My Concerta Prescription

Discussion in 'Pharmaceuticals' started by NewDeadHead, Apr 28, 2008.

1. NewDeadHead

NewDeadHead Member

Alright, I have been prescribed concerta 54 mg pills for a year now. They used to make me pay attention for the first few months I used them, but now whenever I pop one I just feel like shit all day. So lately I've been throwing them out so my mom thinks I'm still taking them.

I just got prescribed another 35 pills today. Instead of just tossing them I'm thinking about selling them. I have questions though, I'm no asshole dealer. I want to make sure the pills I have are safe, because if I took 2 of them I think my feeling of shit would just double while on them, and I'd have the worse time ever. Also my bottle says concerta, but the pill itself says Alva on it.

Anyone know why it says alva? And is it just me that feels like shit on them you think? Is it safe to sell? How much ea. pill?

2. sw0o0sh

sw0o0sh Banned

My friend with ADHD just haggles his 36mg concerta's. I'm assuming they aren't anymore than 2-3$ bucks each a pop. He made about $45 bucks for 15 of em. But then one time sold 15 for $30. They are whatever really, but some people consider them a mild-strong coke high, and when you are in a normal mindset searching for any psychological symptom as a high, concerta will probably do just that anyway.

Q1. Alza is the manufacturer.
    Q2. Probably wearing you out, they are just a short acting stimulant afterall.
    Q3. No, it is a scheduled subtance, a high ranking one too. I believe Schedule II
    Q4. $2-$3 (even for his 36mg.. so 54mg might pose you more luck/$$$ if you brag on that fact.. 54mg is the highest dose you can get of the Concerta label, which in turn is just generic ritalin I believe)... Like I said is what my friend sells them for.. No clue if it's the general street value, but I'm guessing that would be cheaper than what is regular, as he's just trying to make a fast buck for pot, not deal off his scrips.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methylphenidate
    ^ is your drug. Read up.

3. kil0

kil0 The Rebel

good info swo0sh.

concerta is generic ritalin? did not know that, I thought is was sleep medication lol. total opposite heh..

4. jahmerimaka

jahmerimaka Member

My buddy is perscribed concerta 54s also. Ive popped em a few times, i dont find them anything special. He would give me one whenever we had exams, and if i had to study they made it much easier. Except they are time release, so they kind of wipe my body out, while my mind is still running. I wouldnt pay for them, id rather get adderral for a shorter duration. Just for study time, or test taking.

5. RylyC

RylyC Member

I never found the market for prescription drugs very easy to find. At least not where I live.

6. rollontheground

rollontheground Member

IT IS NOT GENERIC RITALIN...it is time released methylphedidate in a hi-tech pill, its ussually more expensive than name brand adderall from a pharmacy with no insurance....just cuz the chemicals are the same it ritalin and concerta doesnt mean there exactly the same...you cant snort concerta which sux cuz thats about the only good way to consume methylphedidate

7. rollontheground

rollontheground Member

in college kids pay $5 for the 36mg concertas.....but thats college where ppl want them to stay awake not get high....$2-$3 seems accurate but i wouldnt take more than 2 or 3 if ur inexperienced with high dosages of stimulants

8. sw0o0sh

sw0o0sh Banned

I said I believe, never that I knew if it was 100% in fact. I just understood that it was the same chemical. And you can snort it if you know how to get rid of a time release... I know the kid who bought 'em off my buddy snorted them.

9. NewDeadHead

NewDeadHead Member

Thanks for the help guys.

Might try to sell for $3-5 each soon.

10. rollontheground

rollontheground Member

its like weird trying to snort them though...prolly snorted a lot of shit he shuldnt have...if i remember correctly theres like 3 layers or some shit...its fucking WEIRD

11. xerces1492

xerces1492 Guest

what the establishment doesn't get is that usually this is the case: the pills work for a year and then just make you feel like shit afterwards leaving you with a buttload of pills to cop. and then when you tell your doctor whats going on, he seems clueless. sell em and buy your mom something nice. the price per pill is like $5 when you buy em from costco so im sure it costs more.

12. xerces1492

xerces1492 Guest

the "time-release" just means that it is in a different crystalline structure and it's probably broken by making it more alkaline (in other words free-basing) but ONLY use this for the time release part. free-based methylphenidate is appearantly more dangerous than crack cocaine. :puke:

13. kxracer21

kxracer21 Guest

^ actually concerta(on the pill it says alza) is used not to make you hyper or anything it is for people who have adhd and or add.. like me. it stimulates the nervous system letting the brain concentrate more. for people who have adhd or add it can be extremely difficult to pay attention in class. it can even be just not being able to read a question on a test. this effects grades alot. adhd ran in my family and both my sisters were taking it. in high school as a sophmore concentrating on just taking a test was difficult and my grades suffered from it. i did not want to accept the fact that i had this disorder. but one day before finals i needed to get a good grade to pass a class so i took one of my sisters concerta. it was a 54 mg pill. i took it at about 6 pm ( bad idea) i studied... alot! from about 8 pm to 4 am i studied the whole time.. my first time taking it i just couldnt get over how well i could pay attention to what i was studying and remember what i had gone over because i was focused on one thing.. studying. that morning after 3 hours of sleep i decided to take another concerta.. i did my research and it was ok to take it after 12 hours so i took another one before finals started except this time it was a 15 from my other sister. that day i realized how much that one little pill did for me. got a B on my test and made it through that class. after i found out how much concerta helped me i went to see a docter and got perscribed to it and they did a nurological test on me and i got perscribed to the 54 mg pill.. i was suppost to take it daily but i decided not to. my sister took it everyday and after a while it stoped working for her.. so i kept getting these perscribed to me but i didnt take them. i didnt want to abuse the drug. i dont like being perscribed to things and i dont like the thought of letting a drug do things to me that i thought i could control. i leared many ways to overcome add and for people who have add and are reading this you would understand how much it takes with out a drug to concentrate and find new ways to study and help you learn. i feel that people with add are almost smarter than the average person because we cant just look at a book and study it and expect to know it on a test. we have to find a certain way or a new way all the time just to remember that one thing or concentrate on that one thing.. taking this drug everyday is not the way to do it. you cant depend on it to get you through life. i mean sure i use it every once in a while. maybe for important finals or maybe for the ACT but its not somthing you can just take everyday and poof your a professor. its somthing that should not be taken for granted because would if you really do need it that one time and you take one and it doesnt do anything? I think that putting your mind to somthing and succeeding is a great feeling when you do it on your own. i mean sure you can take it when you down and you need help but letting a drug do everything for you is not the way it should be. if you want it to really help you try doing with out it for a while see what happens and if you need it ocassionally.. for somthing important take it. concerta really helps some people and it helps me. i think its great for some occasions but not all the time.

14. WannaTrippHardd

WannaTrippHardd Guest

i was prescribed to 72 mg of Concerta for like two months and then it just gets boring. i had to keep takin a higher dosage to feel any thing. i think by the time i ran out i was up to 180 mg a day. Aderal is way better!

15. etkearne

etkearne Resident Pharmacologist

I'll take them off of your shoulders!

16. Luvnh8

Luvnh8 Member

Interesting facts to read, my son was prescribed this recently
    @_@

17. mik3y82

mik3y82 Guest

"Buddy fuck we sell our bifphentin 40mg for $20 each, change yer meds bud"

18. Dexmethylcap

Dexmethylcap Guest

For those of you saying you stopped getting a buzz or effect from concerta, try chopping them in half down the center. When you do that, find the side that is white on the inside, and cut it in half again. take all three pieces and your problem is solved.

19. Manservant Hecubus

Manservant Hecubus Master of Funk and Evil