lend me your expertise...

Discussion in 'Cacti Delecti' started by Bohemian_Child, Sep 9, 2004.

1. Bohemian_Child

Bohemian_Child Member

So i am bipolar, which sometimes fucks with the effects of drugs. (wont try E ever, wont do acid, etc)

ive done shrooms, and more times than not i have a bad trip. (though i think thats because after the one bad trip due to mood/surroundings) i'm scared when i do it. Probably force it upon myself.

Anywho, i want to try mescaline, but does anyone know if bipolar dissorder can effect that trip. Ive never heard of a bad mesc. trip, everyone always says how pleasant and happy and focused and in-tune/connected they were. I dont want another 8 hours of that awful feeling. I know theres no way to garuntee my reaction, but does anyone know if my chances are good?

any advice would be welcomed

2. dooncune

dooncune Member

Mood and surroundings will have a big effect on what goes on.

3. *CHAMELEON*

*CHAMELEON* Member

If you use a mao inhibitor(depression) medication for you manic depresssion then I would discourage using mescaline from an organic source such as the San Pedro cactus.There are If you do decide to anyhow I would try small doses. The people you trip with should be people you are very comfortable around also as mentioned in the last post you should be in an comfortable enviroment. Whatever that is for you. I have found in that in the past that a nature setting is preferable to say an amusment park or concert.I'm bi-polar as well however I do not take medication for it due to a severe liver condition.Mescaline in and of itself is by far one of the safest substances on earth.I find that the best rule of the thumb is to be in a calm mood before ingestion of a hallucinogenic substance.If you use a moa inhibitor and decide to use say San Pedro then it will in all likelyhood will be more sensitive to the effects of mescaline.It is not the mescaline itself however .There are other compounds within the flesh of thre plant that are in fact mao inhibitors.All in all I have a terminal illness and I have never been harmed ingesting mescaline.It is the only hallucinogen I use still.

4. Schlüßelberg

Schlüßelberg Member

Brother Chameleon, it is good to see you posting some solid info about the entheogenic cacti (I STILL have a hard time with that e-word...psychedelic worked just fine for so many years...). If you have any words of wisdom about the emetic side-effects, I'd love to hear them.

Sister Bohemian, listen to what your head is telling you...maybe the message is "Don't Trip!!!!" and you're just not paying attention.

God, so many young brothers and sisters just want to rush into everything...and it just really doesn't work like that...take your time to become experienced. The point is not about getting fucked up; the point is about finding your place in the whole...

Hey, but what do I know...I've only been seeking for , what, 38 years from my transition.