looking for people to live in the wild!

Discussion in 'Camping/Outdoor Living' started by alibiasello, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Jeff Marshall

Jeff Marshall Member

hipsage88,

Good luck. I hope it is everything you hope it will be.

Best,
    Jeff Marshall
    Camping Books

2. Skinny555

Skinny555 Member

Living in the wild would be so fun. :D:D:D

3. alibiasello

alibiasello Member

then email me! we can talk more about it and hopefully things could work out.

ali-biasello@sbcglobal.net, write me if your serious!

peace

4. lovelypeace

lovelypeace Member

sign me up, i'm ready. i have nothing keeping me here. what about money, and food, and all that stuff? or is that part of the plan-just to wing it? and how wild you talking?

5. sknkmnky

sknkmnky Member

I've been living wild off and on most of my life. Anyone can do this if they put their mind to it. It takes some time, but it can put your life in perspective. It's a little more complex than just getting back to the basics. Living wild is a lifestyle, not a camping trip.

6. vasik

vasik Member

Go for it!! You are young and have nothing to lose.

7. tonynaturalist

tonynaturalist Member

alibiasello ... sounds great ..but make two plans ..one realistic and one daydreaming.
    The transision can really mess you up. Cutting civilization right away could be a problem.
    So a gradual transition is necessary. Hunting for food and planting is not as easy as it sounds ...if you get sick ...its another problem ... and shelter can be an issue.
    Good luck

8. Skinny555

Skinny555 Member

I would but ive got a long time to wait becuse my family want me to go to collage and that but i look forward to the day i can :D:D:D

9. Pranee

Pranee Member

My husband and I have been working towards living in the wild for a few years now, We read a book called You can Survive by Jere Franklin, he has a place you can go to in Canada to learn basic survival skills. I became certified as a medical missionary ( herbs, hydrotherapy and such) I am going to school for Rn right now (in case someone breaks a bone or needs stitches or birthing babies I wanna be prepared!) We are planning to move to Maine in the spring to start a garden, Get the land prepared, build in the woods while living on the map, making sure we get our bases covered! Time now to stockpile non perishibles, pennies (can be melted down for other uses), teaching our three boys how to get along. Should be ready in three years time to be totally self sufficient in any situation, God willing!

10. tonynaturalist

tonynaturalist Member

Pranee is on the right track! - gradual transition is the key ... lots of skills to master ... but doable. Maybe do not have to be so remote ...just being 1/2 remote will make you feel soo good that you may want to stay that way. Good luck to all.

11. Ol'Wylde Bill

Ol'Wylde Bill Member

Please check out my classified...Ol'Wylde Bill...Living off the grid, posted 30-45 min ago...if interested..email me, or post reply. Thx:iagree:

12. opel diamond

opel diamond burn out

ahh good luck man, i would love to do that one day. get away from all the bullshit.

13. Ol'Wylde Bill

Ol'Wylde Bill Member

Hey, see my ad under classified...Ol' wylde bill....Want to live off grid. I'm ready now, got mad skills...lots of experience...and my own bag so I wont be rollin on you or anyone else...I dig sharing though..toking and star seeking, got all my equipment, and mad desire to leave it all behind. But...it takes at least two, no more than twelve...to stave off the screaming madness if you're in the boonies for more than six months. I know ; I spent four (4) years out there last time. Would'nt have made it back sane if I had not tracked down another dude doing the same thing...last year and a half...not bad at all...this time maybe I'll never come back...I like the idea the more I think about it. Email me if you're for real!!! wwmillsaps@yahoo.com Ideal...3 dudes, three chicks, and a couple of canines.:cheers2:

14. Ol'Wylde Bill

Ol'Wylde Bill Member

Please see Ol'Wylde Bills post in classified...or on page four(4) of this thread...I'm ready willing and able...Peace, and happy trails to ya............

15. Ludicrous

Ludicrous Member

How are you planning on acquiring land in the wild to live on? Are you going to squat, or try something more legal?

16. Pranee

Pranee Member

Sounds great! But I am still aquiring supplies and learning how to spin fibers to make material, also weaving and how to prepare and cultivate antibiotics in the wild.I look more toward the "what if" on sickness and I also know from experience that if you break a bone in the wild, you best be prepared to deal with it then and there! Also determining a region that is not in danger of becoming inhabited that also provides nutritional variety. Don't wanna get weak!

17. natureboy29

natureboy29 Guest

i want to live off the land like i was taught growing up but dont want to do it alone

18. natureboy29

natureboy29 Guest

i have 10 acres of raw land in nw la

19. Spirit Wynd

Spirit Wynd Member

All you that want to live off the land must need a base camp setup, basic if moving around, but more elaborate if you're staying put... so go check out my thread in Communal Living called...

How would you Start a Commune?

A small group living off the land would apply there too I would think... so how would you do it?
    Some have many skills, some have less, but both want pretty much the same, I'm sure a collection of ideas will help others on their quest.

20. samanthaj

samanthaj Guest

I'm very interested in joining you. I meant to go to college, but Joe been thinkin I just want to take off somewhere and live with nature outside normal society. Do you have an area in mind?