Things that supposebly kill your high....

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by California Bud, May 3, 2008.

1. California Bud

California Bud Member

I hate how people come up with all these crazy things that are supposed to kill your high. I made this thread so us stoners can break each thing down and share expieriences and facts(and science) that will help people know if these things kill your high or not...

1.) VISINE- does it really kill your high? When your eyes are red, does it make you more high?

2.) SHOWERS- i smoke in my shower ALOT but am not sure if it kills ur high, but im leaning towards the fact that it might.

3.) EATING- ?

Can you answer these questions? And also please list any other things that supposebly kill your high.

2. NeuroDr

NeuroDr Member

1) id say thats ridiculous
    2) i dont think so, i smoke, then shower, and then the high kinda dims in the shower, but as soon as im back chillin in my room it comes back so idk
    3) ive heard it does, ive never really noticed, seems like a cruel joke....u get munchies but cant eat? lol

3. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

-The visine may cause people to feel less high, based on a placebo effect. The eye-dryness is something that usually comes naturally with the high, so when your eyes don't feel as dry, it may make some people feel like they aren't as high, though they are still as high as they were before using the visine. It's just the mental aspect of not feeling the same way as before, because your eyes aren't dry anymore.

-Showers definitely kill my high, to an extent. I'm sure that varies from person to person though. I always feel great when I get in the shower stoned as fuck, and I enjoy the shower more than usual, but I never feel as high after I get out of the shower. The same can be said of going swimming, which always seems to kill my high too.

-Eating lessens my high too. I have heard it has something to do with sugar though. Some people say that eating/drinking anything with high sugar content lowers your high, to an extent, and I tend to believe that, based on personal experience. It doesn't really matter though, if you have more weed to smoke, but I usually try to wait an hour or so after getting stoned to eat anything, just in case. haha I also try to drink stuff that is sugar-free, such as Diet Rockstar or Crystal Light. That's just me though.

4. VilleValoV

VilleValoV Member

Since i work construction I feel that Pot+Shower can equal nothing but Fantastic. I come home sore as fuck and toke up in a cool shower every day. The Visine thing sounds silly.

5. st. stephen

st. stephen Senior Member

id say 3 is the only one listed that actually does. masturbation or sex does for me to.

6. TopNotchStoner

Yeah sex kills my high like no other. I almost feel like it's worth losing my high for sex, but it's not really. haha I love my weed:spliff:

7. Hilder

Hilder The Ganja Queen

sex kills my high too. its too intense. Visine, I think makes the feeling of highness diminish because of the paranoia of people seeing the red eyes and knowing you're stoned. The shower, depends. If its a cold hurried shower, perhaps. If its a hot long shower, it doesnt diminish my high. Now a bath while high is divine. I do that often. fill up the tub, pour in some salts and oils and sit in the tub with a doobie or my bong.. but I'm a girl.. haha
    Eating doesnt kill my high, but like brian said, I wait to eat, but thats only coz i like to cook when Im freshly stoned instead of eating.

8. The_Chronic1

The_Chronic1 Member

visine seems ridiculous i personally dont like showers while high but it seems that its all preference but i dont think it kills my high that much and eating also seems wierd it never kill my high and i always eat A TON but maybe the sugar thing is true normally im eating chips sometimes cookies and drinking water or gatorade so maybe its really sugary stuff but i dk never seemed to kill my high

9. dark_druggie

dark_druggie Member

I'd have to say: Sex, tea, most food, working out, and yeah showering kills it to an extent, probably just a change of mindset though cuz I dunno how it would kill the high besides possibly hot showers affect blood flow.

10. TopNotchStoner

That sounds incredibly sexy:drool:

11. Hilder

Hilder The Ganja Queen

hahaha it is. I have this violet, lavender and rose oil that makes my skin really soft and smell good for days after. I light some candles, play some classical piano, baroque cello and opera, and just relax... you dirty dirty boy.. hehe

12. WanderingSoul

WanderingSoul Free

The only thing that really kills my high is something unexpected, unpleasant, that suddenly comes up.
    Like yesterday morning when I was about to go to bed my sister's dog peed and pooed in my room. I had to get all the cleaners out and wash the floor, then put her out and make sure she had food and water.
    That was a buzzkill. I felt exhausted afterwards and like I had wasted my high.

I love exerting myself when I'm high, but I'd rather spend the energy on something other than dog crap!

13. Hilder

Hilder The Ganja Queen

dog puke is even worse.

14. TopNotchStoner

It's hard not to be, with some of the things you say;)

15. TopNotchStoner

Then you mention dog puke and kill the mood. haha

16. Hilder

Hilder The Ganja Queen

hahaha goddess, I hope you havent gone through my posts. Ive posted some randy shit.. haha I cant help it, Im a dirty minded girl. hahaha. shit, you dont know tha half of it.. hahaha

17. TopNotchStoner

Yeah you do seem a little freaky. That's a wonderful quality in a woman.

18. TopNotchStoner

I'm still trying to picture you all oiled up with that violet, lavender, and rose oil you were talking about, all soft-skinned and whatnot. haha

19. Hilder

Hilder The Ganja Queen

Down boy.

20. TopNotchStoner

hahaha my bad.