picture of 3mg xanax bar

Discussion in 'Pharmaceuticals' started by nerdayasian, Jun 26, 2008.

1. rollontheground

rollontheground Member

those were discontinued over a year ago in america...

2. rollontheground

rollontheground Member

sounds like you've gotten in fights with people over this same question...i know i have, PEOPLE ARE SO FUCKING IGNORANT.

3. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

how big of a difference can there be between XR and regular benzos.. i mean ya chew them and 10min later you are feelin great.. it takes little time for benzos to do their jobs

4. kil0

kil0 The Rebel

dude, they are called extended release for a reason. they release the alprazolam slowly in small amounts. Thats not very useful for getting high. Even chewing them or crushing helps but its still not the same because of they way they are manufactured.

5. d4wt

d4wt Member

as far as my state's mac list... pfizer and mylan both still produce 3mg er/xr. if they are classified under state medicaid laws one would believe they are still in production. by all means if you have proof please post it... but simply stating they were discontinued over a year ago isn't enough for me :)

6. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

Yes it's true, many drugs can be used as an escape, Im definitley not going to deny that. However when you drink beer, you can drink beer socially or to relax and lift your mood, while still being fully conscious of what's going on. Opiates can destroy your life, but they can also give you creative and artistic boosts with plenty of energy to spare. Benzo's however, either make me immediatley dull and boring to be around, or they completley black me out and I have no recollection of what I had been doing while the drug runs its course. Not that alcohol doesnt do that when taken in excess, but at least beer gives me a mood lift without blacking me out and leads to fun and interesting conversation or a nice jam session.
    Not only that, but benzos are one of the most absolutely dangerous drugs to be perscribed to. I've honestly seen it ruin more people's mentality and stability than both opiates and alcohol. It shelters people, it's more of a securiry blanket for hiding from your own mind than opiates are, in my opinion. If someone is having a nervous breakdown because of a traumatic even that has transpired, then I see a purpose in taking benzos. But to be perscribed to them because someone has anxiety, I feel, is the lazy and easy route to handling your issues. Meditation and a healthy lifestyle are far better ways to cope with mental anguish, because unlike physical pain, mental pain can be cured if someone is willing to try.
    Im not trying to bash people for their choices in drugs or lifestyle by any means, but the fact that doctors perscribe these pills to people who do not need them is just plain lazy, and purely evil.

7. Guitar

Guitar Senior Member

wtf, i just posted a response but it didnt show up. but yes i agree that doctors overperscribe benzos, espeically since there very addicting and withdrawals are terrible, and in some cases lethal. but I still think low doses , at least for me, are great. It feels like being drunk, without all the bad side effects from drinking. Mood lifts, become more social, and become very relaxed. I never do enough to where I black out so I don't even remember/enjoy the experience. If you can treat the drug with respect, and only do it every once in a while, then I see nothing wrong with using it, even if its an escape, because we all need to escape every now and then.

8. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

Guitar, I agree man. And I apologize if I came off as condeming the drug. I dont want to judge anyone for their drugs of choice, all of us in this area of the forums have our preferences and what makes me black out or tired can make others euphoric and social. I was just pointing out my view that a few people I know have become walking zombies or emotional wrecks because of being given perscriptions, and though thats not what turned me off to the drug (I was abusing them as a teenager before I knew any of those people), it's still something to consider, dont you think?
    But yea, by all means if they are fun for ya, have a blast Im not trying to say that your using them to escape from life, some people just get off on different chemicals than others.
    God Bless -

9. neodude1212

neodude1212 Senior Member

What you two are addressing is one of my current main concerns. I have pretty bad anxiety, and it has destroyed a lot of potential throughout my life. It literally can ruin everything if you let it. While I understand that it is all mental and I'm only doing it to myself, some days there is just no way for me to control it. It's like anything else. Some days I will be great and have a total handle on it and feel like a normal person, but other days it completely consumes me to the point that I dont even leave the house.

So I've been thinking about going to a doctor to talk to them about it and maybe being prescribed something. The only thing is that I do not want to become dependant on the drug for an escape from anxiety. The only reason I would consider taking them is for the days that I honestly cannot get a grasp on my anxiety at all. So I mean I dunno.

10. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

Benzodiazepines, when taken as directed, can be exactly the release certain people need. Sure, they are among the most dangerous drugs to become addicted to, but they also benefit millions of people everyday. I have taken copious amounts of xanax for both recreational and theraputic purposes, and it works wonders for both purposes, ime. Sure, it's not for everyone, but we are all different. Some people NEED something like benzos to help control their anxiety/stress, while there are other types of people who deal with their agitation in other ways, such as exercise and/or meditation. We all deal with our problems in different ways.

11. Guitar

Guitar Senior Member

Yea man I def agree that too much of the drug in recreational use makes people into walking zombies. Addiction to benzos is very serious, and does dull the person out. But you know what they say, moderation is the key. I just did 30 mgs of oxy and 1 mg klonopin for the first time in a few weeks, and I feel great. If people could learn to respect the drug, then there really is nothing wrong with it, just like most substances. And thank you for the kind response, and realizing everyone is different when it comes to drugs, and basically just respecting what others have to say. Posts like yours is what makes me like these forums, im a little fucked up hope that made sense haha.

12. LISTEN TO RELAYER [​IMG]

13. neodude1212

neodude1212 Senior Member

pffff

that guy? :rolleyes:

14. lol. neo :rolleyes:

15. does2

does2 Member

to the OP: chances are, you will not get a 3mg xanax.
    they exist, but arn't distributed in the USA.
    a yellow bar is 2mg... do some research...stop getting hustled... buy some common sense, you'll probly get change.

EDIT: it isn't impossible to get a 3mg xanax, but it is difficult, and totally not worth it.

16. jaredfelix

jaredfelix Namaste ॐ

the 3mg XR xanax's are really the only ones i can find in my area... a bunch of people i know are prescribed them, and i even have people i dont know offer these tri sided pills to me.... they're quiteabundent in my area...

and i think they are the best, well once you build up a slight tolerance or else you wont remember shit from that day.

17. rollontheground

rollontheground Member

i am truley sorry, i just looked it up and you are indeed correct. I was told that the 3mg xrs were dicontunued after a kid i knew picked up 500 off them, he probably said this as a marketing ploy and i stupidley believed him for over a year.

Still, their is no regular 3mg alprazolam in America...

18. SpENS93

SpENS93 Illuminati

i got a 3mg xanax today =]

5 actually im chillin right now ahahah

its 330 time to sleep

19. klondike_bar

klondike_bar Senior Member

when i take more then 2mg xanax, i have about 2 hours before i lose all memory until the next day. even if taking notes during the experience, i cant remember what i did 10 minutes previously.

20. kil0

kil0 The Rebel

yeah how this guy said, busting a mission to get a 3mg xanax isnt worth it, I'll pop a bar and a half and find em in seconds instead.