clonidine - any recreational value?

Discussion in 'Pharmaceuticals' started by kil0, Apr 23, 2008.

1. kil0

kil0 The Rebel

my little brother's girlfriend told me these things are like bars, but a little different. Im used to xanax, but I never tried these clonidines. Has anyone here ever tried these suckers? are they any good?

2. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

3. dxmer555

dxmer555 Member

4. deleted

deleted Visitor

drops your Blood pressure make you fell drunk... deadly to all...but fun I thought, accidentially found out how they worked Im old.... ha ha.....

5. kil0

kil0 The Rebel

interesting... is it worth trying?

6. blank5

blank5 Member

had a prescription to help the comdown of adderall...would take like .06 mgs and you can feel it...nothing specail and i wouldnt recommend dropping any money on them. Worth trying if you got a bro who will just give them to you. But whatever you do, DONT snort them. One of the worst burns ever. Worse them ambien.

7. deleted

deleted Visitor

not sure a answer to that.. since they do drop your blood pressure, chance is you can get into some serious medical problems. Id shoot a bag a dope before I ever do clonidine again..
    severe headache after and disrupting your blood pressure with this type of drug..imo. DANGEROUS.

8. DejaVoodoo

DejaVoodoo Member

I've taken a couple before (0.2mg I think) and it felt nothing like a benzo, IMO. It kind of made me tired but not euphoric or anything. I'm pretty sure much higher doses are pretty dangerous as they drop your blood pressure a lot.

9. SunLion

SunLion Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Commenting late on an old thread, but I ran across a mention of Clonidine today...

"...Clonidine, an alpha1 adrenergic agonist, potentiated the LSD stimulus in rats (Marona-Lewicka and Nichols 1995)." [page 39 of "LSD – assisted psychotherapy in persons suffering from anxiety associated with advanced-stage life threatening diseases. A phase-II, double-blind, placebo-controlled dose-response pilot study."]

It's on the MAPS web site.

Not suggesting that anyone try mixing them, I'm just wondering if anyone already has. I would NOT expect it to work, it seems like it would lessen the effects of lsd, if anything.