What was the name of your first acid tab?

Discussion in 'Old Hippies' started by Hari, Sep 8, 2004.

1. rubymontana

rubymontana Member

Yea. I had my first,and only, bad trip on windowpane.....werid, and totally uncomfortable shit was what I experienced. Thought I was losing my mind. Now, the other acids were mostly stupidly happy experiences, or a very spiritual one thats with me to this day. Peace, Ruby

2. Southernman

Southernman Boarischer Rebell

My 1st one was during a local open air concert, a big blue pill, no acid, but mescalin. What a experience, wow. I think, the name of the acids here at Germany were faked, they even were called Purple Haze, Yellow Sunshine, Window Pane and so on, but that actually they were made here in Germany or Netherlands. From a friend of a friend of a friend I know, that the black micro pills in the mid 70s came direct from the university in Eastern Berlin and and that in spite of the Cold War, freaks, who know the right people in East Berlin, never had problems by crossig the Wall, may be, the Stasi (Staatsicherheitsdienst = State Security Service, the east german secret service) allowed this for damaging the capitalist enemy. In the late 70s most of the offered trips were bad, speed or other chemicals, but at this time I had allready checked that you need no drugs for the experience of enlightenment and took no more acid since over 30 years.

3. Spelunker

Spelunker Member

no-name paper, then lots of windows (green mostly, & various shades of red), leary, eventually teonanácatl

4. linda angus

linda angus Member

mine was orange barrel. what a mind opening experience!! it led to bigger and better things :)

5. imhip

imhip Member

I can't remember (duh?), but it was either orange wedge or orange barrel.

6. asnakeinthegrass

asnakeinthegrass Member

purple microdot, oh i remember it well. the street lights, which kinda make a buzzing sound on a quiet road, well them things were talking to me. Ahhhh, the good old days

7. sugarmaggie

sugarmaggie ~Green Eyed Devil~

Q-bert..at a Grateful Dead show when I was 16. Jerry sang to only me that night..;)

8. teepi

teepi living my dream

lol...that brought back a memory to me...the night I spoke of in a previous post, i was in my room and had the Red Grand Funk Railroad album stuck open on my wall, the one with the 3 of them from the chest up and that crazy Mark Farner(?) kept winking at me...silly boy.

teepi

9. sugarmaggie

HaHa....silly boy indeed.

10. TrancedelicBlues

TrancedelicBlues Member

I remember windowpane and orange barrel... it's been a few years... seems to me I remember a "pale green" barrel tab...

How does it come packaged today, in the modern era? Anybody?

11. trekker

trekker Intrepid Traveler

The first time I dropped acid was at a Pink Floyd concert back in 1987. They had just reformed the group without Waters, and were playing at Madison Square Garden in NY. I found a guy who sold me a few hits of Gold Musical Notes. He said they were 200 mics each, so I asked him how much should I take, and he said 1 or 2. I took 2. I started tripping during the show, and wow, it was amazing. I just had this great rush of euphoria, trails were all over, and I was smiling and talking to strangers. Man that was the best. I didn't come down until the next day, and I had to go to school. I wanted to turn all my friends on after that. I have tripped on those purple microdots a few times, it was a blast. I have tripped maybe 30 times. I was just 16 when I first started.

12. celeste

celeste Member

I don't remember(did I know?)my first tabs.I was a runaway,ended up in Kentuckey hangin' out w/ some kids.We went out to a pasture WITH real live cows(moo-o-o-ooo)trippin',Abbey Road was on,it was beautiful! My little pals had to go to school the next day & dropped me off in town,still trippin'! all by my lonesome...I walked up to some guy with long hair told him my tale(so trusting back then)he led me to some woods,down a deep slope,it was warmer there.He kept talking about his 'Beatle Boots',I was so messed up,the situation was hilarious!!!! We sat there til daylight.He didn't try to molest me or anything wierd! I have no earthly idea who he was,but that night he was my guardian angel! He left,I wandered to a park,bleary eyed & wired. Now,my last trip...I was cocktail waitressing in a bar at Peachtree Center(downtown ATL. lots of conventioneers...suits..)My bartender/friend gave me some blotter,we were slow that night & started closing up to get out & get high! It looked like we'd make it so we both ate our tiny papers...it was quick & very vivid,Whoa! All these business guys start strolling in the door! DAMN! I looked at the bartender,he looked at me & we busted up laughing! It was wild,ha! They got drunk,we finally closed up & headed to a biker,bohemian watering hole.We giggled all night! Some guy who looked like Fidel Castro came up to our table and read us his poem.We managed to get to our homes safely that night,amazing! Precious Memories!

13. TreePhiend

TreePhiend Member

My first was a dragon tab :) My friend had traded a g of coke for a 10 strip of dragons and we were going to a Vida Blue show in NYC (roseland ballroom I think) last winter. I poped the tab while wating for the train to take us to the city, it was about an hour ride, so by the end my frineds and I were all laughing uncontrlably in the train and ready to see the show! We got there and the show was amazing I was so happy to see Page in such a small venue. Anyway... after the show we missed the train back by like 5 minutes and had to wait like an hour and a half in Grand Central. That celing has never been so awsome! That was a crazy night and I knew right then that I would never be the same. Since then, I scored a bunch of good liquid at Bonnaroo ate so much I can't remember, found some more dragon tabs there too. Later last summer my frined and I scored a vial and tripped at Phish Tweeter Center, Mansfield MA and then headed up to coventry. While waiting in the traffic line forever we took some more and I just tripped the whole time. I scored a few more 10 strips of just plain white blotter there, a sphinx tab, and some pure liquid that microdots are made out of. My latest trip was just last friday on some of the stuff I brought back from Coventry. I dosed while crusin down the highway in an old school VW bus to the Yonder Mountian String Band show in Portland. I found some more sugar cubes there and turned two of my friends on that night! They had their first trips in the bus at some random KOA campground outside town - pretty sketchy setting for their first trips, but they wanted to do it and they had a great time. The next day the VW bus broke down once, we spent 2 hours fixing it, we got another hour down the road, broke down again, pushed it down a hill on the freeway to get it started again and it started billowing smoke goin up the next hill and we decided that the motor was totally fucked and had to get it towed home. We got to ride in the bus on top of the tow truck smokin joints all the way back home. That is my LSD adventure history. I'm so happy that it is 2004 and the acid culture still lives on making experiances like these possable.

14. sugarmaggie

15. TreePhiend

TreePhiend Member

haha, no I didn't unfortunately. My favs were Medeski Martin and Wood, The String Cheese Incident, Vida Blue and The Dead. That was my first bonnaroo and it was indeed amazing! It was without a dobut the best time of my life.

16. Duncan

Duncan Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Mine I guess was presumptuous. Never took one. Probably never will. I've got issues about unnecessary chemicals and their effects on human tissue. Especially when the human tissue is mine and it's still doing its homeostatic dance inside me.

17. sugarmaggie

Yes..I had an awesome time too. What about that mud..lol Good times, good times. I go every year. I live really close to Bonnaroo..so if you come next year, remember me and I'll show you some of those great "short cuts", so you don't have to wait in traffic forever. Peace, Brother.

18. sunny1977

sunny1977 Banned

my first cid tabs were sunshine & jesus christ double dipped .... they were just awsome !!! first one was @ dead concert back in the early 90's and the rest were @ raves in chicago @ ohio best stuff i ever had well plus other ones down the years, but for the past year or two it's been kind of dry over here in chicago don't know why but it sucks. I like to trip once in a while with close friends watching old dead concerts on vhs and trippy animation ...

19. abudman

abudman Member

No way I can be sure but think it might have been called Red Gladstone. Got it at the corner of Peachtree and 14th St. Atlanta, and so it began, NEVER had a bad trip. I miss it....

20. John Bongflonaho

John Bongflonaho Member

You want, You got it.

Christmas vacation, 1971, Big Bear Lake, CA. I was 15 years old and had never even smoke pot. WOW, what a night!

Orange Sunshine, LSD 25. Only a half a hit. As pure as pure could get as to a trip on acid.

It snowed that night. I had to beg my friends to give me some. They were having such a grand time. I wanted to fly too. AND I DID.

After tripping for houres, I was able to go to sleep. I remember dreaming in color, waking up the next morning still under the wounderful affect of the sunshine in my mind and sun shine coming through the window.

That's story #1