Were you spanked as a child?

Discussion in 'Spanking' started by MunaJadida, Jun 20, 2008.

1. stonk

stonk Member

my parents didnt believe in spanking children or any form of physical punishment at all. We were always treated with respect at home, except on one occassion and this was the only time my father ever spanked me and it was because I argued with my sister when I was about 11 or 12 years old, and in anger pushed her away from me but unfortunately into the door of a garden shed which was made of glass and she cut her arm and her hand quite badly and required hospital treatment.
    My arse was quite sore after that. He came back from the hospital and almost without saying a word, picked me up, stuck me across his knee and and gave me a fair old spanking I have to say it was quite harsh. I found the whole thing, not only embarrassing but also demeaning and frightening.

I am old enough to know what corporal punishment as a school discipline is like too. Even though I recieved only one spanking at home i did recieve on two occassions being whacked on the bottom with a slipper 6 times per occassion. That bloody well hurt I can tell you but the worst was that on two occassions, once for leaving school early (I just got my registration mark and walked out) and once for playing football in a classroom I recieved 6 strokes of a thin bamboo cane across my buttocks and that is the worst pain ever. those 4 punishments would have been when i was between 11 and 14 years old. I didnt like it at all, and neither did my parents. The last time i was beaten by a teacher my mom threatened him and said if he ever laid so much as a finger on me again she would have him flattened - she knew about the first time when they caned me for playing football as she saw the marks on my butt when i was in the bath (I was only about 11 years old) but by the time i was 14 she simply couldnt forgive people hitting children anymore

Contrary to popular belief such punishments dont, later on in life, automatically lead to a kinky sexual desire to spank or be spanked at all.
    strangely enough when teachers spanked, whacked, or caned children, they always said, without fail "This is going to hurt me more than it will hurt you". That is when I first realised that those in authority are the biggest lying assholes you could ever want to know about

2. Mothman

Mothman Senior Member

I was spanked, whipped with belts, beaten with various household objects and I have no obsession with spanking at all. I will smack dat ass but only on once in awhile and only to chicks that seem to like it. I would not want to be spanked by a woman, just not my thing.

3. Logan 5

Logan 5 Confessed gynephile Lifetime Supporter

Spanking was the only time I got much attention from family.

4. birsha

birsha Member

I was spanked by my father when I had done something wrong. That stopped at some point though. I don't remember exactly when I got my last spanking. Maybe around 7? My mom never spanked me. Though my father's spankings were often the result of me not behaving properly towards my mom.

Oh, and yeah, I think spanking is hot. Though getting a spanking when you are an adult is really nothing at all like getting them when you are a kid. Not sure they are related at all really.

5. sarah.folan

sarah.folan Guest

my mum n dad both spanked

6. Dr.Strangelove

Dr.Strangelove Guest

As a young girl I was spanked often. My father had quite the temper, and even though I was often pesky and naughty, his reaction was over the top and frightening. I remember running from one of these spanking episodes, trying to escape to my mother, screaming for her to save me. Slipping out of his grasp I would make it a few feet before he whipped me back around by my arm and spanked me over his knee. I would always bruise, and sometimes black-out from crying. As I grew older, at about sixteen, I was able to wrestle free from my father or run faster than him. This was the discipline that he was raised with and what he thought was right. For a long while I was unable to not be angry with how he dealt with me.

In no way do I find discipline sexually exciting. It has never aroused me. Though I am familiar with BDSM and sexually alternative communities, I see sadism and masochism as a way to cope with one's own emotional injuries. I stick to this concept firmly.

7. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

once or twice....but I deserved it

8. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

^^^same here. Maybe three times. One was for throwing blocks of wood down on other kids from a balcony.[​IMG]

9. Stacey.

Stacey. Member

Yeah once or twice. It never made any difference though.

10. kairilove

kairilove Member

Yes and often, but I have no reason to believe the fetish and the punishment are correlated. I definitely had an absolute separation of what was fun and what was getting my ass whipped

11. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

I think everyone was spanked when they were young....

12. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

I wasn't "spanked"; but, whipped with a switch...and NOT across the ass but on the legs as Mama had my arm and we did the "around and around dance"...I also understood every single time why I was getting it, too.

That being said...I never in my life have ever wanted to be spanked by anybody for any reason whatsoever!

13. fnjeepz

fnjeepz Member

I was spanked as a child, when i deserved it. It didn't and doesn't mean anything sexual for me, now or then.

14. Dude111

No it shouldnt really........

Quite stupid to be honest!

15. dark suger

dark suger Dripping With Sin!

I'm spanked now and I love it I am a very very bad girl

16. Dude111

Hehe i see!

17. ladylala

ladylala Member

I was spanked every now and then but they weren't over-the-lap, butt exposed type of spankings. Just a couple of random hits to the behind for being a smartass or whatever. I don't think it has anything to do with my fascination with adult spanking.

18. Humperdink

Humperdink Member

Spanking is legal in all states in the USA if I remember right, so whether a person wants to spank their child is a personal decision which if we have true freedom would not be dictated by someone else's opinion. We can try to force our opinions on someone else's freedom, but it really is poor taste. Of course there is a big difference between spanking a child and abusing them, and abusing a child is not legal.

I was severely spanked and abused as a child, and yet still turned out okay. I am only slightly psychotic, nothing I can't handle with medication. Even while being abused as a child I recognized the value of spanking, and as an adult I let my children know that if they blatantly disobeyed us, they would be spanked. They were not spanked for having an accident such as spilling a glass of milk, which I was as a child. I let my daughters know that if they blatantly disobeyed us, they would be spanked. And I only spanked one girl, my oldest, one time. If there are no limits to what your children can do, they will feel unloved. And the punishment should fit the crime. I could sit down an entire afternoon talking about how poorly we were treated as children and how I changed my disciplinary tactics so that I was very different from my father, and yet I still believe in spanking children. King Solomon, purported to be one of the wisest men on earth, wrote the book of Proverbs and included this bit for our enlightenment; Proverbs 13:24
    He who spares his rod hates his son, But he who loves him disciplines him promptly.

I am quite sure my spankings as a child did influence my view of sexual spanking. In fact, it is now probably the biggest turn off I have. From my point of view, an adult spanks a child. I have no desire to have sex with children, therefore I have no desire to spank someone I am having sex with.

19. PEACEFUL LIBRA

PEACEFUL LIBRA DAMN RIGHT I'M A WEIRDO

never been spanked

20. rak

rak Senior Member

Once it happened because mom claimed that I apparently hit her when I did not. It was the over the top kind of punishing and hurt like hell. It happened to my sister quite often, for silly reasons, and I found it very bad. One day, when getting aroused from it, I felt particularly guilty for being the favored child and actually having a part of me enjoy my sister get punished when it hurt me so emotionally. This arousal grew greater during childhood, and it does seem, as a poster mentioned, as though that was just a way that my psyche tried to deal with the pain in the light of witnessing such punishment taking place; namely by finding a pleasurable side of such treatment being given to others.

It may be helpful to outlaw spanking, but I think we must get to the heart of the problem, namely the fact that parents need more guidance in raising their children. Otherwise parents will use other ways to torture their children, which do not involve spanking, such as throwing them out of the house, onto the streets or through love withdrawal and social exclusion.