Favorite way of travel for outdoor trips.

Discussion in 'Camping/Outdoor Living' started by SoundStepper, May 16, 2004.

1. SoundStepper

SoundStepper Member

This weekend, I was out Rock Climbing with a bunch of friends, I enjoyed the experience, it was diffcuilt to try and find footholds and other things to grab on to, but some of the guys i was with were able to get it real easy, It was still a great trip and a great weekend. It was a first time expericence so we did not sleep on the rock, but i was considering it for other trips.

Other ways i have traveld are mountain biking, or hiking.

But i would have to say i have had better trips when Kayaking, canoeing, or white water rafting.

I think i enjoy outdoor trips best that are on the water.

but if i had to choose an location/way of travel, it would have to be on water, now im curious of what your favorite way of travel is,

Water, or land, or even air, and decide for which is your favorite way to travel. and the reason you choose it so, is it because of comfort or easyness of it. Let me know.

2. metro

metro self-banned

I like backpacking, it's such a sense of accomplishment. Road trips are fun though too, I love traveling though diff. parts of the country. Traveling by air is def. my least fav.

3. socialmachine

socialmachine Member

i like to hitchike

4. cotter builds

cotter builds Member

i love campin out of my kayak or canoe. works out pretty well with all the water ways round here on the chesapeake.....i can go out to a different area every weekend and go someplace new every time.

5. SoundStepper

SoundStepper Member

nice the chesapeak, thats real outdoor living right there. Enjoy.

6. SoundStepper

SoundStepper Member

I have done some backpacking.

7. freeinalaska

freeinalaska Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Though the sun is out and we are enjoying our canoe now, my favorite is snow shoes or dog sled.

8. eccofarmer

eccofarmer Member

NAMASTE

KAYAKING!!!!!!!!Love the water though i need to learn more on it,but it is great anyway.

9. hippietoad

hippietoad Member

Welp, my fav is in the vw westie known as "toadmobile" :rolleyes:

But I've had to definately say my fav is on water. Maybe due to the fact I was raised around so much of it. I've been hiking once. Really liked it and would love to go again. Maybe after the broken toes heal though :)

10. cotter builds

cotter builds Member

if anyone is ever in the south western part of MD i wouldnt mind going for quick trip out on the river. my friends and i do it often enough well go to school with our kayaks in our trucks.

11. Cornball1

Cornball1 Member

I have spent a lot of my life camping, hiking, canoeing, etc. My personal favorite is going canoeing around the U.S. Canadian border. It is such a blast and the lakes are absolutley beautiful. I do recomend you bring some long clothes for the evenings because the mesquitos will eat you alive.

12. SHIVASATIVASALVIASAL

SHIVASATIVASALVIASAL Member

i think one of the greatest things you can do is to canoe or kayak the great lakes ..like lake huron ..

13. sonik

sonik Member

I love to travel so It doesnt much matter to me how.

Though airplanes would probably be my least fav.