Caught with LSD or Shrooms

Discussion in 'Drug Testing and Legal Issues' started by orjamicman, May 26, 2008.

1. High Plaines Drifter

High Plaines Drifter Member

A friend of mine sold some shrooms to an undercover at a show in minnesota. I don't know exactly what happened but he got over 300 hours community service and a couple years supervised probation. It was his first offense.

2. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Shrooms and acid are a felony in the us, if its deemed a sufficient amount that you could be selling you can get charged with manslaughter and if you are caught with a whole sheet they make you eat it.

3. goodvibes83

goodvibes83 Senior Member

isn't this an urban legend? i am pretty sure, anyway

4. SoulVibrations

SoulVibrations celestial viator

Yea i think so.
    But this is true!!!

5. djomalley

djomalley Fanch King

LOL. :2thumbsup:

Seriously if you are caught with LSD or any drug for that matter DO NOT IDENTIFY IT! They will try and trick you and say things like 'Just tell me what it is and I'll throw it away', etc. DO NOT IDENTIFY IT!

6. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Is ecstasy the same penalties? I got caught trying to dish out e to a couple friends at a rave and I faked like I tossed the bag when the undercover was pulling me away. He didnt bother to look cause it was really dark and crowded. They sat me down, collected some info and asked me to show my pockets but they didnt frisk me, infact the undercover is like 'I saw him toss it'. So I just got kicked out and kept my 9 remaining pills, bought a ticket off a scalper and went back in to the party.

7. TheMadcapSyd

TheMadcapSyd Titanic's captain, yo!

Yea ecstasy is a schedule 1 drug, you automatically get felony possession of a psychedelic substance in most places just by having it

8. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Felony narcotic possession, I think, actully.

Cocane is also a narcotic.

The DEA is smart:2thumbsup:

9. ness33

ness33 Member

Okay longgggg story short.

Almost two years ago. Me and four of my buddies were on our way to shwagstock(music festival for those who don't know), then float trip, then ending it all with wakarusa.

To say the least we planned it perfectly but we DID NOTTT execute our plan perfectly.
    We saved up various substances over our senior year. Some of the substances on the list where LSD, OXY, MDMA, DMT, BENZO's....you get the idea.

We vacuum sealed everything (the right way, no traces of odor) the night before. Then the morning of we were in a hurry to get some yayo on the way and just do a little then throw it out. We just thought it would be gone to quick to worry about. Which happend to be true, but since we were in such a rush...we DID NOT put all of our vacuum sealed goodies into the boxes of food we were going to and then seal back up. We just planned on doing it about a couple hours before reaching SHWAG...we were just worried about getting our shit into the festi and failed to assume getting pulled over. Thats what unexperienced and dumb is, for sure. About an hour out, yes only an hour out we got BUSTED. We planned this ten day trip for more than a year to see it vanish into a jail cell in the middle of booneville. We were rounding a corner and it said drug checkpoint 1/4 mile ahead...the driver just made an initial reflex and began to take the exit as rounding the corner. Before we could say NO!!!!!!!! ITS A TRAP we were already heading up the exit ramp.

End result for all of us being young, first offenders, and forking up 5k each:

initial charge: 5 class C felonies, 3 midamenors =FUCKED
    After paying lawyers and walking through the steps: 1 felony, 1 midamenors

options: a. 30 days in jail, 5 years probation
    b. 13 months of drug court (Really Intense, but you get your record expunged upon completion)

I took option b.

P.S for all those who still believe in all the manslaughter bs...we had about a total of a 2 sheets or more between all of us and it was still considered personal. ( luckily)

10. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

This has got to be one of the most..... outright silly.... busted stories I've ever read.

First of all, you classified MDMA, LSD, and DMT with oxy and benzos.

Second of all, ALL druggies know that being in transit in a motor vehicle with drugs is THE most dangerous way to have them, and that it's how nearly ALL busts happen. Who WOULDN'T expect a checkpoint on the way to a massive music festival? Especially one with the heat on it, like schwagstock? (On that note, did they manage to keep their property from being confiscated? Either way, the festival's dead now, right?)

Also, ALWAYS have a pre-arranged fall-man. It's not fun to think about, but everyone does NOT go down together just because it's fair, it's 1 set of charges, or that same set multiplied by the number of people there: it gives everyone another item on their record, and supports the CJ system. It can be painful or awkward, but if you can't agree who goes down if you get busted, don't get in a vehicle with illegal substances. Ideally the fall guy still doesn't admit to anything, and falls by proximity to said substances, but can admit to possession if everyone is about to be arrested.

Good god, I read enough to work as a toxicologist OR drug lawyer before ever taking any drugs.... Some people amaze me. (despite that I've fucked up a bit by walking into less legal, more subtle traps.... but not like THAT)

11. LovesLiquid

LovesLiquid Member

I hope they are smarter than your typos............:)

12. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

What do you even think this means?

Explain yoself, hoe.

13. LovesLiquid

LovesLiquid Member

Ask the mule...............:2thumbsup:

14. ness33

ness33 Member

We ride together and we die together. I was not about to push all that shit onto one person. Are you fucking serious??? Ya we knew it was dangerous and like i said we were preparing to get stopped. But we did not plan to have any trouble only an hour from our home, we were commonly travel and never have a problem. And like i mentioned before. YES we fucked up bc we rushed out without double checking everything. But if we would have followed through with our plan we would have been fine, i know for a fact because my other buddy and his gf executed our plan....and got away. Even though the drove into a checkpoint. The cops still couldn't find the shit. lol

And i was never classifying any drugs in the same catagory...I was just explaining the general drugs we had on us, in no specific order.

I'm sorry if this may seem rude. But almost every time i read one of your post. Its putting someone else down and making them feel dumb. Usually for no reason. I never commented before because i never felt the need. But you sir would qualify as an arrogant prick in my book. I hope the next time you get in trouble. That one person out of your friends that gets picked to take the heat, is YOU!

15. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

I'm currently bailed for 3k, because the other option was everyone being bailed for 3k each. I spent about an hour on the scene resisting fingering others, and then about 4 at the station resisting fingering others. Hours of "you don't understand your situation boy, you can make this easy or hard for yourself, at some point you've got to decide to help yourself out".

It's NEVER acceptable to let the CJ system bolster its numbers or profits. And this, along with the stupid shit you did, is why I put you down. Of course one person goes down, there's no reason to give some pig a car full of arrests instead of ONE. It's not "fair" or whatever, it's just bloody stupid.

Again, it's painful and no one wants to think about who's it is or whatever, but there's NO excuse for letting there be multiple identical charges instead of one.

How about instead of giving tens of thousands of dollars and your legal info (prints, shots, records, whatevers) to the system, let ONE go down, and use those tends of grand burning a hole in your pocket to bail them and get them a lawyer? It doesn't mean you're ditching them, it means you damn well better stick with them and get them out of trouble. But it's a hell of a lot better to have one go down than everyone.

So, in conclusion: only total bitches talk, or would let more go down than absolutely must. Stick by your friends, but just like lifeguarding, you want to save them from the side, if everyone falls in it's all over.

*edit* yes, I do have an inability to walk past proud stupidity without throwing in a word of my own.

16. ness33

ness33 Member

If we would of all claimed it was one person's. Then their would be no way it would just be a poss. charge. Im surprised it was even though we all took blame.

17. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

And that's what court and lawyers are for.

Also: never cache illegal things together, something I think we're all guilty of doing. Then when they find the pot they don't also get the acid, etc.

18. Smokey3

Smokey3 Member

^ good point

19. ness33

ness33 Member

ya for sure.

20. indydude

indydude Senior Member

When traveling dirty I keep the dope down my pants. Last place they'll check.
    Cops tried to do a drug checkpoint around here a few years ago. It was real similier to what happened above. Charges were thrown out of court as unconstitutional. It was ruled that it was not like a DUI checkpoint. Sucks cops still get away with it.