• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 nerdayasian

nerdayasian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted June 26 2008 - 12:18 PM

ive been looking for a picture because im gunna buy these yellow bars from a friend but i don't wanna get screwed over, do any of you have a picture of them?

#2 RELAYER

RELAYER

mādhyamaka

• Members
  • 17,670 posts

Posted June 26 2008 - 12:26 PM

Im pretty sure the yellow bar's are 2mg's. I cant stand benzo's and am not very knowledgeable about how the different strengths are sold, but Im pretty sure that the 3mg Xanax are different shape than bars.

#3 neodude1212

neodude1212

• 11,709 posts

Posted June 26 2008 - 12:28 PM

I cant stand benzo's

why not?

#4 RELAYER

RELAYER

mādhyamaka

• Members
  • 17,670 posts

Posted June 26 2008 - 12:31 PM

Because in low doses they serve no purpose (other than their anxiey relief intention) except to make me forget everything that I do during the duration of the drug's effects. They, in my opinion, are the definition of a drug that one takes in order to escape their problems and forget life for awhile, and are, at least in my case, the worst mental blocks to spirituality to take

#5 neodude1212

neodude1212

• 11,709 posts

Posted June 26 2008 - 12:33 PM

Because in low doses they serve no purpose (other than their anxiey relief intention) except to make me forget everything that I do during the duration of the drug's effects. They, in my opinion, are the definition of a drug that one takes in order to escape their problems and forget life for awhile, and are, at least in my case, the worst mental blocks to spirituality to take

well fuck....

I've got mad anxiety and have been looking into them. dunno really what to do about it.

#6 Guitar

Guitar

• 1,267 posts

Posted June 26 2008 - 12:52 PM

if you have mad anxiety, and want to be medicated just go to the doctor. benzos are the easiest narcotic to get prescribed. I know what you mean relayer, but aren't many drugs an escape. Alcohol is just as bad as benzos. Opiates also, opiates wash away any worries I had. I think benzos can be therapetiuc in low doses, and really benefit some people who need them.
"When you can stop, you don't want to. When you want to stop, you can't. "

- Candy

#7 TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner

Georgia Homegrown

• 18,259 posts
  • LocationHell County, GA

Posted June 26 2008 - 02:12 PM

Xanax is wonderful. lol It can be fun with moderate to high doses, and it definitely works to relieve anxiety. I agree with RELAYER, to some extent, but I also believe people need to leave life for a few hours, ever so often. haha

tumblr_n98arxiQAs1rk8qkho1_250.gif

I Can Only Build If I Tear The Walls Down
Even If It Breaks Me, I Won't Let It Make Me Frown
I'm Falling, But No Matter How Hard I Hit The Ground.......I'll Still Smile
~Micheal "Eyedea" Larsen~

(RIP cosmoknot, rangerdanger, and Geneity)

#8 VolcomStoner420

VolcomStoner420

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 676 posts

Posted June 26 2008 - 07:46 PM

^ You do need to get thru some days like dentist appointments or some b/s meeting, anywhere you don't wanna be mentally eat a blue football or two.

#9 goofydrummer

goofydrummer

• 1,623 posts

Posted June 26 2008 - 08:01 PM

Im beginning to love low doses of xanax. I started off loving benzos, hating them, and now I love a mild 1 mg dose of xanax. It doesn't make me high, but I feel all set about all my regrets in life while I search for a permanent solution to my problems in the longrun.
Posted Image
NO outside links in sigs

#10 kil0

kil0

The Rebel

• Members
  • 2,214 posts

Posted June 27 2008 - 04:39 PM

3mg xanax doesnt exist in the united states. period. please dont argue with me Im the xanax master. I know everything about it. the highest dosage xanax comes in is 2mg in the united states, but they do have a 3mg xanax manufactured overseas but it is extended-release.

and as for a picture, lol, this is too easy. Look at TopNotchStoner's avatar for the picture of the yellow "french-fries" or "school bus" bars, and yes, they are 2mg.
"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself."
~Leo Tolstoy

Posted Image

#11 TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner

Georgia Homegrown

• 18,259 posts

Posted June 28 2008 - 05:11 AM

and as for a picture, lol, this is too easy. Look at TopNotchStoner's avatar for the picture of the yellow "french-fries" or "school bus" bars, and yes, they are 2mg.

hahaha yeah I forgot to point that out because I got so caught up in praising xanax. lol

#12 d4wt

d4wt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted June 28 2008 - 07:38 AM

3mg xanax "bars" do not exist. despite what kil0 says they do offer 3mg xr's in the us by Pfizer U.S. Pharmaceuticals.

#13 kil0

kil0

The Rebel

• Members
  • 2,214 posts

Posted June 28 2008 - 03:13 PM

They do exist, just not in the United States. Im not saying you cant find them, but the only way would be if you knew someone coming from like India and you told them to buy you some xanax ER 3mg and sneak them into the country.
~Leo Tolstoy

Posted Image

#14 d4wt

d4wt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted June 29 2008 - 05:50 AM

They do exist, just not in the United States. Im not saying you cant find them, but the only way would be if you knew someone coming from like India and you told them to buy you some xanax ER 3mg and sneak them into the country.

not trying to rub this in your face but they are manufactured here in the states and also distributed here in the states. it's actually common (at least in the south east) to see them prescribed. granted it's been at least 2 years since i've seen any exetended release tablets so there is a chance that within that time frame laws have changed. but then one might raise an eyebrow as to why 3mg xr's have made their way onto state medicaid mac lists (i work in healthcare... trust me)

btw most indian xanax are not made by pfizer :) torrent pharmacuticals maybe... but not pfizer :P

#15 SonnyPizzicato

SonnyPizzicato

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted June 30 2008 - 09:22 AM

not trying to rub this in your face but they are manufactured here in the states and also distributed here in the states. it's actually common (at least in the south east) to see them prescribed. granted it's been at least 2 years since i've seen any exetended release tablets so there is a chance that within that time frame laws have changed. but then one might raise an eyebrow as to why 3mg xr's have made their way onto state medicaid mac lists (i work in healthcare... trust me)

btw most indian xanax are not made by pfizer :) torrent pharmacuticals maybe... but not pfizer :P

He's right ^^^ I come from a whole family of doctors and psychiatrists and yes I have never seen a 3mg but I have confirmed with my grandfather that there is a 3mg generic Xanax that's distributed in the united states.

#16 kil0

kil0

The Rebel

• Members
  • 2,214 posts

Posted June 30 2008 - 10:22 AM

That might be true. How he said maybe laws have changed in the last two years. But all I know is that the 3mg are extended release, which sucks for the purposes of getting high. I know you can crush em up n stuff.. but its still not the same as instant release.
~Leo Tolstoy

Posted Image

#17 SonnyPizzicato

SonnyPizzicato

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted June 30 2008 - 02:06 PM

That might be true. How he said maybe laws have changed in the last two years. But all I know is that the 3mg are extended release, which sucks for the purposes of getting high. I know you can crush em up n stuff.. but its still not the same as instant release.

Yes that's true it isn't the greatest for the extra curricular, but for anxiety and shit you'd be iight.

#18 d4wt

d4wt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted June 30 2008 - 03:05 PM

yeah i've had the 2mg xr's a few years back and chewed them. not only does the coating stick to your teeth the taste almost never goes away. as far as handling panic attacks or any general anxiety issues... they work great :)

#19 SonnyPizzicato

SonnyPizzicato

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted June 30 2008 - 06:27 PM

yeah i've had the 2mg xr's a few years back and chewed them. not only does the coating stick to your teeth the taste almost never goes away. as far as handling panic attacks or any general anxiety issues... they work great :)

Haha yeah I make sure I pop em before any sexy girl comes over for the first time so I can chill ;) :cheers2:

#20 tothedome1

tothedome1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 709 posts

Posted June 30 2008 - 07:47 PM

yes the 3 mg XR's are in the US, i have taken them

#21 rollontheground

rollontheground

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted June 30 2008 - 11:22 PM

3mg xanax "bars" do not exist. despite what kil0 says they do offer 3mg xr's in the us by Pfizer U.S. Pharmaceuticals.

those were discontinued over a year ago in america...

#22 rollontheground

rollontheground

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted June 30 2008 - 11:23 PM

3mg xanax doesnt exist in the united states. period. please dont argue with me Im the xanax master. I know everything about it. the highest dosage xanax comes in is 2mg in the united states, but they do have a 3mg xanax manufactured overseas but it is extended-release.

sounds like you've gotten in fights with people over this same question...i know i have, PEOPLE ARE SO FUCKING IGNORANT.

#23 jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man

TBD

• 23,731 posts

Posted July 01 2008 - 06:35 PM

how big of a difference can there be between XR and regular benzos.. i mean ya chew them and 10min later you are feelin great.. it takes little time for benzos to do their jobs

Fish meat is practically a vegetable...

#24 kil0

kil0

The Rebel

• Members
  • 2,214 posts

Posted July 01 2008 - 08:06 PM

how big of a difference can there be between XR and regular benzos.. i mean ya chew them and 10min later you are feelin great.. it takes little time for benzos to do their jobs

dude, they are called extended release for a reason. they release the alprazolam slowly in small amounts. Thats not very useful for getting high. Even chewing them or crushing helps but its still not the same because of they way they are manufactured.
~Leo Tolstoy

Posted Image

#25 d4wt

d4wt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted July 03 2008 - 06:25 AM

those were discontinued over a year ago in america...

as far as my state's mac list... pfizer and mylan both still produce 3mg er/xr. if they are classified under state medicaid laws one would believe they are still in production. by all means if you have proof please post it... but simply stating they were discontinued over a year ago isn't enough for me :)

#26 RELAYER

RELAYER

mādhyamaka

• Members
  • 17,670 posts

Posted July 03 2008 - 06:55 AM

I know what you mean relayer, but aren't many drugs an escape. Alcohol is just as bad as benzos. Opiates also, opiates wash away any worries I had. I think benzos can be therapetiuc in low doses, and really benefit some people who need them.

Yes it's true, many drugs can be used as an escape, Im definitley not going to deny that. However when you drink beer, you can drink beer socially or to relax and lift your mood, while still being fully conscious of what's going on. Opiates can destroy your life, but they can also give you creative and artistic boosts with plenty of energy to spare. Benzo's however, either make me immediatley dull and boring to be around, or they completley black me out and I have no recollection of what I had been doing while the drug runs its course. Not that alcohol doesnt do that when taken in excess, but at least beer gives me a mood lift without blacking me out and leads to fun and interesting conversation or a nice jam session.
Not only that, but benzos are one of the most absolutely dangerous drugs to be perscribed to. I've honestly seen it ruin more people's mentality and stability than both opiates and alcohol. It shelters people, it's more of a securiry blanket for hiding from your own mind than opiates are, in my opinion. If someone is having a nervous breakdown because of a traumatic even that has transpired, then I see a purpose in taking benzos. But to be perscribed to them because someone has anxiety, I feel, is the lazy and easy route to handling your issues. Meditation and a healthy lifestyle are far better ways to cope with mental anguish, because unlike physical pain, mental pain can be cured if someone is willing to try.
Im not trying to bash people for their choices in drugs or lifestyle by any means, but the fact that doctors perscribe these pills to people who do not need them is just plain lazy, and purely evil.

#27 Guitar

Guitar

• 1,267 posts

Posted July 03 2008 - 11:03 AM

wtf, i just posted a response but it didnt show up. but yes i agree that doctors overperscribe benzos, espeically since there very addicting and withdrawals are terrible, and in some cases lethal. but I still think low doses , at least for me, are great. It feels like being drunk, without all the bad side effects from drinking. Mood lifts, become more social, and become very relaxed. I never do enough to where I black out so I don't even remember/enjoy the experience. If you can treat the drug with respect, and only do it every once in a while, then I see nothing wrong with using it, even if its an escape, because we all need to escape every now and then.
"When you can stop, you don't want to. When you want to stop, you can't. "

- Candy

#28 RELAYER

RELAYER

mādhyamaka

• Members
  • 17,670 posts

Posted July 03 2008 - 11:13 AM

wtf, i just posted a response but it didnt show up. but yes i agree that doctors overperscribe benzos, espeically since there very addicting and withdrawals are terrible, and in some cases lethal. but I still think low doses , at least for me, are great. It feels like being drunk, without all the bad side effects from drinking. Mood lifts, become more social, and become very relaxed. I never do enough to where I black out so I don't even remember/enjoy the experience. If you can treat the drug with respect, and only do it every once in a while, then I see nothing wrong with using it, even if its an escape, because we all need to escape every now and then.

Guitar, I agree man. And I apologize if I came off as condeming the drug. I dont want to judge anyone for their drugs of choice, all of us in this area of the forums have our preferences and what makes me black out or tired can make others euphoric and social. I was just pointing out my view that a few people I know have become walking zombies or emotional wrecks because of being given perscriptions, and though thats not what turned me off to the drug (I was abusing them as a teenager before I knew any of those people), it's still something to consider, dont you think?
But yea, by all means if they are fun for ya, have a blast Im not trying to say that your using them to escape from life, some people just get off on different chemicals than others.
God Bless -

#29 neodude1212

neodude1212

• 11,709 posts

Posted July 03 2008 - 11:20 AM

What you two are addressing is one of my current main concerns. I have pretty bad anxiety, and it has destroyed a lot of potential throughout my life. It literally can ruin everything if you let it. While I understand that it is all mental and I'm only doing it to myself, some days there is just no way for me to control it. It's like anything else. Some days I will be great and have a total handle on it and feel like a normal person, but other days it completely consumes me to the point that I dont even leave the house.

So I've been thinking about going to a doctor to talk to them about it and maybe being prescribed something. The only thing is that I do not want to become dependant on the drug for an escape from anxiety. The only reason I would consider taking them is for the days that I honestly cannot get a grasp on my anxiety at all. So I mean I dunno.

#30 TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner

Georgia Homegrown

• 18,259 posts

Posted July 03 2008 - 09:16 PM

Benzodiazepines, when taken as directed, can be exactly the release certain people need. Sure, they are among the most dangerous drugs to become addicted to, but they also benefit millions of people everyday. I have taken copious amounts of xanax for both recreational and theraputic purposes, and it works wonders for both purposes, ime. Sure, it's not for everyone, but we are all different. Some people NEED something like benzos to help control their anxiety/stress, while there are other types of people who deal with their agitation in other ways, such as exercise and/or meditation. We all deal with our problems in different ways.