....well can someone please tell me about kava? does it get you high and what kind did u use? does the GNC style kava kava work good?

#13 hydrolaw

hydrolaw

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted July 11 2008 - 09:58 PM

Quit being stupid dude, none of that shit is gonna get you high. And amazon is not the place to look for drugs. Dont you have a shitty part of towm or something

#14 dd3stp233

dd3stp233

-=--=--=-

• 2,049 posts

Posted July 11 2008 - 10:16 PM

The effects of Kava are mild. I've tried the capsule type and didn't feel much of anything. Pure powered root, properly emulsified was nice. The best type is supposed to be that of the root emulsified by virgins.

#15 orison319

orison319

my dog is full of stars

• Super Moderator
  • 56,024 posts
  • LocationSquirrel Hill Penisylvania

Posted July 11 2008 - 10:28 PM

http://aolsearcht.ao...scription=Image Details

#16 snocbor

snocbor

• Members
  • 2,187 posts

Posted July 11 2008 - 10:37 PM

http://aolsearcht.aol.com/aol/redir?src=image&requestId=25c9c9c0420366b1&userQuery=troll+alert&clickedItemURN=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.heckman.us%2Fsmilies%2Ftroll_alert.gif&moduleId=image_details.jsp.M&clickedItemDescription=Image%20Details

hahaha

#17 hydrolaw

hydrolaw

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted July 11 2008 - 10:44 PM

Is the OP a troll.

#18 snocbor

snocbor

• Members
  • 2,187 posts

Posted July 11 2008 - 10:54 PM

Is the OP a troll.

Peep his threads and decide :rolleyes:

....Or I'll save you the time, YES.

#19 orison319

orison319

my dog is full of stars

• Super Moderator
  • 56,024 posts
  • LocationSquirrel Hill Penisylvania

Posted July 11 2008 - 11:14 PM

that troll gif, rocks dont it. lol..

I dont know really If hes a troll or just posting stupid content? Its the internet. wcye.

Posted Image

You guard your hopes

you pocket your dreams
You'd trade it all to
avoid an unpleasant scene

#20 pedaltopedal

pedaltopedal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted July 11 2008 - 11:28 PM

Its the internet

Definetly comes with the territory.

Jay_Billionz: Kava Kava does not get you "high"... well, I suppose that depends on what you consider "high". Its just a nice relaxing herb that is, for the most, pretty mellow. If you're looking to get high, kava kava is not what you're looking for. Sorry.

#21 framesh1ft

framesh1ft

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted July 12 2008 - 08:44 AM

No the low potency pills/powder is also low strength. Its borderline no effect. The paste does have an effect. but as others have said its not much of a high.
Disclaimer: Anything written here is for entertainment purposes, theoretical, and in no way encourages violation of local laws.

All I know is that I know that something is impossible.

#22 Geneity

Geneity

self-proclaimed advocate

• Members
  • 6,653 posts

Posted July 12 2008 - 08:53 AM

No. If you want to get high smoke some goddamn weed. Kava is weak but it is relaxing.

#23 NorCaliGreenFiend

NorCaliGreenFiend

• 1,055 posts

Posted July 12 2008 - 09:33 AM

Im still confused why you cant order from anywhere but Amazon. If you have access to the internet, cant you go to all of the sites? Try IAS.

#24 Geneity

Geneity

self-proclaimed advocate

• Members
  • 6,653 posts

Posted July 12 2008 - 10:05 AM

Yeah. I say give up now. You keep asking what gets you high and buying shit before you even know what it does. I don't understand why you can't just get some weed or grow some shrooms.

#25 Emptybreath

Emptybreath

Hip Forums Supporter

•  Supporters
  • 1,504 posts

Posted July 12 2008 - 10:05 AM

My guess is that he is under aged and if he orders from amazon he can just tell his folks that he just ordered a cd or something, But if a package comes with a company name like iamshaman questions will be asked.

#26 Jay_Billionz

Jay_Billionz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted July 12 2008 - 04:34 PM

^^ exactly, I can order anything i want from amazon cause my parents don't care but thats the ONLY place, not ebay,not nothing.

#27 BillyX

BillyX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted July 12 2008 - 04:55 PM

lol kava capsules wont get you very far if you where to get some fresh root and make a tea out of it you may get a relaxed feeling and a numb throat, if you want some legal alternatives for geting high see if your supermarket has some morning glory seeds and buy a bunch of them and look here for a extraction method on this web site other than that your other legal alternatives would be Salvia (depending on where you live) Nitrous Oxide, Cough Syrup, Poppers & Nutmeg all of which can be obtained legally from head shops, supermarkets and so on.

#28 pedaltopedal

pedaltopedal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted July 12 2008 - 05:53 PM

If you're only limited to amazon, and you want to get high then then thats some good advice.

Personally I'd stay away from nutmeg, but any of those other choices would definetly work to get you "high". Just make sure you do the proper research before attempting anything.

#29 Jay_Billionz

Jay_Billionz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted July 12 2008 - 06:26 PM

I can get nitrous!!.... is this all I will need?

http://www.amazon.co...15916011&sr=8-9

#30 BillyX

BillyX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted July 12 2008 - 06:47 PM

yup you will also need some sort of cracker, like the whiped cream dispenser to get nitrous out of the bulbs, alot of people on here will say ohh dont do nitrous, but i enjoy it read up on it at http://www.erowid.or...s/nitrous.shtml and decide from there!