Difference Between Acid and Shroom Trip?

Discussion in 'Psychedelics' started by metaljuana, May 13, 2008.

1. metaljuana

metaljuana Member

I am planning on either trying shrooms or acid. I am wondering which one would suit me. I really want is something that will make colors change, shape change, things seem electric and vibrant, etc. What is the difference between shrooms and lsd? Any help would be appreciated.

2. orjamicman

orjamicman Member

likewise...

3. Tanman35

Tanman35 Member

shrooms and lsd both had very similar effects on me but lsd was much more intense i would recommend trying shrooms first then going from there

4. ShadyGrove

ShadyGrove Member

Well LSD lasts a good 12 hours while shrooms last around 4 so the biggest difference would be time. Both trips can be intense but I prefer acid. Acid to me is much more euphoric and feels like it moves faster. The visuals on acid just seem so much more natural. but if you plan on taking psychedelics just to see colors, shape changes etc, then you are in for quite a suprise. There is WAY more than what meets the eye. It's a very spiritual experience, well for me at least.

5. -beatnick

-beatnick Senior Member

In my experience, LSD gives heavier visuals at lower doses and makes everything almost like a cartoon, like a scanner darkly animation style. Mushrooms can give ridiculous visuals, but I've found them grounded and earthly and with much more of a mind fuck and revelations. I love both.

6. kul

kul Member

I agree that shrooms tend to be more of a mind fuck. In all honesty I have never had a "good time" on mushrooms. They always make me depressed or anxious about things for some reason. A lot of people I talk to have the same experience.

I have a theory this might be due to mixing shrooms and pot though. It seems like EVERYONE smokes weed when they're on mushrooms and I think it changes the experience a lot and can make it more negative/mind fuck like.

People don't even think weed effects mushrooms either. Cause if you've been smoking the whole time you don't notice any change after smoking. However, if you take mushrooms when you haven't smoked any pot for awhile and then smoke during the trip you'll notice a HUGE change. Try it if you don't believe me.

7. kil0

kil0 The Rebel

I never tried shrooms, but when I tripped on acid I barely had visuals, I saw shadows every now and then, but barely any visuals. The trip was more of a feeling, which me and a friend decided the best way to describe the feeling is:

you feel like your in a movie. some type of trippy movie, but its a crazy experience. Your walking around downtown tripping balls feeling like theres someone behind you following you with a camera, and occasionally I would close my eyes and see myself through the lense of the camera. But straight up thats the best way to describe my last trip. I felt like I was in a movie.

8. Entheotroph

Entheotroph Member

i find acid more intense in some ways. it's smoother as far as a body buzz for me, but both give me good visuals on relatively low doses (2g shrooms, hard to say with acid).
    i've done both with and without weed, and i love them with weed :D it intensifies and can change the experience, but also calms me at the same time. it has more of an effect as i start to come down, and can help bring me back up. a few times i smoked in the morning when i woke up, and it brought on incredibly trippy feelings, although i doubt i had any acid/boomers left in me.

9. Squilla

Squilla Banned

wow, no one here knows the major difference between shrooms and LSD? very interesting, well here it is:

Mushrooms allow you to preceive the pattern of reality as it is.
    LSD allows you to dig into the pattern of reality.

Mushrooms want to keep you locked in your reality
    LSD wants you to show you the truth beyond reality

Mushrooms make you some what "drunk" in the inability to walk.
    LSD makes you stand up tall and forces you to think about your surroundings.

10. Entheotroph

Entheotroph Member

hmmm, maybe i need higher doses then.

:D

11. ShadyGrove

ShadyGrove Member

Squilla, that's freakin awesome man! I've sort of felt that way about shrooms for a while now but the way you said it makes so much sense.

12. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

I would say that shrooms have more organic morphing, more colour effects and more pleasant fractals but LSD visuals are more detailed, shifting. On shrooms, a lot of things seemed cleaner than they were and on acid a lot of things seemed dirtier.

I think one of the biggest differences is the extent to which LSD draws you places whereas shrooms is much less directed.

13. gnomefootlocker

gnomefootlocker Member

Mushrooms-- Things breathe, morph, its like you SUPER HIGH DEFINITION EYE SIGHT. seem funny, very flowy mprhping hallucinations

LSD- Very sharp rigid hallucinations, exact but profound. I personally see faces in everything on acid. MELTING.

14. gnomefootlocker

gnomefootlocker Member

oh yeah, Mushrooms are WAY more intense for me, sometimes too instense. i can THINK on acid, NOT at all on shrooms. just me

15. raz5

raz5 زینب

i don't know the exact reason, people probably already explain it but acid lasts longer, everytime i've done it it was about 12 hours each time, and i get a lot of a better experience, shrooms last 4/6 hours, it's fun also. i started with lsd first but a lot of people i know have started with shrooms.

16. gnomefootlocker

gnomefootlocker Member

lsd is a thinking drug, mushrooms is not (for me)

17. lifizaconstantREawareness

lifizaconstantREawareness Member

Shrooms always last 8 hours for me. I don't believe in taking less than an 8th though.

18. Thecookiemonster

Thecookiemonster Member

Mushrooms want to keep you locked in your reality? Increase your dosage.

Its different for everyone. I cant form sentences well on lsd but on shrooms its opposite. Try both at different times and make sure your in a good setting/set. If your just doing it for the visuals you've got another thing coming dude.

19. itsallgood

itsallgood Senior Member

Acid is more of a feeling/great visuals, or my kind of visuals like patterns, but hallucinations come from things that are already present, like something has to be infront of you in order to hallucinate like a tree, clouds etc...., Proposes Questions, the only drug i like....Its definalty somehting to try if you like 100 percent mind drugs and are all about the mind :D

Mushrooms is more visual as in things appearing out of no where like how the, what the, where the fuck did that come from type stuff, however ive only done shrooms once so i cant speak much about it but it made me really happy

20. Curt Larry

Curt Larry Member

I suggest starting on mushrooms. The trip is significantly shorter, and I feel that mushroom trips are so confusing and wild that afterward you are forced to contemplate whether or not psychedelic experimentation is for you. not everyone should be taking hallucinogens, and some people don't realize it until its way too late. IMO, it's a lot easier to develop some form of psychological dependence on acid than it is on shrooms. that's just me though...